Hacking Normmatt hasn't paid his hosting fees again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
dudeonline said:
Normmatt, You're cool and all, awesome firmware by the way, but i'm considering another Flashcart since All it takes is someone to beg for another fix for you to throw a tantrum and threaten to stop production on it. I could really do without all the drama. I might be one of the only people on these forums not willing to suck your e-peen, and actually say what's on my mind about you.
Normmatt's not here...
Normmatt didn't start this topic...
No one cares what you think...

I care what he thinks. Mostly because he is right.

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't see what gives people the right to attack him just because he hasn't released a new version of AKAIO.

Send an email off to Acekard instead, and mouth off at them for the lack of updates.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
I don't see what gives people the right to attack him just because he hasn't released a new version of AKAIO.

Send a email off to Acekard instead, and mouth off at them for the lack of updates.

Not attacking. Just tired of the blatant butt kissing that goes on around here in hopes of some small reward from the mighty programmer. I think what he does is great. I think Acekard should put him on payroll, and pay him well. Instead everyone gets to go in phases of having a very up to date card when he's in a good mood, and a less than top rate card when he's not in the mood to program. Personally I have no real opinion of him, I have never met or spoken with him. All I get are the morons around here going. "You're my god, please don't forsake my pirated firmware, and let me keep playing my crap illegally."

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
tk_saturn said:

Send an email off to Acekard instead, and mouth off at them for the lack of updates.

Did I say anything about the lack of updates? I was commenting about his attitude about the whole thing. Either keep doing what you are doing, or drop support for the whole thing. Don't be a dick, and throw a temper tantrum and drop support (or threaten to) whenever you're on the rag about something.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
GreatCrippler said:
tk_saturn said:

Send a email off to Acekard instead, and mouth off at them for the lack of updates.

Not attacking. Just tired of the blatant butt kissing that goes on around here in hopes of some small reward from the mighty programmer. I think what he does is great. I think Acekard should put him on payroll, and pay him well. Instead everyone gets to go in phases of having a very up to date card when he's in a good mood, and a less than top rate card when he's not in the mood to program. Personally I have no real opinion of him, I have never met or spoken with him. All I get are the morons around here going. "You're my god, please don't forsake my pirated firmware, and let me keep playing my crap illegally."

Simply don't count on new updates, get a 6$ R4 to play new games (or a DSTWO) and wait. If he stops releasing firmware, too bad, acekard will rest on the bottom of my drawer (just like R4 was until Wood 1.08 comes out).

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yuan said:
GreatCrippler said:
tk_saturn said:

Simply don't count on new updates, get a 6$ R4 to play new games (or a DSTWO) and wait. If he stops releasing firmware, too bad, acekard will rest on the bottom of my drawer (just like R4 was until Wood 1.08 comes out).

Exactly.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
dudeonline said:
tk_saturn said:

Did I say anything about the lack of updates? I was commenting about his attitude about the whole thing. Either keep doing what you are doing, or drop support for the whole thing. Don't be a dick, and throw a temper tantrum and drop support (or threaten to) whenever you're on the rag about something.

If you had to deal with the n00bs around these boards you'd tell them to fuck off aswell. I'm still working on AKAIO but its not yet ready for release, but it is coming.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
dudeonline said:
tk_saturn said:

If you had to deal with the n00bs around these boards you'd tell them to fuck off aswell. I'm still working on AKAIO but its not yet ready for release, but it is coming.

Nice. Do you have a ERD? (ERD=Estimated Release Date)

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Normmatt said:
dudeonline said:
tk_saturn said:

Homebrew devs on the whole need to deal with the same shit you do, man. Especially firmware devs. GEN team, and Dark_Alex in particular. There are a very small number that actually quit or threaten to because of it. I do appreciate your work. I really do, and I know you are working on a new version of it, but like it or not, you are the face of Acekard. AKAIO is the reason why everyone buys the card. Not many people even know you have a team behind you. I can't help but feel you have a chip on your shoulder about the whole thing, and i'm sure i'm not the only one who feels the same.

kirlac

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Does it really matter? People have a right to do what they want with their works. If Normmatt gets sick of hearing the constant nagging he can do what he wants with his software/firmware etc. And no I'm not down on my knees trying to stuff Normmatts junk in my mouth, I'm just saying in general that people have the right to not be under constant harassment about their hard work they are sharing free of charge. If threatening to shut the project down helps stop the noob flood, then wheres the problem? He's not actually stopping AKAIO (not yet anyway).

