Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
takaneko said:
nabster92 said:
Update to rev14 by just running the installer for it and using IOS249. It will just overwrite rev13.

Bootmii does not install to the system menu IOS. That's not how it works. Preloader replaces the system menu and moves it somewhere else. The useful install of bootmii installs to the boot2 sector which is something that is loaded BEFORE the system menu even comes into play. This cannot be done on recently bought Wii's because they have the bug in boot2 that is used to install it fixed.

Run the hackmii installer through the HBC. It will tell you if you can only install bootmii as one variant as an IOS (which will install it to IOS254 where it can only be launched from the HBC providing you no brick protection really.) or if you can install to both. If you can do both, install to both. If not, preloader is your only option for brick protection.

Since you have an LU65 Wii it is probably too recent of a Wii to install bootmii to boot2 but you can run the hackmii installer just in case to check.

The HackMii installer says that BootMii can't be installed as boot2, and every time I load it I hope that it will have changed magically, but realistically that's never going to happen.

I understand why BootMii as an IOS doesn't really provide brick protection, however I read on BootMii's site (http://hackmii.com/2009/02/bootmii-and-the-new-boot1/) that it's possible BootMii can be installed as the SysMenu IOS, providing better brick protection than Preloader... but as it seems, no one has really developed that idea yet. >.

WiiFSA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
I'm don't remember what to do to fix the fan thing, but I'm pretty sure it's something to do with preloader.

You need to start holding reset as soon as you press power to turn on the Wii. If that isn't working...are you sure it's still there? You still have that fan bug though...you didn't update your system or anything since installing preloader have you?

For Wii Speak, do you mean in games or the channel? The channel I believe needs to be updated to work. What made it STOP working if it did before?

Thanks for telling me there's a solution for the fan thing i would search for it.

About preloader well i changed a setting in preloader because it would return to preloader when i wanted to return to the wii menu from games or HBC so now even holding reset boots the wii menu.

Wiispeak doesn't work for The Conduit (haven't tried it in other games) ever since I basically updated to 4.1 and installed USB loader.

thanks for the help.

takaneko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I thought Preloader just bricked my Wii for a second before I remembered that I set autoboot to sysmenu and forgot to place the hacks.ini file. *nub*

Thanks again for your help! =)

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiFSA said:
nabster92 said:
I'm don't remember what to do to fix the fan thing, but I'm pretty sure it's something to do with preloader.

You need to start holding reset as soon as you press power to turn on the Wii. If that isn't working...are you sure it's still there? You still have that fan bug though...you didn't update your system or anything since installing preloader have you?

For Wii Speak, do you mean in games or the channel? The channel I believe needs to be updated to work. What made it STOP working if it did before?

Thanks for telling me there's a solution for the fan thing i would search for it.

About preloader well i changed a setting in preloader because it would return to preloader when i wanted to return to the wii menu from games or HBC so now even holding reset boots the wii menu.

Wiispeak doesn't work for The Conduit (haven't tried it in other games) ever since I basically updated to 4.1 and installed USB loader.

thanks for the help.

You do know that wii speak will only work in the conduit if you have registered friends in the same room right?

Not sure what to do about preloader if it's not working with reset...

QUOTE(takaneko @ Jul 30 2009, 11:26 PM)
Preloader just bricked my Wii. I hate life. T_T

Are you serious? As soon as you ran the installer it bricked? Can you still get into the preloader screen by holding reset when you turn it on?
I probably should have asked earlier, but assumed you did it to get your cIOS installed in the first place, but did you run the Trucha Bug Restorer to properly patch IOS36 before?

nvm then.

Natazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hiya,

I hope no-one minds me posting this again, I put it on here a few pages back but I think it may have been overlooked.

I am on 3.4E with Neogamma R6 and cIOS rev 13a. I have no brick protection at the moment.

I have installed Bootmii as IOS as it can't be installed to Boot2.

I want to update to 4.1 then install Preloader.

Do I have to follow the Ultimate guide from step 6 where I downgrade to 3.2 then upgrade? And can I upgrade straight to 4.1 or do I need to go to 4.0 first?

There are lots of warning bells going on when downgrading is mentioned, I'm sure I've read it is a bit risky and since I don't have any protection from a brick I want to make sure I am doing it right!

I hope no-one thinks I am being impatient posting this again, I dropped by the noob chat room but it was empty
unsure.gif

I think it's really nice here that everyone does so much to help us noobs
yaypsp.gif

Thanks for any help!

Natazza

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Natazza said:
Hiya,

I hope no-one minds me posting this again, I put it on here a few pages back but I think it may have been overlooked.

I am on 3.4E with Neogamma R6 and cIOS rev 13a. I have no brick protection at the moment.

Do I have to follow the Ultimate guide from step 6 where I downgrade to 3.2 then upgrade? And can I upgrade straight to 4.1 or do I need to go to 4.0 first?

There are lots of warning bells going on when downgrading is mentioned, I'm sure I've read it is a bit risky and since I don't have any protection from a brick I want to make sure I am doing it right!

I hope no-one thinks I am being impatient posting this again, I dropped by the noob chat room but it was empty
unsure.gif

yaypsp.gif

Thanks for any help!

Natazza

Yea sorry there isn't really anyone in the channel to help other than me and I'm not really there from like 4AM - noon PST ish whatever that is your time. Just say "nab" or something if you ever come in to make sure I'm not there if it's showing me as idle in mibbit or something. If I'm there it'll beep me and make the window flash.

Don't do the downgrading steps 9 and 10. If you haven't already use the Trucha Bug Restorer when you installed your cIOS originally, then do steps 6 and 7 to get your IOS36 in order (and then load the TBR again and use IOS36 to restore IOS15 which isn't included in the guide, but you should do it. See this video for exactly what to do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltrd3oq8hPc...e=channel_page)

Then you can proceed with updating. I think I have heard that you get an error updating directly to 4.1 which was solved by running step 12 first to install IOS60 with dop-IOS beforehand or by running the 4.0 updater first and then the 4.1 updater.

The way the TBR downgrades IOS15 is the only safe downgrading method for anything as it works on any type of Wii on any firmware. Don't try to install older IOS's or downgrade anything else like IOS35 with comex's dvdx thing or firmware downgraders or something.

Bannerbomb -> HBC -> TBR -> cIOS -> update if necessary -> preloader.

is basically all you need to do on any Wii. And actually updating can go in at any point in that process except after preloader. No point in installing preloader and THEN updating (any system menu update will remove preloader).

redow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

How can i play Wiiware & Vc games which i have downloaded from web sites. Have cios rev14 on my wii and have heard that is possible to play them through the usb but how or is there a other way? İs there any Guide about that how to play wiiware or vc games on the wii.

Regards

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
redow said:
Hi

How can i play Wiiware & Vc games which i have downloaded from web sites. Have cios rev14 on my wii and have heard that is possible to play them through the usb but how or is there a other way? ?s there any Guide about that how to play wiiware or vc games on the wii.

Regards

The games you got should be .wad files. That being said you need to get Wad Manager 1.4 which is an app you will run through the HBC like any other app. Put the .wad files of the games you have in a "WAD" folder on the root of your sd card. Then load the Wad Manager 1.4 app through the HBC and select IOS249 when it asks. Then have it install whichever of those .wads you want and they will then appear as channels on your system menu. If you want to play them off of your SD card, you have to be on FW 4.0 or 4.1 which has the SD card menu, and then you have to patch IOS60 with the sig hash check with dop-IOS.

Then you would go into data management -> channels from your Wii options menu and click on the channels you want to put on your sd card and click "move". (Don't do this with the HBC).

You can't play them through usb. Yet...

WiiFSA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
You do know that wii speak will only work in the conduit if you have registered friends in the same room right?

Not sure what to do about preloader if it's not working with reset...

Yes I know that...i went to the settings and it didn't detect it, tested by playing with friends and it doesn't work, restarted my wii and nope.
Also is it my hardrive or is it the USB loader that make games randomly freeze and unfreeze or some times just freeze were i have to restart?

Natazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nabster92 said:
Natazza said:
Hiya,

unsure.gif

yaypsp.gif

Thanks for any help!

Natazza

Yea sorry there isn't really anyone in the channel to help other than me and I'm not really there from like 4AM - noon PST ish whatever that is your time. Just say "nab" or something if you ever come in to make sure I'm not there if it's showing me as idle in mibbit or something. If I'm there it'll beep me and make the window flash.

Don't do the downgrading steps 9 and 10. If you haven't already use the Trucha Bug Restorer when you installed your cIOS originally, then do steps 6 and 7 to get your IOS36 in order (and then load the TBR again and use IOS36 to restore IOS15 which isn't included in the guide, but you should do it. See this video for exactly what to do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltrd3oq8hPc...e=channel_page)

Then you can proceed with updating. I think I have heard that you get an error updating directly to 4.1 which was solved by running step 12 first to install IOS60 with dop-IOS beforehand or by running the 4.0 updater first and then the 4.1 updater.

The way the TBR downgrades IOS15 is the only safe downgrading method for anything as it works on any type of Wii on any firmware. Don't try to install older IOS's or downgrade anything else like IOS35 with comex's dvdx thing or firmware downgraders or something.

Bannerbomb -> HBC -> TBR -> cIOS -> update if necessary -> preloader.

is basically all you need to do on any Wii. And actually updating can go in at any point in that process except after preloader. No point in installing preloader and THEN updating (any system menu update will remove preloader).

