Hacking (not a release) Hackers have now confirmed PS Vita piracy

MDashK

Trophies
Website
www.mixwaves.net
XP
Country
Am I the only one that remembers that back in the Dreamcast day, ECHELON were releasing games on a day-by-day basis and no one knew they method, but eventually, they released they're method to the public as well?

And this was pretty specific, SPECIALLY about the selfboot method.

I think ppl are stressing out about "GIVE US THE METHOD".
You should be pretty happy that there is someone or someones that are releasing or trying to release the games somewhat in a public way and matter.
The method is not really important as long as releases are being thrown out the window.

Last edited by MDashK,

Sabishinbo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one that remembers that back in the Dreamcast day, ECHELON were releasing games on a day-by-day basis and no one knew they method, but eventually, they released they're method to the public as well?

And this was pretty specific, SPECIALLY about the selfboot method.

I think ppl are stressing out about "GIVE US THE METHOD".
You should be pretty happy that there is someone or someones that are releasing or trying to release the games somewhat in a public way and matter.
The method is not really important as long as releases are being thrown out the window.
I don't think that most would consider these releases, while scene substantive, to be of any worth. They're all in Japanese, and I really doubt that even 5% of people here even speak or know how to read 日本語。 There's no worth in something that can't be utilized by the masses.

Zeroba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I personally plan on buying Odin Sphere physical on my next pay.
Despite piracy being on the way, I still want to show devs my support for good games. Not too often a demo makes me want a game but Odin Sphere did.

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
I don't think that most would consider these releases, while scene substantive, to be of any worth. They're all in Japanese, and I really doubt that even 5% of people here even speak or know how to read 日本語。 There's no worth in something that can't be utilized by the masses.
But what if some release group, like we already have with the .pkg dumps, for Blackfin, start releasing this kind of thing?

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys, do you all still remember the talented fruitphone's jb creator and ps3 cracker? Well $ony unleashed his unbreakable bull-lawyer-dogs and they bit him until he retreated definitely from ps3 hacking scene, well, I can't imagine if these once crackers release they PS dead hack...
Probably Sony will have their houses SWATED or raided by FBI LOL

MDashK

Trophies
Website
www.mixwaves.net
XP
Country

Hmmm... True. These aren't "scene" capable releases. At least, not yet.
And you're right about the 日本語 part.
I get what you mean. But I was aiming more to the fact that games will eventually be released, and ppl just need to wait a bit.
More specifically: The ones that do the "code" and crack these type of things generally want to use they're creation at first, before releasing it to the wild public.

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
It pretty shitty for hacker who make a decrypting method because they can't name it and in the end all credit fall into the hand of scene release team.

Vampirex

Dhampir
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Oh ECHELON, brings me back some of my childhood memories..

Even when he did release the method, it still wasn't easy to copy a GD, unless you had a GDROM for PC.

There was a method that you could rip it using the 'Broadband Adapter', but back then majority of the people were still on Dial-Up. (And those adapters are pretty rare, at least outside of japan)

Last edited by Vampirex,
Reactions: MDashK

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh ECHELON, brings me back some of my childhood memories..

Even when he did release the method, it still wasn't easy to copy a GD, unless you had a GDROM for PC.

There was a method that you could rip it using the 'Broadband Adapter', but back then majority of the people were still on Dial-Up. (And those adapters are pretty rare, at least outside of japan)

Now its possible with sd cards and lately people have been releasing their own full non-ripped gdrom copies for use with both emulators and sd/hdd dreamcast mods. A great example of this is with Skies of Arcadia.

I might have to pick up a vita next. I chose the 3ds over it a while back but it looks like there's enough games to warrant a price.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Project Diva X next week
LoH Cold Steel II in November
There;s Root Letter and more japanese games which I'm fond of.

Vita userbase is small but it's enough to support these games coming out and I want to support games I like.

Don't forget Tokyo Xanadu, Steins;Gate 0, and the upcoming Ys game!

Guys, do you all still remember the talented fruitphone's jb creator and ps3 cracker? Well $ony unleashed his unbreakable bull-lawyer-dogs and they bit him until he retreated definitely from ps3 hacking scene, well, I can't imagine if these once crackers release they PS dead hack...
Probably Sony will have their houses SWATED or raided by FBI LOL

The Vita is so dead to Sony, they probably didn't even consider the Vita being cracked as good enough conversation for morning coffee-and-chit-chat.

Vampirex

Dhampir
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Vita is so dead to Sony, they probably didn't even consider the Vita being cracked as good enough conversation for morning coffee-and-chit-chat.

Vita is still ok in Japan, but anywhere else its pretty much dead or non-existing... and all gaming stores barely carry anything Vita related.

Reactions: MDashK

kiryu1

Trophies
XP
Country
Project Diva X next week
LoH Cold Steel II in November
There;s Root Letter and more japanese games which I'm fond of.

Vita userbase is small but it's enough to support these games coming out and I want to support games I like.

hope atleast Project Diva X is below 3.60

Firion Hope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So do we know whether the methods allow the eboots to be modified and then still work? Curious if this is going to help fanslations or not (I know someone who was looking into one but said it wasn't really feasible without being able to modify eboots)

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So do we know whether the methods allow the eboots to be modified and then still work? Curious if this is going to help fanslations or not (I know someone who was looking into one but said it wasn't really feasible without being able to modify eboots)

It solely depends on the game. Some games have all their text in files outside of eboot.bin. Most games I've checked actually. For those, no eboot decryption is required and we could even do it now. Finding enough people for a project though...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-