Hacking NSMBW Mod ISO Builder v1.00

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that would work actually. However, the main issue then would be people wanting to use their existing saves with an updated generated ISO with different ID. Perhaps I will add it as a third "save" option in the builder. And no rush on the save_banner.arc files, I will prolly be gone for the next 12 or so hours anyway. (logging off after this post)

That could pose an Issue, but to be honest, I doubt many will come back to this tool after they've made their ISO's once, unless they build a bad Newer version (Newer 1.01 and 1.02 had issues with world 3-6 and 3-7) And for those that do, I guess I'll throw together an icon for them. :/

My idea is that when the bat gets to the point where it asks what save slot, it'll have 3 options.

1. Share with NSMBW (No option to use custom save banners)
2. Universal Custom ID [KMNx] (No option to use custom save banner, same as 2 from previous versions)
3. Auto Full Custom ID (it'll apply the proper ID for the mod your building, and include Custom Save Banner patching based on your region and mod)

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WELL this is a pain in the butt. Another SMBW uses some jacked up BMG files. I have to edit them with a notepad because SZS won't except them. Never Mind, SZS tools is just being crappy. Switched over to Ctools and it worked fine. Wierd.

EDIT: OK, so looks like editing the message.arc files is going to be pretty easy after all, the only problem is that some hacks load the message.arc files from different locations. However, I'm looking into where each hack loads them from. I'll post as I figure it out.

Newer Loads message.arc from /message/message.arc always it seems, it doesn't seem like there are any kind of translations, ever. No need to edit this one, it's already got a custom save name and desc.

Another Loads from a bunch of different .arc's in the /lang/ folder. All of them have to edited too, because none of them seem to have the right titles. :l

Cannon loads from /messageEN/message.arc always. Doesn't need patching, but the titles are in all CAPS for some reason so I'll patch it anyway.

Summer Sun loads from EU\EngEU\message\message.arc always. The string for the title is too long is a too long for wii data management. Patching.

Holdiay loads from /messageEN/message.arc always. Title is incorrect. Patching.
Epic loads from EU\EngEU\message\message.arc like summer does. Ugly caps again, patching.

-----

Done patching finally. I'll have some kind of upload here in a bit.

Ayatus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Lol, The guy from the like above with the save icons and such literally just took the banner I made and changed it slightly to include it with his package. Haha. Oh well, who cares ^_^

Guess I'll just take his save images, they're the same as what I was going to do anyway. Haha.

KMNx = Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii
6ro.png
SAVE_ICON.png

KMSx = Newer Summer Sun Special
gpby.png
tda2.png

KMHx = Newer Holiday Special
rmn4.png
k1.png

KMAx = Another Super Mario Bros. Wii
j6pg.png
o0gp.png

KMCx = Cannon Super Mario Bros. Wii
784.png
g7or.png

KMEx = Epic Super Bowser World
ESBWtitle.png
8uuy.png

Did all the imaging, just need to convert all to BTI and U8 compress with correct file names for each region. Once I do, Download links up the wazoo.
Either you use them as I have done, or you keep your modifications for you or you do not use them.
This work is previous in your work.
First publication of my pack with my icons and banners June 30, 2013
Where are your icons and banners at this date?

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either you use them as I have done, or you keep your modifications for you or you do not use them.
This work is previous in your work.

Well, they are being used the same way, anyhow. I was joking about the taking them bit. xD
Not sure I get your meaning there with the last bit though. I take it english isn't your first language?
Eh, anyhow. I can make My own images if you want me too, they'll be almost the same though. Good job on them too, btw. They're pretty nice.

If you let me use em they'll probably become part of the official patcher at some point if damysteryman makes use of all the file's i'm patching and uploading.

Ayatus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I agree that you use them.
I'm pretty satisfied with my banners but not my icons, if you've the best to offer, do not hesitate.

My first language is French, sorry for my poor English.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, I finally finished doing all the file editing. Here's a bunch of crap that maybe a few of you might use.
This is mostly for Damysteryman so he can do his ISO Builder magic with them.

Attachments

• BunchO'NSMBCrap.zip
    321 KB · Views: 253
Reactions: MassiveRican

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. Although there should be an patch for world 2-Castle to fix that weird glitch where everything is misplaced at the beginning. You can bypass it by moving left and jumping till the screen fades you back to the beginning of the level. Not a big deal, but eh. Seems to work fine with USAv1 here. I wonder if copying some of the patches from another or one of the other hacks to this one would fix this issue?

Apparently the issue stems from how the game is hard coded to have weird scrolling in 2-Castle.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno anyhow. Retro Remix is an abandoned project. The last post I seen by it's forum leader was from a long time ago. Retro Remix is cool, but alas, the project is abandoned so I really don't see much point in pursuing it too much farther. If I ever get much into NSMBW hacking and Newer's tools make it easier, I'd actually revive the project myself, but eh.

dragnmastr85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shadow#1
Ah ok then (I saw what it was and was about to reply about it :lol: )

Anyone else getting .dll errors when using custom banner downloads?
If so, could you please try replacing wit\wget.exe... with this copy of wget.exe?

Just want people to try that before adding it to an update.

I was having dll issues and the wget you posted fixed them. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: