Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Gordinio said:
Painguy said:
hey can anyone help me with my question in the previous page? im sorry to be a bother, but i have to return my wii for repair (artifacts), and need to clean it completely. thanks in advance
They'll still find out if you had homebrew, regardless of whether you delete it. Read this: http://hackmii.com/2010/04/check-disk-for-...repair-process/

I know. ive already read that article. He said the only reason they detected it was because of leftover files were still present. "Purely by looking for fakesigned tickets and TMDs, I found one each for 1-250 (IOS250) and 1-0 (“IOS0? — this is a bogus ticket used to gain group 0 access, Waninkoko’s old FS dumper used this and I think that AnyTitle Deleter may does as well)."
So assuming i clean those files with the Nand clean as someone else advised me to, and also to manually delete some IOS's like in the viriginize guide i should be able to avoid detection because i have nothing leftover. Im sorry i dont rly mean to attack ur post. infact i appreciate the reply, but well....you know this is the situation, and I might aswell try right?
happy.gif
Worse case scenario thy just send it back saying that they cant do a repair right?

Sanfransexstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. a while back i was successful in performing the twilight hack and thanks to these forums I am running a softmodded 3.4u USA wii. Now I would like to use netflix, but i need to update to 4.2 in order to do this. I know there are a million amazing tutorials on how I would go about doing this, but I think my situation is different and I honestly just need a little help understanding what my course of action should be. the only thing I know is that I do not have the trucha bug thing and I am running cIOS36 rev 7 or something outdated like that. Everytime I try to update through the guides I have found, (including the complete softmod guide) It talks about ios 36 ( which is something i don't have?). I also have an IOS 16 something which is also very outdated i believe. So if any of you kind souls out there would help me out I would be very appreciative.

kbe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Getting a new wii soon plan on soft modding it read a ton of tutorials to try and get as educated as possible but still have some questions. Now this new wii will probably not allow me to install bootmii as boot2 so I see guides suggesting that it's a good idea to install priiloader and block disc updates but wondering if that is only needed if I were to load games from another region. If I stick to the region of my wii & games and turn off auto updates on the wii would I be pretty much safe or is it still a good idea to install priiloader?

Advice would be much appreciated.

ayknapsat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought a black wii last night (did not do any type of nand back up)
started following a guide that

installed BootMii as IOS
installed dvdx
messed around with some .wad and ios 249 removal etc

anyway while doing this i realized that i have a newer drive and would have to go through the hassle of usb loading of backups.

so i sobered up and decided "forget it".

Nothing seems broken, however I want to restore the Wii back to the way it was when I bought it. I dont want any evidence of softmods on this thing and be able to do system updates without the fear of the update bricking it.

How can I achieve this 'back to default' state?

OrangeFlavored

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, a couple of somewhat noobish questions, my google-fu has been failing me... First, I dusted off my Wii after not using it for several months, and realized I couldn't update the homebrew channel or preloader without first uninstalling cIOScorp (which I never used anyway...) so I looked around for how to do this, and eventually managed it successfully by using DOP-Mii. Everything went well, and I got the stuff I had to update updated afterwards, but now I am curious, is there any reason I would want to install those three patches (Trucha, ES_Identify, and NAND something or other) on more than one IOS? I assumed that this was what it had already done to 36 when I hit the install stuff to IOS 36 button on the main menu, but would I have gotten any benefit from installing those patches onto other IOSes after patching 36 from the main menu?

Painguy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
sry for reposting this, but i rly need some help

Quick question. before i run NandClean how do i uninstall the priiloader or is the priiloader installed on the Nand?

at this part of the virginizing guide it says
If you have cIOSCORP/DARKCORP -> Run the DARKCORP uninstaller (it can be found in the same pack as DARKCORP)

2) If you don't have cIOSCORP/DARKCORP, you will need to do a complete update. You can find the instructions to do this here.
There are however 4 small differences:

* Allow the NUS Auto downloader to download stubs, and of course install them.
* Skip step 6 completely (so do not move the wads)
* In step 7, also install the IOS and System menu.
* Skip step 8 as well (yay thats the longest step biggrin.gif)

i have both priiloader and Darkcorp installed so do i uninstall darkcorp then update through official update then run Nandclean?

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Priiloader is installed in the NAND.

It can be un-intstalled by running the installer again, and selecting UN-INSTALL option "-" I think.

Why do you want to re-virginize?, this can be a dangerous activity if you get excited/carried away.

Some have bricked their Wii's doing this being stupid and hasty!

I think an Official update for Ninti will blow away the CiosCORP, but as I dont / have not used it, am not 1000% certain.

