Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pal said:
Hello all,

Just a quick question for you wii geniuses out there:

I have a 3.2E with original wiikey installed, homebrew channel, usb loader etc. Problem is, I haven't turned it on for at least 9 months and am now not sure what is really on there. Is there a good way to get a nice clean console so I can start a wiikey/softmod combo from the beginning?

I have had a quick look through this: http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-4-2-below and it's not clear to me if I can just go ahead and follow these instructions.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks very much!

Yes just update your system menu to v4.2 ( Wii System Update ) and then folow the steps in that link.

pal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks
grog.gif

Sanfransexstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh you don't need to do the official nintendo update...All of the needed files are included in that guide so that you don't have to update via nintendo.

Sanfransexstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In other words if you are already modded, Just put the contents of update.zip on your SD card, then begin to follow the steps in the guide. No need to update through nintendo first. I don't believe that is what the guide intended.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NO he does not have too update but if he does, he doesn't have to go update all of his IOS's later since the update did it for him. Plus 4.2 has more features and there would be no reason for him / her not too.

Sanfransexstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah you don't understand. The contents of the Update.zip folder UPDATE YOU TO 4.2. There is no need to update via nintendo when the very first steps are installing the 4.2 IOS and system menu from the guide.

Dispel

Trophies
XP
Country
about SMG2 ..

1) with Hermes - which IOS does it need ? 37 ? 38 ? 37 + 38 ?
2) I have Wanin's rev17 .. do i NEED to update to rev19 for SMG2 ?

ty

phantomatt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
Canada
When loading up SMG2 in GeckOS, it says the disc is missing ios 56. could someone please tell me what i'd need to do, and direct me to a thread on how to do it (i'm assuming there is one. i haven't been on the scene for several months). Thanks, you guys have been great in the past, so hopefully you come to my aid yet again!

I'm running 3.2u and have the latest geckOS (or from my understanding i do)

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
phantomatt said:
When loading up SMG2 in GeckOS, it says the disc is missing ios 56. could someone please tell me what i'd need to do, and direct me to a thread on how to do it (i'm assuming there is one. i haven't been on the scene for several months). Thanks, you guys have been great in the past, so hopefully you come to my aid yet again!

1. find out how to use NUS Downloader
2. Use it to download a wad of the latest IOS56
3. Install that wad with Wad Manager.

phantomatt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
Canada
Gordinio said:
phantomatt said:

1. find out how to use NUS Downloader
2. Use it to download a wad of the latest IOS56
3. Install that wad with Wad Manager.

thanks! i'll give this a shot.

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
he means the motherboard of the drive. since it's much cheaper than the whole drive + laser assembly.

buy a non-D3-2 drive motherboard. remove your D3-2 motherboard from your drive and solder back your new motherboard.

Dispel

Trophies
XP
Country
WBFS Manager (3.0 - latest ?) works only with WBFS formatted drives ? NTFS - no ?

also - what is the latest Wii Backup manager version ?

claudekennilol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I play wads off of my external hard drive? Currently I have a a 500mb western digital hard drive with two partitions, one wbfs for wii games and the other is just formatted to whatever it's defaulted to. I use YAWM to install my wads, but only have room for one more wad at a time, so if I could run them off of my hard drive that'd be much better, please help me out
happy.gif

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
claudekennilol said:
How can I play wads off of my external hard drive? Currently I have a a 500mb western digital hard drive with two partitions, one wbfs for wii games and the other is just formatted to whatever it's defaulted to. I use YAWM to install my wads, but only have room for one more wad at a time, so if I could run them off of my hard drive that'd be much better, please help me out
happy.gif
Use Triiforce for that. Look up a guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea i have couple other sites I find Switch titles also and just looked, I don't see it out/leaked yet...(paper mario)
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Or even worse; circle pad ball fondlers like on the 3DS
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I just want a Pokemon Hell Raiser fan game 😭
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Anyone wanna play with my joydock
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it