Thanks nabster92, you are being so helpful and I really appreciate it.

I have downloaded TBR and have looked at the video you sent a link to - do I follow every step in this video? And now I'm going to feel really silly asking this but I've been searching threads and must be missing something really obvious - where do I install TBR to get it to run? I used Zelda so have never used Bannerbomb - do I need to look at Bannerbomb?

Sorry if that's a really stupid question
unsure.gif

redow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nabster92 said:
redow said:
Hi

How can i play Wiiware & Vc games which i have downloaded from web sites. Have cios rev14 on my wii and have heard that is possible to play them through the usb but how or is there a other way? ?s there any Guide about that how to play wiiware or vc games on the wii.

Regards

The games you got should be .wad files. That being said you need to get Wad Manager 1.4 which is an app you will run through the HBC like any other app. Put the .wad files of the games you have in a "WAD" folder on the root of your sd card. Then load the Wad Manager 1.4 app through the HBC and select IOS249 when it asks. Then have it install whichever of those .wads you want and they will then appear as channels on your system menu. If you want to play them off of your SD card, you have to be on FW 4.0 or 4.1 which has the SD card menu, and then you have to patch IOS60 with the sig hash check with dop-IOS.

Then you would go into data management -> channels from your Wii options menu and click on the channels you want to put on your sd card and click "move". (Don't do this with the HBC).

You can't play them through usb. Yet...

Thnx alot.Think will try the first one with the wad manager cuz the second one looks to complicate for me
smile.gif
To remove them i have to use wad manager again is that right?

Regards

Rcolon85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I TOO am bricked
hate2.gif

I had a 3.4 wii and downgraded to 3.2 with (Riskiimod,Cioscorp)Preloader v25 and starfall patches to prevent disc updates a While back, I also had Cios rev 7. Earlier this week i decided to update my sysmenu to 4.1l (but didnt install preloader),when i put in my official TP dvd it asked me to update...i did like an ass but i didnt get bricked,then i tried to use the disc channel for my backups and they didnt work.....so i used Anyregion changer to downgrade back to 3.2 and tryed the Riskiimod pack again i stillwasnt able to load backups so i thought it was because i didnt have preloader v29 so installed it with the 4.1 hacks ini.......somewhere between trying 3.2 hacks.ini and trying 4.0 and 4.1 hacks.ini i got bricked, But im not too sure if thats the real reason because i did all that craZy shit......

1. So what do you think about not being able to load backups after updating to 4.1 and then downgrading back to 3.2 with riskii mod aka softmii....
2. and how do you think i got bricked?

oh and my wii boots up to bootmii and when i try to load my wii it goes into preloader....and my wii remotes wont sync....

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Your Wii is not bricked, altough it seems like you damage your Bluetooth module, weird cause I thought that was only by electricity issues, try using bootmii to boot into the homebrew channel and reinstall a 3.1 update from a disc, wad by wad or just restore your NAND backup to see if that fixes your problem (I HOPE YOU HAVE YOUR NAND.bin FROM A SAFE STATE)...!!
smile.gif

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cactusjack901 said:
I just got my wii back from Nintendo, I'm on 4.1 (I guess that would make mine a virgin 4.1), how screwed am I as far as cIOS and stuff goes?

Bannerbomb to install HBC/bootmii
Trucha Bug Rrestorer to downgrade IOS15, use IOS15 to install trucha bug/ES_identify in IOS36, restore IOS15
cIOS rev14 installer using IOS36
dop-IOS to install most recent IOS60 with sig hash check
preloader (if you want brick protection)
wad manager 1.4 using IOS249 to install any wad's you want (vc/wiiware games or channels of homebrew apps like loaders and such).
whatever backup loader you want (NeoGamma R6 for disc based loading, USB Loader GX for usb loading)

dow jones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible for a copy of RB2 classic rock track pack and ACDC to play on a WII 4.0 and have the USB instruments actually work. I'm at the end of my rope here and have been racking my brain for it to work. The game loads fine for me but the instruments don't work. I have HBC loaded and the latest cios but am at work and can't give the exact details. I'm just curious if it's possible.

OracleMars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do I access the config menu in gamma loader? My no more heroes isn't working and I'm stuck at a green screen after gamma loader does things. Thanks in advance.

dj_doc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay:
I am trying Hard to get USB loader up and running.

I want to install SDUSB-Loader_cfg37

My Wii is at 3.2U
I am running SoftMii

I also have 4 other loaders installed - THey all work fine.

In order to get USB loader to work, do I have to upgrade to something other than 3.2U?

All i can think is that i May need to take Nint Update to a higher Rev Wii??

Any Help - Would be very appreciated

I did get 249 to take - Still get error when I load USB Loader ( I got 249 Ver 2070 installed)

I am getting unable to mount USB
Error (ret = -6)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: