Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Eliax

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a problem.
After downgrading successifull to IOS15 with Trucha Bug Restorer (I have a 3.4E Wii) I proceed installing the patched IOS36, but during the installation i get this message :

Installing....
Es_AddTileStart returned: -2011
You need to use an IOS with trucha bug.
That's what the IOS15 downgrade is good for...
IOS36 installation failed.
Press any buttom to exit....

Anyone can help?
Thanks in advance.

I solved it, by doing the procedure 3-4 times

Nitromaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
Did the twilight hack and installed the homebrew channel ages ago. (say >a year)
Since then my wii has been updated with both Animal Crossing:City Folk + Wii Sports Resort I believe.

I think it's on 4.1 at the moment, the homebrew channel is still there anyway (last update wasn't one that would wipe the channel/modifications)

I'm interested in
a) Updating it to the latest firmware for the wii shop channel.
b) Installing a usb backup loader/mod (i believe this is what i need?)

Read so many conflicting information out there...what exactly should i do (or need) in order to acheive both the above?

My Wii is a pal, launch day model if that makes any difference.

Thanks

vic_rattlehead

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Hi there. Sorry to bother everyone.

I've got a problem which is really quite frustrating. I'm on 4.1E, I've got cIOS38_rev13b, and I've run Startpatch and the IOS Downgrader. For some reason, I can't access my USB Loader GX anymore. Everytime I try to, my Wii keeps rebooting to the main menu. For a second, I can see the USB Loader skin/layout without any content, before the Wii restarts. This is the case both with the Forwarder and the HBC app.

This just happened to me a few minutes ago, although everything has been running smoothly for the past few weeks with my 50+ games on the loader.
I haven't updated again and as far as I know, cIOS38 is stable, correct?

I've just installed Sin & Punishment 2 in Japanese, and the problem occurred right after, so could this have something to do with it? I don't think so, since I've been running NTSC-J games perfectly for a while now. The other game I recently added to my HDD is Call of Duty: World At War.

Any help is much appreciated! Thank you.

synicasm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am looking to updating my 3.2 Wii, Softmoded to some extent. I really dont know what all is currently installed. I think Cioscorp, starfall, HBC, etc.. I think I used methods from "Softmii 3.1" . Ideally If I could wipe the whole Wii and start fresh that would be the best I suppose. Is there a restore to orginal Wii method that will make the Wii like it was when I bought it with no softmod hacks and such installed. Then I can upgrade to 4.2 and use one of the guides here to re-softmod it...

Any Advice ?

Thanks

vic_rattlehead

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Ok, it seems to work again now.

I don't know if this makes any sense, but I discovered a corrupted 3D Cover Art file for CoD:World at War (downloaded from the server) on my SD card, and when I manually deleted it, the USB loader worked fine again.

That seems really strange to me, but that's just the way it is. If that doesn'te explain it, I'd still like to find out what caused this problem in case it ever recurrs.

Smashchu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it Ok to ask here?

I am trying to get Hackmii to work, but I'm not sure how I am to set up the file. How should the file hierarchy be in my apps folder?

Nitromaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
merbiyatch said:
hi i just got myself a wii with version 4.0. is it possible to softmod?whats better? softmod or hardmod? any links to tutorials?

There's a bunch of stickes in the Wii Hacking forum on how to softmod any system menu.
Hi,
What would you personally reccomend for updating/modding/installing a backup launcher for someone currently on 4.1 + hbc?
Thanks

Shadz0r

Trophies
XP
Country
G'day all, been coming here for a long time, but first time i've actually needed to ask a question i could already fine answered elsewhere
smile.gif

Righto so i've got a Wii with 3.3E firmware, i havn't really been keeping up with loaders and such so everythings a fair bit out of date (all the IOS's aswell as HB's and so on)
My sister had a Wii with the same firmware (3.3) that accidently got updated to 4.2 and i spent today rehacking HBC/etc onto it (They didn't really want to pull out the original games cause you know how children under 3 are with "good" things)

So to cut a long story short i got it all up and running but it got me thinking, is there any benefit for me to upgrade to a higher firmware? Her's pretty much functions exactly the same as it did on 3.3 (Though, there is 1 game, the new "Cricket Wii" game, won't boot, but if you reboot with the loader it'll load in the disc channel then die when you try to launch the game, though on my console, even with old launchers, its works perfectly?)

Been hunting around and i see 4.2 is pretty much an "anti-HB" update so no real reason to update to that right?
Though i saw 4.0/4.1 are the ones that introduce SD card related goodies and reported as "boosting wii performance" aswell as bug fix's, so would it be worth upgrading to 4.1 maybe? Use wanikoko's firmware upgrader? does that basically upgrade your console to 4.1 just without the nintendo nasties?

