Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

antispam246

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BlackEnigma said:
I honestly prefer the upgrade route. I'm sure that there's plenty who think that 4.0 is the devil but I don't think so. Maybe you prefer to stay on 3.3.
When you add an IOS you don't have to overwrite because what you are adding isn't already there in the first place. There actually aren't that many IOSes that you have to add (38, 53, and 55)

And in case your curious you can see all the official IOS here http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS_History

Thanks, is there anywhere I can view what games work with what IOS, or that don't work? More specifically what games work with 38, 53 and 55?

wodewii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my wii 3.1U upgraded to 4.0U, now try to install homebrewbomb.

but I mistake using the SD menu (4.x) instead of Data Management, Channels, SD, put in sd card, but wii got freezing, no loading window jumpout.
the homebrewbomb guide said: If so, then you're dumb

is any other way I can install homebrewbomb so far or I have to wait new way to hack?

thanks for help

wertyqa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Firmware: 3.1E
Modchip: Wasabi V1 fw1.4b

Problem:
Some of the backups give blank screen after game start. Even original 'Guiter Hero: Metallica' gives this error. And console freezes.

Question1:
Do I need to update the console to solve this problem?

Q2:
If so. Which firmware version is the safest for me? I only want to play originals and backups. Have not ever tried any homebrew. Or wiiware. Those might be on the list in the future thou.

Q3:
Is bricking possible due to firmware ccompatibility problems? If so - how to prevent it?

Thank you.

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antispam246 said:
BlackEnigma said:
I honestly prefer the upgrade route. I'm sure that there's plenty who think that 4.0 is the devil but I don't think so. Maybe you prefer to stay on 3.3.
When you add an IOS you don't have to overwrite because what you are adding isn't already there in the first place. There actually aren't that many IOSes that you have to add (38, 53, and 55)

And in case your curious you can see all the official IOS here http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS_History

Thanks, is there anywhere I can view what games work with what IOS, or that don't work? More specifically what games work with 38, 53 and 55?

I'm not too sure. I like the just have everything and not worry about anything way of doing stuff.
I'm pretty sure IOS38 came with Animal Crossing so you should be fine without those IOSes for most stuff up until the end of 2008.
I think games like MadWorld and The Conduit are the ones that will have issues.

It's usually the problem with all the threads that you see on forums that say, help I'm on 3.2 and I can't get Punch Out to work.
smile.gif
some games are just so notorious now.

wertyqa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
wertyqa said:
Firmware: 3.1E
Modchip: Wasabi V1 fw1.4b

Problem:
Some of the backups give blank screen after game start. Even original 'Guiter Hero: Metallica' gives this error. And console freezes.

Question1:
Do I need to update the console to solve this problem?

Q2:
If so. Which firmware version is the safest for me? I only want to play originals and backups. Have not ever tried any homebrew. Or wiiware. Those might be on the list in the future thou.

Q3:
Is bricking possible due to firmware ccompatibility problems? If so - how to prevent it?

Thank you.
Ok. After few hours of searching and reading, it seems that I need to install IOS38, 53 and 55. This prevents blank screens and freezing the console.

BUT. Can I get them to work on fw3.1E? If not, what´s the best fw for me with wasabi v1 fw1.4b? Or better yet - does it even matter what modchip and fw I have?

If I update to fw 4.0, does it exclude older backups like Zelda from working (read: twilight hack disabled)?

I know there are a lot of questions but for a guy who does not on a day-to-day basis hack his wii (wow that sounds some what nasty) this can get really confusing.

alimami

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
i have a 3.2j wii and its language is japanese.is it possible to change it language??
i want to just change the language not the region or other things just language.

