• Poll closed .

m0dm0use

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Most of my roms appear with the correct game name but a small number appear with what appears to be the filename or rom id not sure how it knows what each game is.

for example some roms appear as xxx-xxxx or something along those lines, out of the large number I've added so far only 3 don't appear correctly.

Can I fix this?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
another user, making a terrible use of polls...
so i am gonna answer yes in the poll and don't tell you anything...

ok, now seriously, did you noticed if that happens to games with long names? check if the file names are too long or got special characters.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
rebuild the rom and remove any special characters from the games title such as © or ™

big effort to just get the names to show up correctly, but to answer the question, it is possible

m0dm0use

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
another user, making a terrible use of polls...
so i am gonna answer yes in the poll and don't tell you anything...

ok, now seriously, did you noticed if that happens to games with long names? check if the file names are too long or got special characters.
All the file names are short, maybe less than 7 charactors per filename, I've even seen the same thing happen on one of Gateways official videos even at this point you can see instead of the actual game title you see the game id, at about 0:55 in the video.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)