Or should i do a upgrade to 4.2 via nintendo's updater (i did see that some consoles were getting bricked from that tho?), then just downgrade from 4.2 to 4.1? (upgrade > install everything then downgrade as per this guide, which is what i used to recrack my sisters wii)

Or should i just stay at 3.3? Do all the IOS's that are released (for anything, like the 249/222/223's and all those for usb loaders and such) pretty much import all the features i'd get in 4.0+ anyway?

BTW with the new super mario bro's, do you need v4.2 to play it? or will it play on any version (I intend on buying it, but i don't want it to need me to upgrade to 4.2 or something !) or even is there a better chance for a backup to work via a loader on the newer firmware compared to the old firmware or what?
Would really like some advice on which way to go on all this
smile.gif

ps, is CIOScorp worth putting on even with all the "risk's" stated in the readme? Or should i just stick with Neogamma and Softchip? (I use channel forwarders so the ability to load directly from disc channel isn't really a deciding factor here)

oh, one last thing, FTPii, has anyone has issues with this not being able to mount the drive when booting up for Wifi dumping? My sisters wii wouldn't mount the drive, kept hitting errors though i forget what they were (the wii's no longer at my house to check) when booting up, it'd do the network bit fine, then try to mount and die, i dunno if i just missed something in that guide above (ie truncha hack reenabling and all the cios installs) or if its something to do with v4.2, i didn't try any other wifi dumpers soi dunno if its just FTPii (was latest version too)

Anywho, any replies would be greatly appreciated, cheers

Supergluey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Supergluey said:
HI! It's me Again! With another Stupid question.

I can't access my save files that are on my wii or sd card. It freezes my wii everytime it does that, anyone know the problem?

i have the following:
Wii 4.0U
Preloader 0.28
BootMii as boot2
Neogamma R7
HBC 0.6
Softchip 99(?) (used to play guitar hero 5.etc)
that cios rev.14 i install to play guitar hero 5

I updated all my IOS with pimp my wii already. Anyone why i can't access my save files , and i mean through the wii.

Thanks

Do you already have the BannerBomb save file on the SD card? If so, delete it (SD:/private/wii/title/aktn/content.bin).

Nope, I never used banner bomb, at leas ti don think so, it was preloader and boot mii , and cios rev 14 installer, but i'll just wipe out my storage card and try again and report back. Thanks.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In case I need to update my Wii to 4.2U, I just want to know how. Currently, I have a Wii Key 2 mod chip installed, and the Homebrew Channel along with Preloader v0.29. Also, right now, I'm on 4.0U. So how would I update to either 4.1 or 4.2?

Thanks

Dogod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have installed the bannerbomb (BootMii on boot2) mod properly (menu 4.2) and installed NeoGamma to run games from DVDs. I am having a problem running backups. I keep getting kicked back to the Wii menu whenever I try. I can run "official" Nintendo games that I bought, but whenever I try to run the backup from NeoGamma, it doesn't work. DVDx is installed, and it can recognize the game that I put in, it just won't load it. Can someone help me?

Chopders

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUESTION;

I have a 4.0 custom firmware with a modchip (yaosm) and I don't care about Wiiware/Virtual console. If I update to the normal 4.2, am I gonna be able to play New Super Mario Bros on a backup disk?

Thanks.

Chopders

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUESTION;

I have a 4.0 custom firmware with a modchip (yaosm) and I don't care about Wiiware/Virtual console. If I update to the normal 4.2, am I gonna be able to play New Super Mario Bros on a backup disk?

Thanks.

Edit, sorry for the double post, the site was slow.

WizardOfOdd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am currently running backups from disc using NeoGamma 7. Please could someone link me up to a guide to loading games from USB? I had a look round this forum, but I can't find a guide to the various loaders, and what I need to do with the disc images and my USB stick to play the games!

Thanks
smile.gif

minivan09ia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to mod my wii using the instructions from xzxero.

My wii was purchased in the US with system menu 3.3U right now. I think it has some kind of mod chip in it.

I finished installing the Homebrew Channel, DVDX, and Bootmii as boot2 from the SD card. I got the "success" messages.

When I ran WAD Manager 1.5 from the Homebrew Channel. ISO36 is not available as an option for me to choose. I can see ISO35 and ISO37 and some others. Is it OK to choose some other ISO other than ISO36?

Which other one should I choose?

Thanks.

JuggaletteENJ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been asked before, but my sister is typing for me because my computer committed suicide last week... I just bought the new Super Mario Brothers for Wii that came out today. When I put the game in my system to save it to my hard drive, it told me in order to play the game I needed to update my Wii. It also would not load correctly from ULoader (I would assume because I need the update). I was under the impression that modded Wiis+updates=BAD. What can I do to remedy this?? I REALLY want to play the new Mario Brothers, and so does my son.
Thanks in advance--
The World's Noobiest Noob.
(Erica)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    LTT also did it
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    jdhello
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if...