Painguy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
i have to send my wii in for repair, and im trying to get rid of everything including fake signed tickets o nintendo doesnt detect any illegal software on my wii with that new software they are using.

axeon73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone link me to a guide for getting super mario brothers to work correctly? i couldn't find it on searching this subforum. is this the only patch i'll need to apply to a dump? New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_USA_PROPER_FiX_Wii-iND

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@axeon73. Use the latest USB Loaders and either V4+ of Hermes 222, or v17+ of Wanikokos 249 cIOS, and thats all you need, plus of couse a raw dump of the game.

No hacks of the ISO needed =)

ayknapsat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you guys talk about re-virginize a wii like its trying to get out of a gang.

dont care if its stupid in your opinion. just want to know if it can be done, and if so how. simple as that

in the psp world an ota system update would just blow away your old firmware and not do any error checking. can this be done with the wii?

Revolution [9]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ayknapsat said:

dont care if its stupid in your opinion. just want to know if it can be done, and if so how. simple as that

in the psp world an ota system update would just blow away your old firmware and not do any error checking. can this be done with the wii?
If you perform a system update on the Wii, it would only overwrite the firmware file (the .wad) on your Wii, but it would not overwrite your cIOS's and your cIOS249 and any other cIOS of that nature.
If you have CIOScorp or DARKcorp installed, you should run the uninstaller first. Then you should use AnyTitleDelete DB to delete your channels (DVDx, Homebrew which is either HAXX or JODI), delete your IOS249, IOS222, etc. Then I guess your Wii would be virginized.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Revolution [9 said:
]
ayknapsat said:

If you perform a system update on the Wii, it would only overwrite the firmware file (the .wad) on your Wii, but it would not overwrite your cIOS's and your cIOS249 and any other cIOS of that nature.
If you have CIOScorp or DARKcorp installed, you should run the uninstaller first. Then you should use AnyTitleDelete DB to delete your channels (DVDx, Homebrew which is either HAXX or JODI), delete your IOS249, IOS222, etc. Then I guess your Wii would be virginized.
The firmware is not a single file. When you install a .wad, it extracts the multiple files and folders inside and installs them. Running a System Update will not overwrite cIOSCORP/DARKCORP, but it will overwrite cIOS249.

TheMafioso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm first time Wii user and this is my first gaming console apart from PSP 3000 which I've softmodded to run backups ...so I have exp softmodding but not on Wii
yaywii.gif
...need to know few things..

I have Wii which is 100% GC2-D2C2 (v2) and the drive has the new metal clip according Wiidrives identifier..

Hardmod vs Softmod
I purchased a refurbished Wii so I don't have warranty..so I could do a hardmod..Also I want minimum hassles later-on..

1. I want to run all my games through External Hard drive...through softmod, would I be able to do it? Will modchip allow me to play game backups on HDD? Also can I play game backup of multiple reigns through it?

2. I've read in a thread that there can be compatibility issues of some games when using softmod...and they require special patches..and through Hardware mod, i can run backups as easily as original games...is it still true now '10..coz the thread was of '09?

3. Also some mentioned...games encounter lag on softmod....Now I don't care about initial loading times but once loaded, I expect them to run smooth..is hardmod better here?

Can someone please answer me these questions? much appreciated
smile.gif

Regards,

stijn22

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hi,

i have the following problem with dopmii v1.2:
at the main menu of dopmii launched from hbc, i picked the second option, because i needed to do that. after it was finished downloading, it said installing.... when it was doing that a code dump showed up and my wii stuck. i tried a second time but this time it didn't even download anything. just right after i clicked on the second option the code dump showed up again. how to fix this?

Painguy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Revolution [9 said:
]
ayknapsat said:

im sorry to bug you, but which IOS's should i delete if i have Rev 19 installed under 249, and 37 base with DarkCorp? i feel so stupid, but thats y im here right?
tongue.gif

axeon73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C.S.I. said:
@axeon73. Use the latest USB Loaders and either V4+ of Hermes 222, or v17+ of Wanikokos 249 cIOS, and thats all you need, plus of couse a raw dump of the game.

No hacks of the ISO needed =)

Hmmm, okay. I do have those both installed (I think it was Hermes v4 in order to get monster hunter tri working), and using GX loader. I've been reading about some of these things auto-updating the Wii system, and I thought the patch removed this ability. Should I add startpatch to be safe?

Dispel

Trophies
XP
Country
ok, so about SMG2 ..

1) with Hermes - which IOS does it need ? 37 ? 38 ? 37 + 38 ?
2) it's not IOS reloading, right ? works fine on USB ?
3) I have Wanin's rev17 .. do i NEED to update to rev19 for SMG2 ?

ty

pal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello all,

Just a quick question for you wii geniuses out there:

I have a 3.2E with original wiikey installed, homebrew channel, usb loader etc. Problem is, I haven't turned it on for at least 9 months and am now not sure what is really on there. Is there a good way to get a nice clean console so I can start a wiikey/softmod combo from the beginning?

I have had a quick look through this: http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-4-2-below and it's not clear to me if I can just go ahead and follow these instructions.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks very much!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: any mushroom trip adventures you can share