Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DJ_OPI said:
Krestent said:
DJ_OPI said:
Krestent said:
What IOS did you select in the cIOS installer?

If I'm correct I installed the "iOS60patched.wad" because the guide told me so.
You're misunderstanding my question. In the cIOS installer, before it freezes, it should ask you to select an IOS. What did you select?

I used the cIOS38-rev17 Installer to install and used iOS249 and network installation.
If it freezes with those settings, then your existing IOS249 is stubbed. Try using IOS60.

DJ_OPI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Krestent said:
DJ_OPI said:
Krestent said:
DJ_OPI said:
Krestent said:
What IOS did you select in the cIOS installer?

If I'm correct I installed the "iOS60patched.wad" because the guide told me so.
You're misunderstanding my question. In the cIOS installer, before it freezes, it should ask you to select an IOS. What did you select?

I used the cIOS38-rev17 Installer to install and used iOS249 and network installation.
If it freezes with those settings, then your existing IOS249 is stubbed. Try using IOS60.

How should I be able to install that if I cant use the wiimote in any HBC app?

DJ_OPI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Krestent said:
Try using one of the GC controller mods of WAD Manager to install a wad of IOS36 acquired with NUS Downloader.

Haha, I aint following you now buddy
smile.gif

limesherbert

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i get an error ret -2011 when trying to install cios rev17. i installed ios 256 and I load ios 36 when using the installer. i ask it to save to slot 249. can anyone help?
unsure.gif

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
limesherbert said:
i get an error ret -2011 when trying to install cios rev17. i installed ios 256 and I load ios 36 when using the installer. i ask it to save to slot 249. can anyone help?
unsure.gif
-2011 you are trying to use a IOS without trucha bug. You mean IOS236, correct? You need to load IOS236 in the wad manager, not IOS36.

DJ_OPI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Krestent said:
Try using one of the GC controller mods of WAD Manager to install a wad of IOS36 acquired with NUS Downloader.

Ahh, Now I know what you mean. I could try to use a GC controller and see if it works?

I highly doubt that will work actually.

limesherbert

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
limesherbert said:
unsure.gif
-2011 you are trying to use a IOS without trucha bug. You mean IOS236, correct? You need to load IOS236 in the wad manager, not IOS36.

ahh I see! I'll try this thank you so much!!
grog.gif

thatguyiknow

Trophies
XP
Country
I need some help!

I recently softmoded my Wii and am currently running 4.3E Wan. and I can't access the shop channel, it just keeps requesting an update to the Wii Shop Channel. What do I need to do to get access to the channel again keeping in mind I live in Australia (PAL).

Thanks

EDIT: Nevermind I can't believe my answer was just a few pages away in this thread!

DJ_OPI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disregard all my other posts.

Here is an update.

Currently I've followed this guide to upgrade my IOS'es , but I seem to have some problems when running the YAWM Multimod Batch

I get -1305 errors on some WADS, what should I do with these WADS?

Images taken directly on the TV:
http://data.fuskbugg.se/dipdip/WADerrors1.png
http://data.fuskbugg.se/dipdip/WADerrors2.png

Text version of IOSs'

QUOTE said:
IOS36-64-v3608.wad
IOS37-64-v5663.wad
IOS38-64-v4124.wad
IOS53-64-v5663.wad
IOS55-64-v5663.wad
IOS56-64-v5662.wad
IOS9-64-v1034.wad

IOS37-64-v5663.wad
IOS38-64-v4124.wad
IOS53-64-v5663.wad
IOS55-64-v5663.wad
IOS56-64-v5662.wad
IOS9-64-1034.wad

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
-1035 means that there's already a newer version on the wii. This can be because you installed cIOSCORP/DARKCORP or you already have the latest IOSs.
You should be able to continue the guide without problems.

DJ_OPI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
-1035 means that there's already a newer version on the wii. This can be because you installed cIOSCORP/DARKCORP or you already have the latest IOSs.
You should be able to continue the guide without problems.

Haha, the guide says that after the YAWM installation I should have 4.2E which I have, thanks!

And yes I did install cIOScorp before , it inverted my HBC back then.

neswii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im very new at this and i am just wondering what i have to do to get the system update to play black ops on my wii.
it was a 4.3u
i smash stacked to get homebrew
then i downloaded a file group and it put all the usb loaders and other files on it.
im lost from there.

DJ_OPI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a small question, I'm on a 4.2E softmodded wii.

Lets say if I download a online play game ie. Black Ops, will I be able to multiplay with the other players?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
neswii said:
im very new at this and i am just wondering what i have to do to get the system update to play black ops on my wii.
it was a 4.3u
i smash stacked to get homebrew
then i downloaded a file group and it put all the usb loaders and other files on it.
im lost from there.

Run it through Neogamma, or install the game to your USB loader

QUOTE(DJ_OPI @ Jan 3 2011, 01:49 PM) I have a small question, I'm on a 4.2E softmodded wii.

Lets say if I download a online play game ie. Black Ops, will I be able to multiplay with the other players?

They can't find out that your Wii is modded unless you cheat.

wannawanna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone give me a quick breakdown on wads? What exactly are they? Furthermore, what do they have to do with wiiware/vc? Thanks guys- just trying to educate myself and couldn't find any posts explaining the basics

snaglopski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been struggling with this for several days and searching has yielded no useful results.

I have re-modded my Wii using ModMii, upgrading to 4.1. Then installed UNEEK using ModMill, I've also tried following the guide to compile my own. I have successfully got the emulated Nand working with both methods and successfully installed and ran games from wads. I have not, however, been able to get the Homebrew Channel or any USB loader to work. I have followed the Complete Softmod Guide to the letter and it's always the same:

When starting up Homebrew Channel, I get the scam warning and then the Wii freezes with the warning on the screen.

The USB loaders just freeze with a blank screen. I have had DI working, but I would prefer to keep games in the wbfs format and use the GUI frontend. Honestly, I'm not even sure if this is possible, I haven't been able to find anything that makes reference to wbfs-usb loaders and UNEEK.

I think UNEEK is incredible and would really like to use it, but I am really at a dead end here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
snaglopski said:
I've been struggling with this for several days and searching has yielded no useful results.

I have re-modded my Wii using ModMii, upgrading to 4.1. Then installed UNEEK using ModMill, I've also tried following the guide to compile my own. I have successfully got the emulated Nand working with both methods and successfully installed and ran games from wads. I have not, however, been able to get the Homebrew Channel or any USB loader to work. I have followed the Complete Softmod Guide to the letter and it's always the same:

When starting up Homebrew Channel, I get the scam warning and then the Wii freezes with the warning on the screen.

The USB loaders just freeze with a blank screen. I have had DI working, but I would prefer to keep games in the wbfs format and use the GUI frontend. Honestly, I'm not even sure if this is possible, I haven't been able to find anything that makes reference to wbfs-usb loaders and UNEEK.

I think UNEEK is incredible and would really like to use it, but I am really at a dead end here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
So you copied the ticket from a backup of your real NAND right? How long have you waited at the scam screen? (it happened to me once, I had to wait a few minutes for it to continue)

It could also be your USB drive, I've tried 4 different drives, and all had different results when trying to get the homebrew channel (and other things) to work. So try it with a different drive, or just with regular sneak on an sd card and see if the problem is still there.

denclock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I probably have an annoying question. I have a 3.4u wii, that I don't really care to update, unless it would benefit me greatly to do so. I am running neogamma r4 RC2, IOS 249 (rev 7), I have been running this setup up for a long time ( at least a year) , and got to the point, where I stopped messing with it, because almost all my back ups play on this. There have been a few games that haven't worked Ghostbusters, Monster Hunter Tri, and now CoD Black Ops. I know that I am going to have to update to 249 rev 19 (57) to play this, but apparently my wad manager is so old that it won't update it as I get error 2011. I thought that I might try modmii and it seems like it could be a great program, but it gets stuck when downloading to my computer and I also am not so hot to update from 3.4u. It has been quite a while since I have modded my wii, so I was hoping someone could help me with the easiest fix (or best) that could help me play CoD BO and maybe MH3, I figure the ghostbusters ship sailed a long time ago. Thanks for any help, and hopefully this is coherent, and not too terribly annoying.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
denclock said:
I probably have an annoying question. I have a 3.4u wii, that I don't really care to update, unless it would benefit me greatly to do so. I am running neogamma r4 RC2, IOS 249 (rev 7), I have been running this setup up for a long time ( at least a year) , and got to the point, where I stopped messing with it, because almost all my back ups play on this. There have been a few games that haven't worked Ghostbusters, Monster Hunter Tri, and now CoD Black Ops. I know that I am going to have to update to 249 rev 19 (57) to play this, but apparently my wad manager is so old that it won't update it as I get error 2011. I thought that I might try modmii and it seems like it could be a great program, but it gets stuck when downloading to my computer and I also am not so hot to update from 3.4u. It has been quite a while since I have modded my wii, so I was hoping someone could help me with the easiest fix (or best) that could help me play CoD BO and maybe MH3, I figure the ghostbusters ship sailed a long time ago. Thanks for any help, and hopefully this is coherent, and not too terribly annoying.
What part of ModMii gets stuck? Downloading ModMii itself, or when it downloads the files you need? Have you tried to download them again? (if you have, do they freeze in the same spot?)

Well if you don't want to use ModMii, the other stickied guide, modify any wii 4.3 and below, is also a really good guide and you could also follow it to update your wii.

Also once your done updating the cios, make sure you update Neogamma too (latest is r9 beta) or you could always try USB loading.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on...