Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

rontonimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the quick answer. I have been trying to play vectorman.wad, and it won't install through the wad manager. ret-1 error. The reason I ask is because I'm lost after modding was way to easy.

rontonimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
razorback78 said:
so you want to install vc/wiiware off emulated nand...then look for the triiforce thread...and you are very much welcome, here to help anytime.
Ok kool, I'll start off with those. Peace

ItsXamot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One last thing I want to add to my wii, but i have a question about first.

I followed this guide:

http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/home/guide-usage

and updated my wii from a 3.4U to a 4.1U with cios rev14 and neogamma r7

however, i wasn't able to install bootmii as boot2 and had to install it as an ios

thus, for some brick protection, i was hoping someone could clarify whether or not i need cios rev15 in order to install priiloader, or do i can i stick with cios rev14 to install priiloader?

also, are there any screenshots for priiloader? i am just curious as to what loads instead of the wii system menu and whether the homebrew/neogamma channels are easily available while running priiloader.

thanks again

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ItsXamot said:

I followed this guide:

however, i wasn't able to install bootmii as boot2 and had to install it as an ios

thus, for some brick protection, i was hoping someone could clarify whether or not i need cios rev15 in order to install priiloader, or do i can i stick with cios rev14 to install priiloader?

also, are there any screenshots for priiloader? i am just curious as to what loads instead of the wii system menu and whether the homebrew/neogamma channels are easily available while running priiloader.

thanks again
you either need a patched IOS36 or IOS249 to install priiloader

it will look like this
priiloader1.png

ItsXamot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
ItsXamot said:

I followed this guide:

thanks again
you either need a patched IOS36 or IOS249 to install priiloader

it will look like this
priiloader1.png

thanks zxzero, i believe i have a patched ios36 with the trucha bug

from the image, how would you boot your backups via disc?

is the priiloader menu always going to pop up first and not load the original wii system menu?

is it possible to not load priiloader and go wii system menu? if so, how does this prevent bricking? im just confused about how priiloader works compared to bootmii. i know that bootmii backs up a nand file and that you can restore it should anything go wrong. does priiloader do the same?

sorry for asking so many questions

ColdSkull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I want to update my previously hacked Wii from 3.3E to 4.1E, because there's no Preloader hacks for 3.3E. I have HBC, Preloader and Bootmii (installed as ios, boot2 isn't possible), and because Preloader is not supported in 4.2E (?), I must update to 4.1E. But how? My Wii is offline, I can't connect it to Internet.

I think I should use the Waninkoko's Updater, but should I first use 4.0 updater, and after that, 4.1 updater? Is there any good guides how to update from 3.3E to 4.1E?

segasaturn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
longtom1 said:
You can use the new dop-ios to install IOS60 and system menu 4.0 or 4.1 for your region or you could just download IOS60 and the system menu of your choice and install with wad manager

you can have as many usbloaders you want in your apps folder
Thanks, but what IOS do I use to install it with? And it won't remove cIOS rev14 or anything like that? I'm hoping this fixes the issue I'm having - I'm not able to receive messages on the Wii.

Rich118

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi
i'm new to the wii softmod i have tried to search for my problem but cant seem to see an answer i have been following this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890 *Fully Softmod Any Wii (everything you need)*
everything has been going well installed HomeBrew, BootMii, and backed up my NAND, Patched the ios36 following al steps with no problem but after following the steps to install preloader i'm stuck i can get to both the preloader screen and BootMii screen but cant get to the menu on the PreLoader screen i get errors on most options
systemmenu - couldn't find "hack.ini" nether on fat or nand and then says system is corrupt
Homebrew channel - error autobooting HBC. maybe title not installed
installed - error autobooting file. try reinstalling could not open file
fileLoad / install file - no sd card found (doesnt matter if one is in the drive or not)
systemmenu hack - couldn't find "hack.ini" nether on fat or nand
settings - work system menu ios is set to 70 i havent changed this
systemmenu is V483 and preloader V0.29

I have also loaded BootMii and tried to reinstall the backup of my Nand but a message appears saying this it is not from the correct wii
Thanks in advance
Rich

claytonhowell

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not done any softmodding on the Wii. I have done many phones/pda's and the like. I was wondering if I should upgrade to 4.2 first. I have seen many posts about this, however they all say do not do it because you cannot put on homebrew or because it is not hacked yet. I believe that is now fixed. I have also read that you do not want to run a downgrader because it can cause your wii to brick, however every 4.0 or 4.1 guide I can find uses a downgrader.

So I guess my questions are:

Should I upgrade to 4.2 from 4.1?
Is there an up to date guide on how to softmod 4.1 (or 4.2 if i need to upgrade?) All of the ones I see have 30 pages of replies and about every 3rd page there is a post about how one file or program is out of date.

If there is not an up to date guide can I be directed to the most up to date guide and a list of updated software please.

Many thanks.

boobi_shabang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Rich118 said:
Hi
i'm new to the wii softmod i have tried to search for my problem but cant seem to see an answer i have been following this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890 *Fully Softmod Any Wii (everything you need)*
everything has been going well installed HomeBrew, BootMii, and backed up my NAND, Patched the ios36 following al steps with no problem but after following the steps to install preloader i'm stuck i can get to both the preloader screen and BootMii screen but cant get to the menu on the PreLoader screen i get errors on most options
systemmenu - couldn't find "hack.ini" nether on fat or nand and then says system is corrupt
Homebrew channel - error autobooting HBC. maybe title not installed
installed - error autobooting file. try reinstalling could not open file
fileLoad / install file - no sd card found (doesnt matter if one is in the drive or not)
systemmenu hack - couldn't find "hack.ini" nether on fat or nand
settings - work system menu ios is set to 70 i havent changed this
systemmenu is V483 and preloader V0.29

I have also loaded BootMii and tried to reinstall the backup of my Nand but a message appears saying this it is not from the correct wii
Thanks in advance
Rich

First off try a different SD card, it seems most if not all of the issues are down to the Wii not being able to read it, the other thing you say your system menu is v483??? if your a european (PAL) Wii it should be V482, is it a typo??

Kkolko

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I can either buy and old Wii from the first year from a friend or I can buy a new Wii from the store. I know the new Wii can't be hacked as good as the old ones because of bootmii and stuff, so I'm leaning towards buying the second-hand one. Is this a good idea or do older Wiis have their negative points as well?

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
^^^^^ nope the older ones(not updated to 4.2) are boot2 and newer and updated ones are boot2v4 which makes hacking harder

i think this one would be easy to GBAtemp

i'm trying to play a wiiware game but need a certain IOS 56, but i have the one coming with 4.1 and it needs the 4.2 one.

now i have a WAD file to install the newest version... but will this overwrite my other one?

also since im running linux i can't use a wad checker if they are good wads... please check them for me if you want! http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=764d6f0...621d66e282a0ee8

question 2
is installing bootmii/boot2 safe? thanks

Rich118

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply I'm not at my house atm so I will try restoring NAND with a different sd card tomorrow morning, The card I'm using atm is a 8gb sdhc card so will try with a normal sd card tomorrow also I am pal Europe so I would guess it was a typo i'll check tomorrow thanks again for the reply
Rich

Bravostar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Noob question:

I have Neogamma R7 on my Wii and reading stuff on this forum I found information that this app blocks the attempts of games to update the firmware, so it's impossible to get the game that will try to update your firmware and brick the console.

I also have USB Loader 1.1 installed but have not used it yet since I don't have external HDD, but I think I'll get one soon. So my question is, does USB Loader do the same thing? Prevents games from trying to update the firmware?

Thank you in advance for an answer!
smile.gif

P.S. just remembered, I assume that games load faster from USB disk than from DVD's, is that correct? Thank you.

ItsXamot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one more question about priiloader

do i need cIOS38rev15 installed to install priiloader?

i currently have cIOS38_rev14 installed

thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol