Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

TehGorunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh right, my question. Uh, what do i do and how do I fix this?
biggrin.gif

Matusay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, i'm a noob

My wii is already hacked (I used a tutorial from this forum), it has firmware 4.1 and bottmii installed in boot2 (and I have my NAND backup in my PC)

QUESTION: should I upgrade my wii to 4.2 now?? is there still any risks for doing this??

This is mainly because in less than 2 weeks the New super mario bros wii will be released and i want to get it the first day... but i guess it will have the 4.2 update in it... and that could be a problem.

TehGorunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PabloACZ said:
TehGorunt said:
Is it true that cIOSCorp also recovers your Wii from a brick as long as the system menu DOL thing and IOS30 is fine?

Yep, only if the recovery disc uses an IOS with backup loading capabilities (or that's what I've heard)...

....Recovery disc? Anyway, I not-so recently installed cIOSCorp. Everything was working fine. I can play backups on the Disc Channel. I recently went on the cIOS installer by accident, and when the installer loaded, my Wii powered off.
sleep.gif
I thought I was screwed because I was positive no idiot would ever reach this problem. I couldn't play Backups on the Disc Channel, nor on the Backup Launcher. I could still go on the Wii System Settings because that's the problem of a semi-brick. Now I know that I recovered from cIOSCorp semi-brick..... from cIOSCorp. Hackmii Installer doesn't work though. Meh. What do I do? Should I treat it as a semi-brick? That way I can use a semi-brick fix method or what? HEEEELLLPP!

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, I am here on behalf of my cousin who seems to have bricked his wii but how bad I do not know.

my cousin was on a 4.1 hacked wii and his HBC started complaining about updates. He tried to update but the hackmii installer wouldn't let him update. Frustrated he thought updating to 4.2 would help alleviate this matter, however he foolishly used Waninkoko's 4.2 updater. Somehow this deleted HBC and the like. However his usb loader forwarder channel still existed. The hackmii installer still didn't work. He tried using wad manager via bannerbomb to install an original ios36 wad. However during this process he accidentally deleted some ios wads, ios15 or 16 I think it was to be exact. After restart he gets a blank screen, no video, no audio, no controllers will connect, etc. If it helps I think he had cioscorp installed. I don't know though if he has bootmii as an ios installed. So how bad is his wii.

Can it be fixed? Or does it need to be sent to Nintendo? I should note I have a wiikey I could loan him if that would help?

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. i'm guessing the answer is 'no', but can a NAND image from a clean unmodded wii be used to restore ANY wii or just the one which the image was taken?

2. i have a soft modded 3.3U wii which works great, but i don't really know what I installed (i.e. which IOS's) to get where I am, I just downloaded different files from various torrent sites, followed different instructions at each step and prayed that I didn't brick my wii. I wanted to go back factory settings and follow a single guide so I know exactly what I did to mod properly. will formatting the system memory or an over-the-air system menu update bring me back to an 'unmodded' state, or is there more to it than that? would I risk bricking my wii if i try to undo the softmod?

thanks.

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fattest said:
1. i'm guessing the answer is 'no', but can a NAND image from a clean unmodded wii be used to restore ANY wii or just the one which the image was taken?
That isn't even a yes or no question.

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bdr9 said:
That isn't even a yes or no question.

i thought this was "noob paradise", not "giant fucking douchebag making useless replies paradise". how about this:

i have 2 wii's, one modded and one unmodded. i make a nand backup from the unmodded wii using bootmii, can i load that onto the modded wii or does the nand backup only correspond to the wii from which the backup was done?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
yes, betwiin can convert them
but you need the NAND keys from both Wii's (these get dumped as well when creating a NAND backup)

so basically, you have to create a backup on both Wii's first to get the keys

also note that both wiis will have the same serial number
and that bad blocks can cause system corruption (small chance though) and you have to find a different NAND 'donor'

TheSuperSteve

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings.

Very simple question: I successfully installed homebrew on my wii thanks to this community's help. When i load apps from the homebrew channel, the apps crash after loading. This happens around 33% of the time. When the apps load, they work just fine. But when it crashes i get a black screen instead of the app, my Wii Remote turns off and i have to hard reset my Wii. Is this normal? Or did something go wrong somewhere? So far this may happen with every app i've downloaded. I'm running Wii 3.1U and what i assume is the latest version of the homebrew channel if it matters.

Thanks.

ColdSkull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hello.

Now I finally decided to install Preloader v0.29. After I tried the installer, it told me that "failed to get root, fakesign fixed ios(36)". I search about it, and found out that I must install "IOS36-64-1042" wad before the installer works.

Now, I got that wad, and I went to Wad Manager. Now, like usually, it asks: "Select IOS version to use", and now I have no idea what should I select. I installed cIOS rev14, so should I select IOS249? That wad is IOS36, so should I select IOS36? I really don't know.

Thanks in advance.

E: I'm using 4.1E.

AWR-cheesy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes i did the exact same thing last night i accidently delteted IOS249 and had to rienstall it
u just need to put the IOS that it comes up with it should be IOS36
then once uve installed it if u go to WAD manager again it should start with IOS249 so jst pick that if you use it in the future
and yes im using 4.1E aswell so if u need anyhelp jst ask cos ive probs done all the stuff u wanna do lol

ColdSkull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Thanks! I'm still a little confused, I don't want to make any mistakes here.
tongue.gif

I haven't deleted IOS249, and when I open Wad Manager, IOS249 is the default value.

But if I got it right, I should choose IOS36?

Slacko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a very basic question:

I have a pretty old Wii that is at Menu 3.1U. I have installed BootMii as Boot2, and made a NAND backup. I have HBC installed and cIOS 249 rev 14 installed. I installed Dop-IOS Mod and have patched all IOS's except 70 (error). What I was trying to do was patch all the way up to System Menu 4.1.

Is this worth it? Should I just legit update to 4.2U and use the 4.2 guides to reinstall BootMii and HBC?

One more question:

I am using WiiFlow to load a USB hard drive and ISO's from that. I have about 10 games NTSC version, and 2 PAL version. Should I run BrickBlocker on all of these, just the PAL ones, or is it not necessary? If it is necessary to prevent game updates from bricking the system menu, is it too late to prevent damage if they have already been loaded to USB, or have been played? If played, should I delete the same game on the Wii, delete the game from WBFS partition, patch and reload it to drive? Or what combo is necessary for maximum safety?

Thank you.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste