Emulation NooDS - Nintendo DS emulator for Vita

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
As with gbatemp temporary mode this thread got deleted, im creating it again.

https://github.com/Hydr8gon/NooDS

Overview​

The goal of NooDS is to be a fast and portable Nintendo DS emulator. It's not quite there speed-wise, but it does offer most other features that you might expect from a DS emulator. It even supports GBA backwards compatability! I'm doing this for fun and as a learning experience, and also because I'm a huge fan of the DS. It may not be a worthy competitor for the other DS emulators just yet, but I believe that I can get it there someday. If not, that's fine too; like I said, I'm just having fun!

Downloads:

https://github.com/Hydr8gon/NooDS/releases

ezkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely gonna try this out when I get home. gba compatibility.. like slot 2 support for games like Pokemon on the DS?

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Definitely gonna try this out when I get home. gba compatibility.. like slot 2 support for games like Pokemon on the DS?
Yes, it supports "inserting" GBA carts in NDS mode for things such as transferring Pokemon, and it actually plays GBA games as well. If we're talking about the Vita version though, it's still very slow!

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Well, show us noodle
crop.jpg

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have the vita sdk or know if there's an open source one (probably is), but you'd need to compile that in windows or linux maybe with is what msys is. then, download the dependencies, add the vita sdk as environmental variable, then use the make command for the vita. don't know what the vita sdk has to be named as environmental variable, but it will most likely tell you that it can't find x name when you try to compile it if it's wrong. you can probably set environmental variable in msys with the export command. export environmental name or whatever it looks for=~/folder where the vita sdk is located.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can also get the pacman command with devkitpro, not sure if it has vita stuff or not though, it seems to be mostly Nintendo stuff.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wsl will probably work. change it to version 2 in powershell. then, add the wsl drive to network drives with \\wsl$\name of distro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over