ROM Hack Now that there is a proper EO3 dump (Hex editors please read)

joker777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those of you who keep whining and saying it works on SCDS2 even though we know it does so please stop posting that... and who are not helping, try to edit out and insert the following lines:

1E FF 2F E1 ? 88 FE FF EA

1.get a hex editor
2. Back-up your rom
3.put 1 rom in hex editor
4. search for first line(blue)
5.Put the second line(orange) over it
6.save
7. see if it doesn't freeze as much

Shadownhero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
joker777 said:
For those of you who keep whining and saying it works on SCDS2 even though we know it does so please stop posting that... and who are not helping, try to edit out and insert the following lines:

1.get a hex editor
2. Back-up your rom
6.save

Testing this now

Edit: Just gives me a white screen when I boot it up

WarioMCP

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.theclassicgamer.com
XP
Country
United States
joker777 said:

1.get a hex editor
2. Back-up your rom
6.save

Which address? As the guy above me stated, there's tons of 1E FF 2F E1

joker777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
l i had ONE adress

anyway il see what i can do

plus you guys dont need to post the same problem several times and then not try to fix it

really
angry.gif
it bothers a lot of people who TRY to fix games for cards

Shadownhero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
joker777 said:
l i had ONE adress

plus you guys dont need to post the same problem several times and then not try to fix it

really
angry.gif

Uh, I am pretty sure a huge majority of us know the bare minimum about hex editing.

Just sayin'

Shadownhero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WarioMCP said:
How else can you be sure there's a problem if multiple people don't have the exact same symptoms? Getting feedback from multiple sources is part of the process.

This is why I am grateful that so many of you responded

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
joker777 said:
l i had ONE adress

plus you guys dont need to post the same problem several times and then not try to fix itPosting random hex bytes to change isn't really a fix either...
Especially when it's one that is repeated many times, and has no address.
And if you ARE going to post hex bytes without an address, you should make sure the string is unique by including surrounding bytes.

QUOTE(joker777 @ Sep 27 2010, 06:33 PM) really
angry.gif
YOU CANNOT FIX A GAME BY RANDOMLY CHANGING HEX BYTES! (which it honestly sounds like you did, or found a patch/patched version and just compared the two files)
Given that the average person cannot crack AP, the random people who respond WILL NOT be able to provide any help.

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
twiztidsinz said:
joker777 said:
l i had ONE adress

plus you guys dont need to post the same problem several times and then not try to fix itPosting random hex bytes to change isn't really a fix either...
Especially when it's one that is repeated many times, and has no address.
And if you ARE going to post hex bytes without an address, you should make sure the string is unique by including surrounding bytes.

QUOTE(joker777 @ Sep 27 2010, 06:33 PM) really
angry.gif
YOU CANNOT FIX A GAME BY RANDOMLY CHANGING HEX BYTES! (which it honestly sounds like you did, or found a patch/patched version and just compared the two files)
Given that the average person cannot crack AP, the random people who respond WILL NOT be able to provide any help.

i dont think you need to point this out , dunno who did he try to impress .
also as i see it there will be no patch for this game anytime soon , akaio users can wait for akaio 1.8 .

joker777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

k,
yaynds.gif

I hope you are also helping fix the problem as well, just not another person saying what i should/shouldnt do
yaynds.gif

also as i see it there will be no patch for this game anytime soon

why? am i the only one trying to solve the problem, because you guys are just here saying it doesnt work, yet only 3 people are trying to fix this game... i swear this community is very intractable at times
mad.gif

i know im not doing the best, but im putting a lot of effort in this

I am still looking for more solutions

GrayFox2510

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
joker777 said:

why? am i the only one trying to solve the problem, because you guys are just here saying it doesnt work, yet only 3 people are trying to fix this game... i swear this community is very intractable at times
mad.gif

You are aware that not everyone knows hex editing, right?
The extent of my knowledge on hex editing is for translation purposes, and even there I find myself very limited (still can't understand those damn pointers). Odds are, 80% or more of the people in here know nothing or around my level (which isn't much). So yeah...

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
joker777 said:

k,
yaynds.gif

I hope you are also helping fix the problem as well, just not another person saying what i should/shouldnt do
yaynds.gif

mad.gif

and how am i supposed to help ?? as sayed earlier not much ppl know hex editing , and the ones that know it , didnt even probably bother trying what you said , there are a lot of 1E FF 2F E1 , you didnt even say which one , just by looking at this post someone with a little knowledge of hex editing wouldnt even bother trying it .
also the thing that bothers me most is one of your statements , that you ONLY had ONE 1E FF 2F E1 . are we even talking about the same game , or do you have some bad dump , cause the proper one should have more 1E FF 2F E1 than one .

Leroy160

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there was, this would have been updated on it. Trust me man, seeing this thread get bumped makes me think deep down that there is a slim chance that the patch is up...But when I look its just another bump
ohnoes.png

Mooks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Leroy160 said:
If there was, this would have been updated on it. Trust me man, seeing this thread get bumped makes me think deep down that there is a slim chance that the patch is up...But when I look its just another bump
ohnoes.png
sorry bro, it's just that i've been lurking the thread for about a week, eager to see progress
i'll just go back to waiting patiently

Leroy160

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mooks said:
Leroy160 said:
ohnoes.png
sorry bro, it's just that i've been lurking the thread for about a week, eager to see progress
i'll just go back to waiting patiently

Oh I know, This and google are my hot spots at the moment...But what can a nobody at hex editing, cracking, etc. do?
Poke-manz is whats hot right now so its that or freeze-my-face EO3. T_T

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
which group released this so called proper dump? All I can find everywhere seems to be this nuke this thingy...
nuke this's keep scewing up for me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps5-m2sdd-quit-working-in-ps5.622567/page-2 guess I'm not the only...