Lughaidh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am a total n00b to Wii Homebrew. The only thing I have done is use BannerBomb with a tool called The BannerBomb Test App. I have a completely virgin Wii and would like to use the HackMii Installer. The problem is, I only want the Homebrew Channel and DVDx (the DVD player right?) as I do not have a GameCube Controller (or the guts
blush.gif
) to use BootMii (don't care if there is a way to get around the controller issue) so if you could help I would greatly appreciate it.
happy.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Cpt-DS said:
I'd rather stay with the regular gamma for a bit longer, thats why I wanted to know if The Conduit works with gamma (002 fix), and from what I read from some other forums APPARENTLY it does work. I guess I'll just have to sacrifice a DVD and see how it rolls. Thanks anyway.
unsure.gif

It seems like you haven't tryed (or known how to) to used NeoGamma, it is the updated version of Gamma, it is the same thing improved in several ways, you can even have both apps in your SD card, if you know how (if not go read at wiibrew.org)...!!
smile.gif

Lexip; said:
wtf is softmii and why do so many people fuck their wii's up using it?
ARC1.1_mod5 to patch the SysMenu 3.2 (gives the real RegionFree from disc channel and adds all the patches that starfall does)
CIOScorp (all the IOSes used by disc games, patched with DIP7 for backup support)
Preloader
Themes (optional)

I use/used all those apps, and no prob so far, maybe the poeple with problems don't even know how to use the homebrew or something (including reading guides and/or readmes)...!!
smile.gif

antispam246 said:
Almost all the newer games use those IOSes, starting by Animal Crossing (IOS38) Need for Speed Undercover (IOS53) PunchOut!, EA Sport Active, etc etc etc...

QUOTE(wodewii @ Jul 9 2009, 02:39 PM)
my wii 3.1U upgraded to 4.0U, now try to install homebrewbomb.

but I mistake using the SD menu (4.x) instead of Data Management, Channels, SD, put in sd card, but wii got freezing, no loading window jumpout.
the homebrewbomb guide said: If so, then you're dumb

is any other way I can install homebrewbomb so far or I have to wait new way to hack?

thanks for help
What happens if you try to do it again, but this time doing it right..??
huh.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
raiderscrusade said:
I just recently updated to FW4.0 about a week ago, actually. I just haven't had enough time to browse and explore the update.
So will I need that, as I do have FW4.0?
Read the answers, Have you turned ON your Wii since you updated to 4.0..??
huh.gif
can you see an SD icon next to the "Wii Options" in the left lower part of the screen..?
wtf.gif
that is the SD MENU, and if you want to install WW/VC games illegaly and/or custom channels like for an specific homebrew app, YOU NEED TO PATCH THE IOS60, or install the one the guide says, do you understand this..?? is my english so terrible that I'm not able to comunicate my knowledge to other people..??
wtf.gif

wertyqa said:
Ok. After few hours of searching and reading, it seems that I need to install IOS38, 53 and 55. This prevents blank screens and freezing the console.
BUT. Can I get them to work on fw3.1E?

Yes you can just install them and they will work, they are loaded individually and not all at a time

If not, what´s the best fw for me with wasabi v1 fw1.4b? Or better yet - does it even matter what modchip and fw I have?
I would recomend 3.2, and install BootMii and Preloader

If I update to fw 4.0, does it exclude older backups like Zelda from working (read: twilight hack disabled)?
Not at all

I know there are a lot of questions but for a guy who does not on a day-to-day basis hack his wii (wow that sounds some what nasty) this can get really confusing.

alimami said:
i have a 3.2j wii and its language is japanese.is it possible to change it language??
i want to just change the language not the region or other things just language.
ALREADY ANSWERED

QUOTE(Lughaidh @ Jul 10 2009, 12:57 PM)
I am a total n00b to Wii Homebrew. The only thing I have done is use BannerBomb with a tool called The BannerBomb Test App. I have a completely virgin Wii and would like to use the HackMii Installer. The problem is, I only want the Homebrew Channel and DVDx (the DVD player right?) as I do not have a GameCube Controller (or the guts
blush.gif
) to use BootMii (don't care if there is a way to get around the controller issue) so if you could help I would greatly appreciate it.
happy.gif
Well just use the actual bannerbomb hack with the HackMii installer (read a guide about it) and install the Homebrew Channel (HBC), then use DVDx to install the stub that reads DVD's, then download an app called Homebrew Browser (go to wiibrew.org to find it) and use it to download directly to your SD all the apps you want, including MPlayer_CE wich is the DVD player, you don't need the GC controller at all (unless you are planing on playing GC games), to use BootMii you can use also the buttons on your Wii's front panel (are there any others
tongue.gif
) POWER-RESET-EJECT, just read the readme and you'll be fine...!!
smile.gif