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
kirlac said:
Does it really matter? People have a right to do what they want with their works. If Normmatt gets sick of hearing the constant nagging he can do what he wants with his software/firmware etc. And no I'm not down on my knees trying to stuff Normmatts junk in my mouth, I'm just saying in general that people have the right to not be under constant harassment about their hard work they are sharing free of charge. If threatening to shut the project down helps stop the noob flood, then wheres the problem? He's not actually stopping AKAIO (not yet anyway).

Youre right, He can do what he likes. But at this point, AKAIO is the selling point for the Acekard, and tbh, its the reason I bought it myself. Now i'm regretting the decision. Again, not because of the lack of updates, or the quality of the firmware, but because of the attitude of the lead developer.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
Normmatt said:
dudeonline said:
tk_saturn said:

Homebrew devs on the whole need to deal with the same shit you do, man. Especially firmware devs. GEN team, and Dark_Alex in particular. There are a very small number that actually quit or threaten to because of it. I do appreciate your work. I really do, and I know you are working on a new version of it, but like it or not, you are the face of Acekard. AKAIO is the reason why everyone buys the card. Not many people even know you have a team behind you. I can't help but feel you have a chip on your shoulder about the whole thing, and i'm sure i'm not the only one who feels the same.

Pah, that is a load of crap. I didn't know AKAIO existed until a month after I got my Acekard 2i, and even then I refused to put it on until the end of last year. As I said before, it's his work, let him do what he wants with it. He doesn't have to help anyone but he chooses to. As for the ass kissing, just because someone states their opinion, doesn't mean it's kissing ass. There's no point in flaming one another or Normmatt just because he's working his butt off to update something they DO NOT have to update. Plain and simple, we should all stop complaining and do what people seem to lack, patience. If you don't like it, switch to another card, but there's no need to get mean about it or tell someone they're ass kissing. I think the whole matter should just be dropped until he updates, if he chooses to, thanks to people whining and getting angry. Everyone's temperament and tolerance is different, so if he wants to get annoyed by people bugging him on a daily basis, then let him, everyone's different. You don't know what's going through a person's head or what they're going through, so let him be the way he is, but keep in mind, he doesn't have to share, he CHOOSES to share.

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Time to lock this thread I think. Normmatt has said he's still working on AKAIO, so the site going down is of little relevance.

This is going down the road of a flame war.

KevInChester

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Youre right, He can do what he likes. But at this point, AKAIO is the selling point for the Acekard, and tbh, its the reason I bought it myself. Now i'm regretting the decision. Again, not because of the lack of updates, or the quality of the firmware, but because of the attitude of the lead developer.

Yes but if anybody is deserving of your ire it would be the official team who seem to have given up, and not the lead developer of an unofficial team that creates a high quality alternate firmware. An update will come out soon I'm sure - in the meantime why not focus on something else. This goes to you and to all others with this attitude.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
Time to lock this thread I think. Normmatt has said he's still working on AKAIO, so the site going down is of little relevance.

I agree. Mods were done here. Close it.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dudeonline said:

It's a $13 card. Get over it.

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
kirlac said:

And how is that relevant to your point?

Again, nobody cares what you think. Seriously, shut the fuck up.

Go buy a R4 or something and stop whining.

Yuan said:
Dark_Alex's 2007 quit was fake, his last firmware was released on January/2009.
He didn't quit. But his forums were closed down due to expenses.

Normmatt is doing this for free.

Normmatt is paying for a server so you can report bugs.

He doesn't owe you shit.

You don't get to decide that. In fact, you kinda started the whole thing with this pointless topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo