Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Kkolko

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
When I started up my Wii this morning, priiloader booted up as usual. The problem was that neither of my Wiimotes was synced to the Wii for some unknown reason. Because of this, I cannot press A to boot into the system menu. I've tried syncing the wii with the remote through the red buttons in the battery and next to the SD slot but that didn't work either.

Is there a way to skip priiloader without the wiimote or can I sync the wiimote through other means? I've been told that I can also navigate the priiloader menu with a GC controller, so that would be my last resort. Do the wireless GC controllers by D3mon work? Because they are the only ones I can get my hands on.
wacko.gif

I's confused.

GPturtle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, here's another noobish question:

I got a US-version Wii version 4.0U, and successfully installed HBC and Bootmii (from ISO) and backed up the NAND.

What I'd like to do now, if possible, is completely change my console into a Japanese version, so I can play Japanese games and access the Japanese Shop Channel. The problem is after all the searching and reading about region changing, it sounds like it involves going back to a previous version of the firmware and then updating back to 4.1...except you can't do that nowadays, you can only update to 4.2 which doesn't play well with a lot of the homebrew stuff. I don't really care about playing backups or using the US Shop Channel, and while not particularly desirable I wouldn't mind losing the ability to play US-region games or use the HBC either if it meant I could make the change successfully.

So what is the easiest way for me to go about doing this, short of going out and actually buying a Japanese Wii?

outcast22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob ques?: After u install everything(Used xzxero's files for mod), what apps(AnyTitleDeleterMOD, Trucha Bug Restorer, WadManager,etc) need to stay on the SD Card? And if they have to stay on card, how do u use programs like SuperDump? I used a 1Gb card to put softmod in and am trying to figure out SuperDump v1.3(ANY GUIDES OUT THERE FOR NOOBS?). Thanks guys.

xerxes16439

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have another question this one is quick:
i installed a patch version of ios60 instead of a patch for ios60 so i could run channels from my sd card on 4.0,so far my wii works fine but i cant run channels still.is their a way to fix it?

daiuf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, i am a n00b!!!! I've been serching the internet and n00b paradise for AGES. Ok, now my questions:

what is soft modding?

is the homebrew channel just homebrew?

can i get free games? what is the suggested program?

can i update my wii after using things like the twilight hack? If not wont that mean i cant play newer games?

can i connect to the net after twilight hack and things like it?

what is wii hacking capable of?

what can the wii emulate?

And in advance I thank whoever awnsers this.

BiPoLaR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@daiuf

softmodding- Modifying the Wii, without touching the hardware (the insides), to enable homebrew and/or backup loading.

homebrew channel is for loading homebrew applications, which include backup launchers.

yes, illegally. I suggest utorrent.

yes you can... http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/

yes

taking over the world

nintendo, super nintendo, genesis, SMS, gameboy, turbografx, dos... to name a few

My advice.. USE GOOGLE... read a lot, and understand what you're doing before you do it.

GSR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: I've got a 3.3U Wii with HBC but not BootMii. Is there any way to mod the system menu not to check for updates on discs without upgrading to 4.2 and using the homebrew compatible with that? I'd rather not boot my legit NSMBWii through GeckoOS every time I want to play it, and I'd rather not deal with all the trouble of updating to 4.2 and dealing with that.

tl;dr version: Can you cause 3.3U to skip disc update checks?

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to play a backed up game and let it load on the disc channel just like a retail game would, without setting up any homebrew on a virgin wii?

user0002

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Alright I'll put my noob question here..

Is it safe to follow the "Modify any Wii 4.2 & below" guide after I first followed "Fully Softmod Any Wii (everything you need)" and got till the preloader part of it until I ran into trouble. I got the system files corrupted screen first when trying to exit the preloader menu, I changed the "System Menu IOS" from preloader settings (from 50 which it was first) to 36 and then I was able to access Wii menu again, the weird thing is that the HBC shows that the IOS number is 35, not 36. And the System Menu is 3.4E.

Anyway, considering that glitch with preloader and system menu version numbers, my question is, is it safe to just follow the "Modify any Wii 4.2 & below" guide from start to finish to get my Wii up to date, or do I need to uninstall anything or change something from Wii's settings first??

I

ince

hi guys

i have an external hard drive that i have formatted to wbfs. it has several games on it. i want to format part of it to fat32 to use wiiware/vc stuff with triforce.

is there any way to do this without deleting any of the current stuff on it?

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ince said:
hi guys

i have an external hard drive that i have formatted to wbfs. it has several games on it. i want to format part of it to fat32 to use wiiware/vc stuff with triforce.

I think the only way is to copy the games to pc hard drive and reformat and replace the games on external hdd

Kkolko

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ince said:
hi guys

You should be able to partition your HD with a partitioning program like Partition Tool.

EDIT: Apparently not
blink.gif

butteroj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive had my wii modded for a year or so now running 3.2. I safe upgraded to 4.2u this weekend and upgraded from rev10 to rev14.

I still own many REAL games, however newer stuff like Mario is now requiring an update to run through the disc channel. How do I fix this?

theweAve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone tell me where I can find cIOS rev15 installer & the wad?

I am also looking for the latest neogamma loader as well......

Thanks

weAve

SwansonE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the easiest method to determine the version of cIOS that I have installed?

I would also like to know what is IOS250 used for.

Wii: 3.3U, IOS249 and IOS250 is on my system.

Also, Waninkoko or whatever his name is does an incredibly horrible job at documenting a changelog.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
butteroj said:
Ive had my wii modded for a year or so now running 3.2. I safe upgraded to 4.2u this weekend and upgraded from rev10 to rev14.

I still own many REAL games, however newer stuff like Mario is now requiring an update to run through the disc channel. How do I fix this?
You can use a backup loader
or install Startpatch/preloader to block disc updates

theweAve said:
Can anyone tell me where I can find cIOS rev15 installer & the wad?

I am also looking for the latest neogamma loader as well......

Thanks

weAve
Its recommended to keep cIOSrev14 if you use NeoGamma R8

QUOTE(SwansonE @ Dec 28 2009, 08:40 PM)
What is the easiest method to determine the version of cIOS that I have installed?

Also, Waninkoko or whatever his name is does an incredibly horrible job at documenting a changelog.
There are apps like signCheck that can see what IOS you have installed

IOS250 is just a backup of IOS249 with maxed out version number

SwansonE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
SwansonE said:

There are apps like signCheck that can see what IOS you have installed

IOS250 is just a backup of IOS249 with maxed out version number

Ah, thank you. A follow up question: If ISO250 is a maxed out version number, doesn't that mean that the author himself can't update it anymore; or does he simply uninstall and reinstall it with each revision update? If so, doesn't Nintendo have the ability to do something similar if they want to remove it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, Meds time!