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
raiderscrusade said:
I just recently updated to FW4.0 about a week ago, actually. I just haven't had enough time to browse and explore the update.
So will I need that, as I do have FW4.0?
Read the answers, Have you turned ON your Wii since you updated to 4.0..??
huh.gif
can you see an SD icon next to the "Wii Options" in the left lower part of the screen..?
wtf.gif
that is the SD MENU, and if you want to install WW/VC games illegaly and/or custom channels like for an specific homebrew app, YOU NEED TO PATCH THE IOS60, or install the one the guide says, do you understand this..?? is my english so terrible that I'm not able to comunicate my knowledge to other people..??
wtf.gif

Ok thankyou.

I guess I wont be needing that then, thank you for your help.

Lughaidh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
Lughaidh said:
blush.gif
happy.gif
Well just use the actual bannerbomb hack with the HackMii installer (read a guide about it) and install the Homebrew Channel (HBC), then use DVDx to install the stub that reads DVD's, then download an app called Homebrew Browser (go to wiibrew.org to find it) and use it to download directly to your SD all the apps you want, including MPlayer_CE wich is the DVD player, you don't need the GC controller at all (unless you are planing on playing GC games), to use BootMii you can use also the buttons on your Wii's front panel (are there any others
tongue.gif
) POWER-RESET-EJECT, just read the readme and you'll be fine...!!
smile.gif
I'm not intrested in BootMii loader
smile.gif
but ehh.. what is DVDx? I in no way want to run backups so do I need it? Is it used in mPlayer or something?

NVM, got The HomeBrew Channel the homebrew browser and DVDx all on my wii thanks anyway ether!
yaynds.gif

antispam246

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm trying to resolve a backup issue I'm having with Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I'm using the GX 1.0 usb loader and when I start backing up this game it gets to 0.74% then it seems to freeze, i can move the wii cursor around but it doesn't like it's backing up anything more. I noticed it's a dual layer disc as it's 6.80GB in size, is the issue with this? Can it be resolved?

EDIT: May have resolved the issue myself. But I'd still like to know why it happened.

I left it and went to backup my Aerosmith GH disc. I got the same issue, stopped at 28.x% I retried it, it stopped at 5x% then on the 3rd attempt it backed up all the way. So I then retried smash bros and it installed all the way 2nd attempt. Problem solved but issue unknown.

davidcrivoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hey guys

I know this might sound really wierd but anyway here goes: i am living in indonesia but am from australia with an original PAL Wii and have paid someone here to put the backup launcher 0.3 gamma IOS249 and works fine except that a few games that i bought here work and some do not. there is a cant read dvd error please eject and turn wii off, that comes up after i load the games from the launcher and i have tried all the different settings with the same result. For example i have a call of duty world at war game which starts to load and then before the main menu comes up with that error. it is a copied game bought at a shop but from that same shop other games work as well. could it be the game itself or something that i should at to my wii system? also i downloaded this game: [isoHunt] [Wii]Resident_Evil_Archives[PAL][ESPALWii[1].com].rar and burned it and it just loads half way and error so if someone can please help me would be highly appreciated.
PS: I dont have zelda the original disk so if i wanted to install homebrew could i do it with a fake one thanks...

Noltron

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I could do research but I would like to go the faster route. When I'm installing bootmii what should I install?

1) Install bootmii as IOS
2) Install bootmii as boot2
3a) Install both (first install as IOS and than as boot2)
3b) Install both (first install as boot2 and than as IOS)

Edit: Oops sorry for double posting

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram