PS1/2 Now I'm confident to start soldering a PS2...

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Today, I followed a guide to mod a Megadrive to enable it to do 50/60hz and play Japanese games so I'm now going to try and tackle the PS2 for the first time.

Recommended chip from the GBAtempers?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
*points in the direction of HD loader.

If not the matrix chips function well enough, there are some solderless ones at a fairly hideous price but I have not got any real info on their ease of use.

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
*points in the direction of HD loader.

If not the matrix chips function well enough, there are some solderless ones at a fairly hideous price but I have not got any real info on their ease of use.
HD loader was considered at one point but I seriously can't be bothered spending on the network adapter and the hard drive. Also the PS2 I'm modding it on was given to me for free and frankly I don't care if the laser goes anytime soon. That said, I did look into the solderless options but I hear that it's not as good as soldering the chip in.

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i think Duo 3 Gold is a great mod chip for its price if you wanted to solder ($15)
or infinity/dms4 chip if you need all that fancy features. Ps2 is just like modding a wii, small points, just alot of it, then the bios pad is like soldering on the leg of panasonic since their so damn close to each other and small. take it slow and tripple check your joints and points.

i have to suggest either a swap method or a mod chip. i dont know how well the hdloader loads but god usb hard drive loader was trash.

*Edit*
oh if its Ps2 Fat then try independence hack. maybe find someone with a mod chip already and ask them to load hack into the MC

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i think Duo 3 Gold is a great mod chip for its price if you wanted to solder ($15)
or infinity/dms4 chip if you need all that fancy features. Ps2 is just like modding a wii, small points, just alot of it, then the bios pad is like soldering on the leg of panasonic since their so damn close to each other and small. take it slow and tripple check your joints and points.

i have to suggest either a swap method or a mod chip. i dont know how well the hdloader loads but god usb hard drive loader was trash.

*Edit*
oh if its Ps2 Fat then try independence hack. maybe find someone with a mod chip already and ask them to load hack into the MC
Nope. Don't know anyone with a mod chip and I used a swap magic for so long it's not what I want to use any more. I would be happy if it just runs ISO at all on the burnt media

EarthBound

a/s/l?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
or infinity/dms4 chip if you need all that fancy features. Ps2 is just like modding a wii, small points, just alot of it, then the bios pad is like soldering on the leg of panasonic since their so damn close to each other and small. take it slow and tripple check your joints and points.

*Edit*
oh if its Ps2 Fat then try independence hack. maybe find someone with a mod chip already and ask them to load hack into the MC

Yup,I used that method.

The MC had over 800+ SLUS's,and no matter what psx game i used it booted. =D

EDIT:You can hack the MC w/ Swap magic/fliptop.Whatever floats your boat.

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

*Edit*

Yup,I used that method.

The MC had over 800+ SLUS's,and no matter what psx game i used it booted. =D

EDIT:You can hack the MC w/ Swap magic/fliptop.Whatever floats your boat.
How? plz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: