Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

  • Thread starter Thread starter richglix
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,711,746
  • Replies Replies 15,247
  • Likes Likes 14
Hey everyone, I softmodded my Wii about a year ago and it's currently on 4.2E I think

Everything is fine except I can't get on the WiiShop....

Is there a way to get around this? Can I update my firmware?

I get very confused with cIOS numbers etc and would appreciate help to:
  • Explain what cIOS is
  • Explain the different number cIOS's
  • Find out what my cIOS is?
  • What is the latest cIOS?
  • How to update to the latest cIOS?
  • How to access WiiShop while still softmodded?
Sorry for the noob questions and thanks in advanced!!!!
nayps3.gif
 
@satansgutter: you are asking for a whole lot of detailed nformation you can be easily looking up yourself.... in short, to get wiishop working again, just update the shop channel to v20. use modmii (link in my sig) to download the .wad and install with a wad manager of your choice (i prefer MMM: also available via modmii)
 
Sorry if this not going here...

Today updated my CFG USB Loader to v64 (release), and i added this line in "config.txt" to take a screenshot:
button_+ = screenshot

But when i press + button, the Loader just freeze it and i need turn off the Wii manually, ¿something is wrong?

thanks in advanced...
 
Munson_Jason08 said:
HOW DO I GET MODMII ON A EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE
What? first of all, turn off your caps lock key. Do you mean installing modmii on an external hard drive, or running game backups from your USB drive?

If you want to run game backups, just use the USB loader setup guide in modmii.

If you want to put the modmii program on your USB hard drive (why?) then just copy the "modmii" folder to your hard drive (the folder will probably be in the root of your C: drive). Or run the modmii installer and do a custom portable installation.
 
have you tried my first suggestion?
QUOTE said:
You could try just saving them to the default directory (ModMii folder -> COPY_TO_SD) and then using windows to copy the files in that folder over to the root of your sd card.
 
satansgutter said:
Hey everyone, I softmodded my Wii about a year ago and it's currently on 4.2E I think

Everything is fine except I can't get on the WiiShop....

Is there a way to get around this? Can I update my firmware?

I get very confused with cIOS numbers etc and would appreciate help to:
  • Explain what cIOS is
  • Explain the different number cIOS's
  • Find out what my cIOS is?
  • What is the latest cIOS?
  • How to update to the latest cIOS?
  • How to access WiiShop while still softmodded?
Sorry for the noob questions and thanks in advanced!!!!
nayps3.gif

Use NUS Downloader to get your shop channel back.
Use SysCheckGX to see what IOSs you have.
Your other questions can be found easily on google or the stickies for the most part, and the ones that aren't should be researched because they are a little complicated and I doubt anyone will explain it again here.
 
i get error messages when i try to load ModMii to my sd card.

Error cant copy IOS13-64-v1032: THE DEVICE CANT BE PREFORMED BECAUSE OF AN I/O DEVICE ERROR)

so now im trying to figure out how to put it on my External Hard Drive
 
Munson_Jason08 said:
i get error messages when i try to load ModMii to my sd card.

Error cant copy IOS13-64-v1032: THE DEVICE CANT BE PREFORMED BECAUSE OF AN I/O DEVICE ERROR)

so now im trying to figure out how to put it on my External Hard Drive

That has nothing to do with modmii (at least it shouldn't) just google I/O DEVICE ERROR.
 
Munson_Jason08 said:
i just want to no if i can upload modmii using an external hard drive instead of a sd card sense i cant get it to work with an sd card.
you cannot run the hackmii installer from a HDD....that's the first step....once you get beyond that, you could *technically* get it going with an HDD....(though i think the priiloader hacks.ini file must be launched from an SD as well, but WiiXplorer may or may not be able to transfer files from USB to SD using the wii)

have you tried reformatting the SD card? what brand/size of card is it?
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted