Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

antero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Okay, here comes my noob question :-)

I have 4.1E softmodded Wii with USB Loader CFG. All backups run nice except Super Mario Galaxy. Is there any way I can get it running? I have tried using Hermes 222 and 223 and tried region force etc etc. - I'm sorry if there's already a topic about this but I couldn't find any.. Thanks guys! ^_^ Oh, and please ask for more details if needed.

E: All I get is black screen. I have tried installing IOS33, both v. 1040 and the latest, without success.

jakl_53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok well im a noob the the whole Wii scene. I have a 4.2U Wii and followed the "Modify any Wii 4.2 & below" guide to softmod my Wii. Homebrew and all that works just fine, except for the backup chanel. When trying to launch my backup it gives me a "DVD Read Error 324" message. Everytime I look that error up everyone says that it is just bad media. At first I was trying with a Maxell DVD+R so I figured that it might of been that so I got some Verbitin DVD-R's. Same error message. What else can be causing this, and what else extra from that guide will I have to do to load my backups from a USb harddrive?

link8822

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I have a Wii Key 2 installed on my Wii, with Wii menu version 4.1 and keep getting an error message like "An error has occurred..." when I try to play my burned Wii Sports resort disc or a burned New Super Mario Bros. Wii disc.

My burned discs of Punch-Out, Super Monkey Ball, and Okami work perfectly fine. I already have the homebrew channel installed.

Can anyone help me out? I'd prefer not having to downgrade my wii menu version if possible. Thanks in advance!

-Steve

Piso Mojado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a n00b considering buying a second hand hard-modded Wii (Wii-key Version 1, 1.9s). I don't know what the Wii firmware is, but it's at least a year old.

In order for it to work with newer games would I need to soft-mod it as well? Would that even work? Would I be able to install a USB loader?

If I got a new one instead, am I correct in understanding that softmodding the latest Wii in stores (GC2-D3) will disable the dvd drive? In other words, I read that even original game discs will cease to play in the drive, to say nothing of back-ups, but that a USB loader will work fine. Is that right or am I getting my wires totally crossed?

jakl_53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Piso Mojado said:
I'm a n00b considering buying a second hand hard-modded Wii (Wii-key Version 1, 1.9s). I don't know what the Wii firmware is, but it's at least a year old.

In order for it to work with newer games would I need to soft-mod it as well? Would that even work? Would I be able to install a USB loader?

If I got a new one instead, am I correct in understanding that softmodding the latest Wii in stores (GC2-D3) will disable the dvd drive? In other words, I read that even original game discs will cease to play in the drive, to say nothing of back-ups, but that a USB loader will work fine. Is that right or am I getting my wires totally crossed?
Im a pretty big noob when it comes to the Wii as well, but I have a brand new Wii and I beleive it has the new chipset and I have my Wii modded and it still plays originals. The assumption that I am in under is that it just wont play backups.

BiPoLaR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ince said:
hi guys

i have an external hard drive that i have formatted to wbfs. it has several games on it. i want to format part of it to fat32 to use wiiware/vc stuff with triforce.

is there any way to do this without deleting any of the current stuff on it?

when you format your FAT32 partition, make sure both partitions are active and the FAT32 partition is first. This will save you some time.

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to play a backed up game and let it load on the disc channel just like a retail game would, without setting up any homebrew on a virgin wii?

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kazoo52 said:
ince said:
hi guys

i have an external hard drive that i have formatted to wbfs. it has several games on it. i want to format part of it to fat32 to use wiiware/vc stuff with triforce.

is there any way to do this without deleting any of the current stuff on it?

when you format your FAT32 partition, make sure both partitions are active and the FAT32 partition is first. This will save you some time.
will this, then, prevent having to copy the games elsewhere?

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wiimanizer said:
is it possible to play a backed up game and let it load on the disc channel just like a retail game would, without setting up any homebrew on a virgin wii?
if you have a modchip and your wii doesn't have the D3-2 drive.

X1pheR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, I'm currently on 4.0E softmodded. I want to update to 4.2E but do not know which is the safest way to go since amongst other things I have CIOSCORP v1 applied. Also I have Preloader v0.29 which I want to update to Priiloader. Can anybody point me as to which actions to take? I tried searching but did not come across anything regarding updating to 4.2 in my specific situation. Below is the history of what was applied to my Wii. Thanks to anyone in advance...

CODE####
- Installed FlatMii modchip for streaming GCN & Wii games through USB
- Updated System Menu v3.4E to v4.0E officially through Nintendo

#### Followed tutorial for softmod on virgin 4.0
- Used BannerBomb method which loads LoadMii v0.3
- Executed DowngraderIOS35.dol (only 1st option for IOS35 downgrade)
- Ran IOS35.wad using Wad Manager v1.4 (Started using IOS249)
- Ran CIOSv7.wad using Wad Manager v1.4 (Started using IOS35)
- Ran IOS36.wad & HBC.wad using Wad Manager v1.4 (Started using IOS249)
- Reboot
- Ran IOS60.wad through HBC with Wad Manager v1.4
- Ran Cios rev10 Installer (Network Install) through HBC
- Ran IOS Downgrader v1 through HBC to remove Trucha

#### Followed tutorial for running usb backup loader and games through disc channel
- Ran cIOS Downgrader v1.2
- Installed Preloader v0.29
- Ran cIOSCORP Installer v1.0 by Djarid (Including CIOS60BUFIX.wad)
- Ran cMIOS Installer v0.3 by Djarid

####
- Installed USB Loader GX
- Installed USB Loader GX forwarder dol in Preloader v0.29
- Installed cIOS rev 14 by Waninkoko
- Installed Hermes cIOS222 223 installer 3.0 (rev4)
# Got GDI Exception on first CIOS222 try. After reboot again and went fine.
# Used IOS249 to load.
# cIOS222. as 38 merged 37.
# cIOS223. as 38.
# IOS202. as 38 merged 60.
- Installed cIOS rev 16 by Waninkoko

X1pheR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi razorback78 and thanks for replying. I'm going to try that this evening. I see the 3.x uninstaller is compatible with the v1 and v2 versions. Can't find much further info though. Should I do anything after the CIOSCORP uninstall to prevent a brick? I assume IOS60 will stay patched?

Also I read that I can just install Priiloader 0.2b (rev 30) over my current Preloader 0.29 version without needing to patch IOS70 first since I'm still on 4.0E. Is this correct? I'm just asking since I do not want to risk a brick doing anything.

Also from here, which is the best recommended guide/etc which I should follow to update to 4.2E softmodded again? I see several here as well as links to ones on wiihacks. But I'm also reading things like Waninkoko's 4.2 Updater which should not be used because it apparently now downloads a stubbed IOS which bricks the Wii.

grapereaper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I am just now getting ready to install the Preloader. Can someone explain to me what this does? It sets up a different system menu for my wii? I used to run a cyclowiz (D2b-cut legs)and I had all my games on disc. After I updated to 4.2 then softmodded following the guide on these forums. All of my games that I used to play that are on disc ask to do a system update which i don't want to do because I believe it will disable the HBC again. Does the preloader get around these updates somehow? Is the easiest thing just buying a large drive and playing everything through the USB loader anyway? Is there a limit to the size of a drive the wii can see? For step 2.a in the preloader guide thread it asks he pick a region. How do I determine which region I'm in?

Thanks for the help.

jakl_53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakl_53 said:
Ok well im a noob the the whole Wii scene. I have a 4.2U Wii and followed the "Modify any Wii 4.2 & below" guide to softmod my Wii. Homebrew and all that works just fine, except for the backup chanel. When trying to launch my backup it gives me a "DVD Read Error 324" message. Everytime I look that error up everyone says that it is just bad media. At first I was trying with a Maxell DVD+R so I figured that it might of been that so I got some Verbitin DVD-R's. Same error message. What else can be causing this, and what else extra from that guide will I have to do to load my backups from a USb harddrive?
So any info on this? or at least just the error? Because after thinking for a while I think it may just have to do with the new chipset on the Wii. Is there any way to find out if I have the dreaded chipset?

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi to all, My question is, If I had a wad channel I had installed, and when I tried to install another I had the out of memory error, so I deleted that old wad channel using the wii management, not the wad installer. Do I still have to use wad installer to get rid of all wad or is it just ok to have deleted it with the Wii management.

Problem is that I dont have the original wad to use wad installer so I just deleted the channel using wii management. Thanks in advance!

charlieaf92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I dusted off my wii to try new super mario bros tonight. I burnt the ISO to a DVD-R as usual and put it in (I have a chiip that I made with a version of openwii that I installed back when super smash came out). The game loaded a prompt to system update - so I did. Then it repeated the same message so I turned it off. I found a patch for the ISO, patched and re-burnt. Put that disc in and prompted for system update, so I did. This one took longer. Then it said turn off the console there is an error so I removed the disc and put it back in (same thing happened). So, I tried the original unpatched disc and it worked (I have no idea why).

The unpatched disc plays fine, but after about 5-10 minutes I get a black disc error screen.

Now the question - is it an issue with copyright protection, or is there just a bad spot on my disc? It doesn't freeze in the same spot every time.

Thanks in advance
Charlie

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Its an issue of getting USB loader and running the game from it, gives 0 problems!
wink.gif

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
X1pheR said:
Hi razorback78 and thanks for replying. I'm going to try that this evening. I see the 3.x uninstaller is compatible with the v1 and v2 versions. Can't find much further info though. Should I do anything after the CIOSCORP uninstall to prevent a brick? I assume IOS60 will stay patched?

Also I read that I can just install Priiloader 0.2b (rev 30) over my current Preloader 0.29 version without needing to patch IOS70 first since I'm still on 4.0E. Is this correct? I'm just asking since I do not want to risk a brick doing anything.

Also from here, which is the best recommended guide/etc which I should follow to update to 4.2E softmodded again? I see several here as well as links to ones on wiihacks. But I'm also reading things like Waninkoko's 4.2 Updater which should not be used because it apparently now downloads a stubbed IOS which bricks the Wii.
if you doubt the credibility of any available cioscorp uninstaller, you could check on this to update to 4.2 and at the same time remove cioscorp http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/other-stuff/virgin...very manual though. to remove cioscorp is just simply reinstalling official ios to your wii.

to prevent brick...the usual bootmii nand backup and priiloader.

for patching system menu ios, you could always use dop-ios. http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/dop-ios

ios70 is for system menu 4.2 not 4.0. 4.0 system menu uses ios60. you are correct, priiloader doesn't require patched system menu ios.

xraven13

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well i don't see this anywhere mentioned, how to run Trucha Bug Restorer??
I have WASP mod chip, SD card and Homebrew Channel....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1