Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

assassincy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi.

So I've got a 3.1J and i've installed cIOS rev 13 and I still cannot get Punch-Out to work on gamma backup loader with 002 fix.

Does anybody know what else I need to get this game to work?

macro

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a Grand Slam tennis backup but don't know how to put it working. It seems i need ios55. I've been reading and it seems i need wad manager and/or installer to install the ios. Do i need homebrew channel too? How do i burn the backup iso?
btw ive wiikey 1.9

thanks

newfire01

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bought my wii at launch and I am currently at 3.3u. I want to add the homebrew channel and be able to play backups. Should I first update to the newest 4.0 system menu, THEN begin this process using the ULTIMATE SYSTEM MENU 4 GUIDE thread? Or is it easier or safer to do it from 3.3u?

gimmeaipod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I followed the instructions from this tutorial, but I was trying to install Preloader last night and I got the "failed to get root, ios(36) has fakesign bug fixed" error. I thought I would have prepared my Wii for Preloader from that tutorial, but I guess not. From reading around, I think I need to run IOS Downgrader or a patched IOS60?

Alternatively, if I just follow the Softmii 3.0 guide, will it be ok?

Thanks =)

edit: also when I installed bootmii, I chose boot2. Should I also install it in IOS too?

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
I would stay away from Softmii.
It causes only trouble but nothing else.

If you have any doubts, just search through this forum. I can assure you, everything has been asked several times.

royvedas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A few days ago I did the upgrade from 3.2E to 4.0E (Waninkoko-style) and everything seems swell. My discbased games worked great, my backup Wiiware and VC channels worked great and they could be moved to sd card and I thought everything was okey dokey. I then wanted to install some new wads trough Wad manager 1.4. Some games install correctly. Others crash by freezing or by showing some code dump "Dsi error occurred" or something. Can anyone tell me what is wrong. All wads installed correctly when I was on 3.2E.

A solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

CAFlynn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems like as good a place as any to ask what I figure is a n00b question, so here goes:

This morning I used the guide here to install HBC and BootMii on my unmodified Wii running System Update 4.0. *EDIT* I should also mention this is a launch Wii, bought a week after it came out in 2006 - serial # starting with LU30.

HBC seems to be working fine so far, but I'm having a hard time understanding what CIOS and IOS do, and how to use them in conjunction with installing .wad files.

I've got WAD Manager 1.4 and some .wad files, but nothing seems to install. I know it probably has to do with having a specific IOS (CIOS?) running on my Wii, but I can't seem to verify what exactly I need to install and how to install it. I'm not using a USB HDD - just storing the .wad files on a 4GB SDHC card.

I seem to get conflicting reports about everything relating to IOS and CIOS as well as installing .wad files.

Some say I need to downgrade - If I need to, how do I accomplish that?

Some say I don't need to, just install a certain IOS or a CIOS - How do I know which to install?

Everything seemed easy up to this point, but there's so much conflicting information out there, it's hard to tell what I should do next.

Any ideas, or information would be greatly appreciated at this point. I can provide any information should more information be needed in order to get to the next step here.

Thanks everyone!

quino711

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
m having the same problem as the topic " softmod error" ... everything started with the preloader thing.. after i installed it, it gave the sad message " corrupted flies..."

the thing is that after that happened, i rebooted my wii and it had the preloader again, and i changed one of its settings (stead of autoboot i selected the wii menu ) and after that everything was screwed up again..

i rebooted one more time and instead of having the preloader at the beginnnig , i have the wad manager 1.4 and i cant do anything after ...

any ideas ¡?!

please it will mean a lot

royvedas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
royvedas said:
A few days ago I did the upgrade from 3.2E to 4.0E (Waninkoko-style) and everything seems swell. My discbased games worked great, my backup Wiiware and VC channels worked great and they could be moved to sd card and I thought everything was okey dokey. I then wanted to install some new wads trough Wad manager 1.4. Some games install correctly. Others crash by freezing or by showing some code dump "Dsi error occurred" or something. Can anyone tell me what is wrong. All wads installed correctly when I was on 3.2E.

A solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I somehow found out that if I use IOS35 for wad installs everthing turns out juuuuust fiine. Back in the 3.2E days more IOSes worked. Oh well problem solved = I'm happy.

Furter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My Friend has a wii on 3.1E at the mo and have been reading about hacking version 4.0E and it sounds a lot easier then using twlight hack.

My question is can i just use the official nintendo updater on wii to go to 4.0E(is this the latest one that you get from nintendo???) or is it higher now

Thanks in advance

Furter

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Furter said:
My Friend has a wii on 3.1E at the mo and have been reading about hacking version 4.0E and it sounds a lot easier then using twlight hack.

My question is can i just use the official nintendo updater on wii to go to 4.0E(is this the latest one that you get from nintendo???) or is it higher now

Thanks in advance

Furter
4.0 block the twilight hack so we need bannerbomb. Bannerbomb can be used on 3.1 as well so no need to update first
smile.gif

If you really want it you can use the official update though

honeypa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently updated to firmware 4.0U using waninkoko's firmware updater from 3.2U and followed the steps from SoftMii's new package 3.0 and my Wii's serial number is an LU32(older version). I'm currently running system menu IOS 30 by using preloader and everything went fine so far. The problem is that when I headed to the Wii Options > Data Management > Save Data > Wii > SD(on the tabs) the Wii crashes on me. Although I can't load save data from my SD card, I am able to load channels in my SD card(not through system menu, but in Wii options). I've tried a clean SD card with no files in it and it still crashes after I attempted to load save data from it. And of course if there isn't any SD card inserted, then it wouldn't crash and it would simply state that there is no SD card inserted. Furthermore, my Wii also crashes/freezes when I attempt to return to my system menu or attempt to visit a different area in Wii Options after visiting Wii Options > Data Management > Save Data > Wii.

Hopefully someone will help me >.<

P.S. I didn't use bannerbomb to install/run the homebrew channel, instead I used twlight hack.

EDIT: I also noticed that in my save data for my Wii internal memory, the first slot(top left) is always empty even after I create a new save file.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick question(s):

What is SoftMii?

How can I install it (point me to a guide please) for 4.0U, Wii Key 2, HBC (already installed/have)?

reon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, is there an app or something that shows exactly what custom IOS I have installed. It's been a while and I'm trying to get USB loader 1.5 started (no more burning YAY!). I noticed in the guide here that you need to install "Custom IOS38 rev13b (249)", so if I have other IOS installed will that be a problem? I think the only CIOS I've ever knowingly installed was the one you need for DVDx, or maybe not it's been a while since I've done any modding on my wii.

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i guess not...