XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
neogamma comes with *.wip files to get around the protection for NSMB. All you need is a working cIOS249 and Neogamma (w/ *.wip files) and it should work automatically (provided your wii is even capable of playing burned discs).

Or u could hex edit the main.dol of the ISO so that the game will work even without *.wip files (required if the game is being played via darkcorp/disc channel or if you do not always have an SD card to load the *.wip file). If u search for it, u should find a post by WiiCrazy (I think) outlining exactly what values need to be hex edited. Just extract the main.dol using wiiscrubber, open it in a hex editor, change it, save it, replace the main.dol with the modified one. Done

edit: in the hex editor, open the main.dol and replace all mentions of
94 21 FF D0
with
4e 80 00 20

More info on the many methods of getting this game to work can be found here:
http://gbatemp.net/t189802-new-super-mario-bros-wii

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
XFlak said:
neogamma comes with *.wip files to get around the protection for NSMB. All you need is a working cIOS249 and Neogamma (w/ *.wip files) and it should work automatically (provided your wii is even capable of playing burned discs).

Or u could hex edit the main.dol of the ISO so that the game will work even without *.wip files (required if the game is being played via darkcorp/disc channel or if you do not always have an SD card to load the *.wip file). If u search for it, u should find a post by WiiCrazy (I think) outlining exactly what values need to be hex edited. Just extract the main.dol using wiiscrubber, open it in a hex editor, change it, save it, replace the main.dol with the modified one. Done

You extract the main.dol and patch it with Generic Wii Patcher + the .wip file.

Hmm doesn't Waninkoko's cIOS look at a certain offset for the BCA data? If yes putting that manually into the .iso would work too.

PS: I thought the latest cIOS (19+20) automatically return the correct BCA data for NSMB, could somebody confirm this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1