Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Kuebel33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Hi!

I have wii system menu 4.0 I already had the homebrew channel isntalled with the twilight hack previously, but accidentally removed it.

I used the bannerbomb exploit to install it again.

I am having problems installing wads now though (wad manager 4). I get 1035 and 2011 errors anytime I try to install one. Is this because I have wii system menu 4.0 or can I still install wads on 4.0?

Can someone list everything that nees to be installed (i.e. homebrew channel, wad manager, maybe CIOS or something or CM ware?)

Also, can someone direct me to a solid link for gettign wad manager and wads to work on 4.0 if there is one? or let me knwo if I have to go back to 3.2 or something.

I can't seem to get it working
frown.gif

Rekis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So. I've got a Wii that still has 2.2e on it. I installed the HBC via Twilight Princess hack.
Now what?
What I'd like to do is install the USB loader, backup loader, wiigator, geckoos.
Do I have to install all this before I even think about getting 4.0e?
But for the love of Aztec-Raptor Jesus can somebody tell me, in an easy to understand way, how to accomplish that?
And is there a way to get the 4.0e firmware running because I'd like to use the Shop Channel?
I thank everybody who has the patience to expain that to me, thank you from the depths of my heart
smile.gif

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To Ether2802 and FenrirWolf

Thank you both for all the help you've given me.

I've installed the IOS's and rev13b (I did read a thing or two about some errors it might give, but nothing on the stuff I'd use)
I got rid of the #002 error now and still able to use freeloader, so almost everything I wanted works now.

Now for my 2 final questions (for now that is
tongue.gif
):

1. For Rock Band 2 I actually prefer to get my shop to USA region and since I never updated since 3.1 and still have the old shopping channel, this should be possible. Could anyone explain me how to do this exactly and how high would the risk be of bricking my wii?

2. I Have GeckoOS on my SD Card now, but I'm unable to find out how to give it it's own channel. Is this possible and if so, how?

Thanks!

BengalsRZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had the homebrew channel on my Wii for quite a while now. Now I want to remove it (because I'm sending my Wii in to Nintendo for repair) but it isn't showing up in my data management screen. It is, however, still showing up on the Wii Menu. How can I remove this (without leaving traces)?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
BengalsRZ said:
I have had the homebrew channel on my Wii for quite a while now. Now I want to remove it (because I'm sending my Wii in to Nintendo for repair) but it isn't showing up in my data management screen. It is, however, still showing up on the Wii Menu. How can I remove this (without leaving traces)?
Try the any title deleter
the code for HBC is 'HAXX'

BengalsRZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I have a few more questions/statements

1.) I know absolutely nothing about hacking, how it works, or any of that. I got the homebrew channel by following an in-depth twilight hack tutorial.

2.) I think it's possible that my Wii is semi-bricked; the wii occasionally freezes when i load up a channel (nintendo channel and internet channel in particular) and my wii is having trouble reading discs. It's because of those problems that I was going to send my wii to nintendo in the first place, but if it's due to hacking I suppose thats a bad idea. If those problems DID come from hacking, is there any way to solve them? Or would it be better to simply remove all traces of hacking from my wii and then send it to nintendo?

3.) Because of what I said in #1, I have no clue what you mean by any of the stuff you mentioned above. Could you please link me to an in-depth tutorial on how to use this "any title deleter" and how/where to input the "HAXX" code.

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rekis said:
So. I've got a Wii that still has 2.2e on it. I installed the HBC via Twilight Princess hack.
Now what?
What I'd like to do is install the USB loader, backup loader, wiigator, geckoos.
But for the love of Aztec-Raptor Jesus can somebody tell me, in an easy to understand way, how to accomplish that?
And is there a way to get the 4.0e firmware running because I'd like to use the Shop Channel?
I thank everybody who has the patience to expain that to me, thank you from the depths of my heart
smile.gif

Heya, if you read the page before this one (201) and search for my questions and Ether2802 answers, you'll have most of your questions answered
smile.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
BengalsRZ said:
Thanks. I have a few more questions/statements

1.) I know absolutely nothing about hacking, how it works, or any of that. I got the homebrew channel by following an in-depth twilight hack tutorial.
In the beginning, we all knew nothing
wink.gif

2.) I think it's possible that my Wii is semi-bricked; the wii occasionally freezes when i load up a channel (nintendo channel and internet channel in particular) and my wii is having trouble reading discs. It's because of those problems that I was going to send my wii to nintendo in the first place, but if it's due to hacking I suppose thats a bad idea. If those problems DID come from hacking, is there any way to solve them? Or would it be better to simply remove all traces of hacking from my wii and then send it to nintendo?
Its no semi brick, but there is a chance its due the hacking. Although I wouldn't know why...

3.) Because of what I said in #1, I have no clue what you mean by any of the stuff you mentioned above. Could you please link me to an in-depth tutorial on how to use this "any title deleter" and how/where to input the "HAXX" code.
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/AnyTitle_Deleter/ hope you fine enough info there

nintendough

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, is there anyway to get rid of the "System Update" sign and load AC:CF directly from the disc channel? I can load it just fine from HBC a d have the code to download the WiiSpeak channel so I dunno why the update option remains. Disc is new (not burned/ISO).

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
BengalsRZ said:
thanks a ton, i downloaded the anytitle deleter. should i save it to the root of my SD card and then start my homebrew channel?
place it in SD:/apps/anytitledeleter/(boot.dol here) like other apps, then run with HBC

QUOTE(nintendough @ Jun 4 2009, 10:44 PM) Hey guys, is there anyway to get rid of the "System Update" sign and load AC:CF directly from the disc channel? I can load it just fine from HBC a d have the code to download the WiiSpeak channel so I dunno why the update option remains. Disc is new (not burned/ISO).
use preloader to block the update (only for 3.2 and 4.0)

BengalsRZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, last question, thanks for the help so far.

I can't seem to find the Code for the Homebrew channel. I see one for basically everything BUT the homebrew channel.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
BengalsRZ said:
Ok, last question, thanks for the help so far.

I can't seem to find the Code for the Homebrew channel. I see one for basically everything BUT the homebrew channel.
Did you check everything?
Maybe try the ATD MOD (same page, at the bottom)
If you can't find it (I mean HBC) someone has to find another method...

Downloaderz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am planning to buy a new Wii soon in the UK, and I just want to make sure if the steps that I will be using to hack it is correct.

1) Set up bannerbomb along with IOS35-64-v1040.wad
2) Install HackMii
3) Install cIOS rev9
After that, I will be able to install backup loaders
4) Install USB Loader GX
5) Install Gamecube Loader v0.2

Are they correct? Also, should I install preloader to prevent bricks? Will this setting allow me to play all wii/gamecube games, no matter what their regions are? Also if there are any incompatible games, will a modchip help me (especially on the GC games)

If my system is a LU65, then do I just follow the steps below after installing HackMii?
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158171&hl=cboot2
After that I just install the USB Loader GX and Gamecube Loader v0.2?

Will this card work for gamecube saves?
link
or should I get an official 64mb card? How big exactly is that i.e. approx how many game saves.

Thanks a lot =)

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
HexaUK said:
Hey all, quick question for you.
I'm trying to install a VC wad on 4.0 (updated from whatever the highest version of 3.x was to 4.0 using waninkoko's updater).
I'm using wadmanager 1.4 and the wad installs ok but it only shows up in my Wii saves and not as anything that I can launch...
I'm trying to install FF VI and I'm guessing this is going to involve some kind of downgrade... I already have preloader, bootmii (w/ nand backup) if needed.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

That game has some issue if you install it thru wad manager, I know this cause I saw many threads about this game on the Wii Hacking section, better to buy it or check the thread if some fix is needed..!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
Thanks a bunch! However, wont I need something to play games from other regions? What about brickblocking the games/stopping update? I read something about starfall. Do I need this too?

brickblock them or not, whatever you want, just up/downgrade to 3.2 or 4.0 and install preloader, enable the "Skip Disc Updates" hack and forget about it, the region free hacks don't work very good, better to use a launcher, or do the SoftMii package when FW 3.2 was used, that is what I have

QUOTE said:
I got a virgin Wii 4.0E. I did install the Homebrew Channel with bannerbomb. How do I get it to be able to do wad installations and backup loading from here on? I think virgin 4.0E cannot install wads without cIOS or something like that.

Yes you need a cIOS installed, but you can't just install it, you need to do some fix with the DVDx installer to be able to install the cIOS, search for the solutions on the threads

wow, thank you so much for alllll those answers....
you guys are great

I did, but as you can see I answer a lot of Q's at one time, and some answer are hidden with another ones
laugh.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Linh said:
Hmm, yeah i knew it...I used WiiScrubber, but the only thing which confuses me is that there isn´t anything such as Trucha Sign in. But the program allows me to change the files such as the Trucha Signer. But do i have to do the same as in Trucha Signer like replacing the main.dol and just Save it? It confuses me a little bit...

WiiScrubber signs it at the time it makes the replace, you don't need to save or sign anything, just replace the files you want to replace and close the program..!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
Ok, so if you try to play Wii games from a different region, you run into issues like avoiding updates and forcing video modes.
What are the dangers of running VC and WiiWare games from a different region? Will they try to update anything?

VC/WW games don't update at all, you may need to install the IOS the game require, or the game doesn't have the video output of your region, that's all the issues you can have with VC/WW...!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
Hiya, I followed the instructions you gave me and I installed IOS 38-53-55. I want to play my sims party but it's still telling me to update....=S

If you are at 3.2, install preloader or starfall and enable the hack "Skip Disc Updates", that will do the job..!!
smile.gif

USB Loader? =\ what's that?
There's so many apps with hacking, I should have started earlier, so I could have followed this whole thing lol >.<
Let's just cut to the chase. I use a copied version of Rock Band on a Wiikey-Wii and want to use the instruments without any extra hassle. Is this possible with 13b, yes or no?
And thank you for all your help

If you have a WiiKey, then why da' F*** do you want to install a cIOS to run your games..???
wtf.gif
if you don't know what the USB Loader is, and I told you that the only people who need the cIOS_r13b is the people that use the USB Loader and want to play RB with the USB instruments, then why are you still asking about cIOSes..??
wtf.gif
just play the game and forget about cIOS, if you want to install one, install cIOS_r10 or do w/e you want, you don't need it unless you are planing on going to 3.4 or 4.0

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
TudorBlue said:
I have just installed homebrew via bannerbomb and have also installed cIOSCORP aswell as downgrader, preloader etc. What can I do to protect my wii even more from being bricked. I am on 3.2E. How can I upgrade to 4.0 without my wii getting bricked?? Any other decent wads, apps you can recommend then fire away. Thanks

Well if your Wii is compatible, install bootmii as boot2, then do a backup of your NAND, and then you can install any shit without worry of bricking, use Waninkoko's 4.0 updater to go "safely" to 4.0

QUOTE said:
Hi!

I have wii system menu 4.0 I already had the homebrew channel isntalled with the twilight hack previously, but accidentally removed it.
I used the bannerbomb exploit to install it again.
I am having problems installing wads now though (wad manager 4). I get 1035 and 2011 errors anytime I try to install one. Is this because I have wii system menu 4.0 or can I still install wads on 4.0?
Can someone list everything that nees to be installed (i.e. homebrew channel, wad manager, maybe CIOS or something or CM ware?)
Also, can someone direct me to a solid link for gettign wad manager and wads to work on 4.0 if there is one? or let me knwo if I have to go back to 3.2 or something.
I can't seem to get it working

Well the thing is that I don't know where the thread with the fix is, but you need a cIOS installed to Downgrade or install .wad files, and yes you can't install .wads cause you are on 4.0, look around and search, use the search button to find the thread where the fix is, sorry..!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
Now what?

Well the apps you mention there, don't need explanation to be installed, just put the boot.dol in their respactive folder, and inside the "apps" folder of your SD, Eg.

SD:/apps/geckOS/boot.dol

for USB loader and Gamma Loader you need a cIOS, the r_10 is the best so far, you really need to read, not because I want to send you away from this thread, but you really need to learn how this stuff works, install bootmii and do a NAND backup, so you don't be afraid of bricking your Wii, you don't have to be on 4.0 to have the WiiShop working...!!
smile.gif

1. For Rock Band 2 I actually prefer to get my shop to USA region and since I never updated since 3.1 and still have the old shopping channel, this should be possible. Could anyone explain me how to do this exactly and how high would the risk be of bricking my wii?

2. I Have GeckoOS on my SD Card now, but I'm unable to find out how to give it it's own channel. Is this possible and if so, how?

Thanks!

1.Use WiiSCUv2 to install the latest WiiShop, no brick risk using this (well just as much as using any other homebrew software)
2.You need to repack it as a channel .wad to be able to making of it a channel, better to just search at wadder.net for the GeckOS channel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer