Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Another quick question:

My Wii was modded using ModMii about a week ago. Everything plays fine, except for Super Smash Bros. Brawl, that it freezes on the Subspace Emissary mode.

Is there any way to fix this? I'm using CFG USB Loader.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Another quick question:

My Wii was modded using ModMii about a week ago. Everything plays fine, except for Super Smash Bros. Brawl, that it freezes on the Subspace Emissary mode.

Is there any way to fix this? I'm using CFG USB Loader.

Might be a bad dump made by certain cIOS versions.

GrahamWatts

Trophies
XP
having wiiflow trouble, so i removed wiiflow and re-installed wiiflow 2.2, the trouble now is when i click a game and you see the fav-settings-del boxes i select settings then go to the ios which is default click right arrow its 250 press left arrow to put it back to default (should be 249) but it goes to 222 the ios 249 has disappeared how do i recover it

pal deal or no deal still having trouble getting the bankers vault submit button working but i have customised ios 251 and it is slightly working now but i need to keep changing the base until i find correct one, anyone else had this issue?

Yoni Arousement

Trophies
Website
yonihq.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
My 1000 Wii Points card just came in the mail today! I wonder how to go about WAD packing a certain VC Arcade game that hasn't been dumped yet. WADPacker by KiKe seems to work the best for me, but I get some error like "00000002.app is missing" or something. It seems that most of the download links are broken. I've been Googling for the tutorial I'm looking for, to no avail.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
:P Use bluedump alpha 3 non-fakesigning to dump it on your wii and after this drag and drop the new wad into _wwpacker-JustSign.bat. Don't try to install it on your wii then or your ticket will be deleted and you need to buy it again.

Yoni Arousement

Trophies
Website
yonihq.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, the game in question has this nocopy folder and trying to dump the WAD causes a code dump. Yet I have the directories SD:/SaveData and SD:/WAD, but it still returns the -106 error. I probably was able to create a WAD from WiiMC for testing purposes.

So apparently the game I'm trying to make a WAD out of has Anti-WAD measures.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What directory do I select? If I choose "Pack WAD" and select the title ID, it gives me the error "There are files missing!".

Oops, I forgot to check "Show NAND". Wow, that was easy! But it crashes Dolphin upon selecting a menu choice.
Well if it never was dumped correctly before then they may havent added a patch that it works because they havent got the possibility.

GrahamWatts

Trophies
XP
fixed deal or no deal error :)
still have no ios249 :/

PLEASE READ:- megaupload has been bought down by the FBI so you can't download anything else from that site, i just found this out looking for homebrew apps to download.

Metalik

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
What you think is better for Gamecube backups (My drive is D3-2) : Use that softmod thing (DIOS-MIOS) or just replace my drive with another chipped (WiiKey2) drive from my old bricked console (IOS60 brick D:) (Which is D2B)?

The Rube

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried once, about a year ago to region change a friend's Taiwanese Wii, and ended up with a brick. I'd done Japanese Wiis before without issue and Taiwanese Wiis are Japanese region compatible.

then I found out that Taiwanese Wiis have stubbed IOS 60 and 70; so if I install those and then attempt the region change (to 4.3U), am I OK, like I'd be with a Korean Wii, or am I gonna end up with another permanent black-screen?

(the wii is currently 4.3J, I'd use MMM to install the 4.3U sysmenu, then ARC6 to switch regions)

thanks in advance to anyone who has a clue about this, and to all that took a moment to read it.

-a.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I tried once, about a year ago to region change a friend's Taiwanese Wii, and ended up with a brick. I'd done Japanese Wiis before without issue and Taiwanese Wiis are Japanese region compatible.

then I found out that Taiwanese Wiis have stubbed IOS 60 and 70; so if I install those and then attempt the region change (to 4.3U), am I OK, like I'd be with a Korean Wii, or am I gonna end up with another permanent black-screen?

(the wii is currently 4.3J, I'd use MMM to install the 4.3U sysmenu, then ARC6 to switch regions)

thanks in advance to anyone who has a clue about this, and to all that took a moment to read it.

-a.
Follow this guide from start to finish (don't skip anything, even if you already have it) to region change it:
http://www.hacksden.com/showthread.php/4113-Softmod-ANY-Wii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof