1. delboy13

OP delboy13 Member
    Newcomer

i've had my switch modded with sx core.
    was wondering for cart dumping should i use gamecard installer nx or sxdumper or does it not matter ?
    i take it i have to keep wifi off even though don't play online or can i keep on and do no nintendo updates ?
    i have emunand and backup nand on sd card, take it i can move backup nand somewhere else to free up space on sd ?
    i installed tinfoil.nro was wondering if i used tinfoil.nsp would it just show in homebrew section only and not with games on main screen ?

2. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    1. Doesnt matter
    2. Keep WiFi Off
    3. Yes keep it in a safe place preferrable have 2 copies your backup copy and your backup backup copy just incase your first backup gets lost.
    4. NRO doesn't show with your games / NSP shows with your games I think Tinfoil automatically makes a NSP so there is no way around that. If you delete the NSP another one will come.

Last edited by Goku1992A, Jul 16, 2020
    delboy13 likes this.
  3. Zkajavier

Zkajavier GBAtemp Regular

Costa Rica
    Someone already replied to you but I want to add:
    2. You can keep the Wifi On while using Emunand, but only if you're using 90DNS or Incognito. - Otherwise, never go online.
    4. Tinfoil now gets installed as a game title kind of forwarder when you launch its homebrew. As far as I know, I believe there is no way to remove it from there and just use it from the homebrew menu.

4. delboy13

OP delboy13 Member
    Newcomer

i was looking at sxdumper and was wondering what is difference between dump game and update and install cartridge

5. idfkyoutellme

idfkyoutellme Newbie
    Newcomer

Saint Helena
    Doesn't matter whether you use gameinstaller or nxdumper

6. delboy13

OP delboy13 Member
    Newcomer

i've got sxdumper but has either dump game or install cartridge wondering what is the difference

7. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    The options are pretty self-explanatory. You either dump the game or install the cartridge to your console.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - wandering, noobie, basics