Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Godinster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
USB Loader is being a real cunt. All of the versions, too. I'm running a Seagate 320 GB that supposedly works according to the compatibility list so long as I plug it in after HBC is loaded. I've tried Ultimate, I've tried the 1.5 standard one and a handful of others and none seem to work.

I've done all the little tricks like replugging it in when it does the timer countdown from 30 seconds to reformatting it to NTSC or exFAT then forcing it to WBFS through command line [the program wouldn't do it for me]. After forcing it to format to WBFS, I managed to load and "transfer" some files over through the WBFS manager and it looks fine, but as soon as I load USB Loader from HBC it says partition not found or some such, even though it is partitioned. When I attempt to let it partition it for me, it gives me the -6 error people mentioned earlier except most of them figured out how to fix it - for some reason I'm stuck.

Any ideas? For whatever it's worth I'm running the latest Wii update, I have HBC installed and everything else like WAD installer works fine. I did the cIOS rev10 update prior to this too.

SublimeAndEtc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting an error using Waninkoko's cIOS36_rev9 installer on a 4.0U system. I recently installed BootMii using boot2 and the HBC and they work fine. The installer runs smoothly until the very end...

Installing Custom IOS, please wait...
>> Intalling ticket... ERROR! (ret = -2011)

I'm about to go find rev10 and give that a try, but I don't think that will change anything.

Can anyone out there give me some advice?

SublimeAndEtc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SublimeAndEtc said:
I'm getting an error using Waninkoko's cIOS36_rev9 installer on a 4.0U system. I recently installed BootMii using boot2 and the HBC and they work fine. The installer runs smoothly until the very end...

Installing Custom IOS, please wait...
>> Intalling ticket... ERROR! (ret = -2011)

I'm about to go find rev10 and give that a try, but I don't think that will change anything.

Can anyone out there give me some advice?

I figured out what to do for my error without downgrading to an older system version, which many places deemed impossible. I'll post the method here for anyone else who runs into the problem I had.

I followed the first 7 steps of this guide to the tee:
http://www.wiihacks.com/general-homebrew-h...-4-no-cios.html

After that, I was able to install cIOS36_rev9, and in turn my wad manager, gamma loader, emulator channel, etc. It seems like everything is working perfectly now. Updating to rev10 should be fine, but I'm reading that it does have it's fair share of problems, particularly with USB loaders, so I guess doing that would be a personal decision.

I hope this helps someone out. Enjoy
smile.gif

ssjkakaroto

Trophies
XP
Country
ju421019 said:
Noob Question - I just got a Wii yesterday - haven't opened it yet. Well I use to have a Wii with a modchip which I had sold a while back, so am new to the Soft Mod, but excited.

1. From what I understand regardless on what I place on the Wii - I need to have the Wiibrew Twilight Hack installed first, right?

2. After that has anyone used the following site:

http://wii.brewology.com/index.php?page=ge...te&packId=2

It looks beneficial.

3. My main purpose is to play backups and secondary is emulators, want to know about the safest, stable, most efficient way to the Soft Mod. I read somewhere about USB loader, how is that working, is it stable?

Thanks!
I think the minimum you need (which is what I use and consider to be safe) is:
-Twilight Hack
-IOS 16
-IOS 249 (cIOS36rev10)

With that you'll be able to play backups using either Backup Laucher 0.3 gamma and/or USB Launcher and play emulators.
If you're able to install Bootmii, backup your NAND so you can mess around without worrying about bricking your Wii.

Vegeta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just got my Wii today
biggrin.gif

Should I downgrade or upgrade my firmware from 3.3E? If I should upgrade, what is the safest method?

What is the best way to backup the NAND? Do I need to backup my firmware? If so, which program?

I want to prevent any chance of bricking my Wii. Do I need to do any of this cIOS stuff with my Wii?

Sorry for all the n00b questions, only had my Wii for a day

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Vegeta said:
Just got my Wii today
biggrin.gif

Should I downgrade or upgrade my firmware from 3.3E? If I should upgrade, what is the safest method?

What is the best way to backup the NAND? Do I need to backup my firmware? If so, which program?

I want to prevent any chance of bricking my Wii. Do I need to do any of this cIOS stuff with my Wii?

Sorry for all the n00b questions, only had my Wii for a day

Install the latest cIOS249_r10 (cIOS36_r10 is the same), use Firmware Downgrader to set 3.2 and IOS Downgrader to downgrade (almost) all of your IOS to a hackeable state, the ONLY and best way to backup your NAND in a way that you actually can use it back, is if you install BootMii, but if you just bought your Wii yesterday, there is a chance that your Wii isn't bootmii capable, but no worries, you don't really need it, unless you mess around and start to delete more thing that normal (Eg. deleting IOS)

QUOTECan you have more than one USB Loader?

I actually have two, the configurable by Oggzee and the Coverflow by Beardface n' Co.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
zalman said:
Satangel said:
zalman said:
If I am on System Menu 4.0 is there any way to remove channels that I have installed? WAD Manager apparently doesn't work.

Can I just delete them using the regular Wii Data Management screen?

Yep
By "Yep" you are sure I can just delete them with the Wii Data Management, no need to use a special tool or WAD Manager or remover? Is there any downside to this or any remnants left?

You can also use AnyTitleDeleter, but you would need to downgrade to 3.2 in order to get it working, the Wii Data Manegement will let tinny little files on your NAND called tickets, wich, if you let too many of them, you might get 1 or 2 blocks less..!!
smile.gif

MasterHand300

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Ledzeppelinarock said:
I appreciate the information. I have a few more questions.

If I upgrade to 4.0, will all of my WADs, homebrew, etc. be deleted? And, will I have to install more ios files for everything to work?

not if you use the 4.0 upgrader guide

Ledzeppelinarock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Godinster said:
USB Loader is being a real cunt. All of the versions, too. I'm running a Seagate 320 GB that supposedly works according to the compatibility list so long as I plug it in after HBC is loaded. I've tried Ultimate, I've tried the 1.5 standard one and a handful of others and none seem to work.

I've done all the little tricks like replugging it in when it does the timer countdown from 30 seconds to reformatting it to NTSC or exFAT then forcing it to WBFS through command line [the program wouldn't do it for me]. After forcing it to format to WBFS, I managed to load and "transfer" some files over through the WBFS manager and it looks fine, but as soon as I load USB Loader from HBC it says partition not found or some such, even though it is partitioned. When I attempt to let it partition it for me, it gives me the -6 error people mentioned earlier except most of them figured out how to fix it - for some reason I'm stuck.

Any ideas? For whatever it's worth I'm running the latest Wii update, I have HBC installed and everything else like WAD installer works fine. I did the cIOS rev10 update prior to this too.

I had trouble with USB Loader too. I'm using an older Seagate 320 gig, and it doesn't need those tricks to work, but it wouldn't work with USB Loader, but Ultimate USB Loader v.7 has played all of the .iso's I've put on it.

Donmoonie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys on on a PAL 3.2E wii with wiikey v1 and 1.9s firmware. I just burned Punch-Out after patching it with wii brickblocker. My wii notices the game as punch out but when i go to play it it just stays on a black screen. Is there anything else I need to do?

glukriek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello Guys,

I have a few questions... Right now I am on a 3.2U Wiikey Wii with HBC and starfall installed.
I would to install BootMii and also some USB loader and while I am at it upgrade to 4.0.

From what I red, I have to:
1 - Install BootMii and backup my NAND
2 - Uninstall StarFall ( How? Is AnyTitleDeleter' going to work?)
3 - Update to 4.0 using one of the guide
4 - Install Preloader (just to be safe)
5 - Install cIOS rev 9 (seems that the 10 has some issues)
6 - Install one USB loader

I am missing something? Should I do it in another order?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Edit: Donmoonie, I think you need to install some IOS for it to work... Don't remember the exact number but you should find that easily)

ssjkakaroto

Trophies
XP
Country
ju421019 said:
Can you point me the guides which will best help me accomplish those three tasks? Thanks!
Try to find the Softmii 2.1.1 package for steps 1 and 2.
For IOS 249 just get it from Waninkoko's page (http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blog/waninkoko/custom-ios36-rev-10) and run it with Homebrew Channel.

pitweasel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right, ridiculously stupid question that's probably be answered a million times, but....

How the hell do I install Cios36 rev10? The extent of the readme that came with it was this: "- Run the installer and select "Network Installation"."

I figured that meant put the folder with the .dol file into the apps folder on my SD card, but when I put that in and launch the homebrew channel, the installer doesn't show up anywhere. Can someone please point out the obvious thing(s) that I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
pitweasel said:
All right, ridiculously stupid question that's probably be answered a million times, but....

How the hell do I install Cios36 rev10? The extent of the readme that came with it was this: "- Run the installer and select "Network Installation"."

I figured that meant put the folder with the .dol file into the apps folder on my SD card, but when I put that in and launch the homebrew channel, the installer doesn't show up anywhere. Can someone please point out the obvious thing(s) that I'm doing wrong? Thanks!
Make a new folder called "cIOSrev10" in the apps directory on your sd card. Put the installer dol in this folder and rename it "boot.dol". Run it and follow the instructions.

Posts merged

QUOTE(e2razor @ May 23 2009, 12:18 PM) Is it possible to use sd card as memory card in Gamecube Backuplauncher channel?
NO!!!!! Use the search button next time.

pitweasel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
david432111 said:
pitweasel said:

Make a new folder called "cIOSrev10" in the apps directory on your sd card. Put the installer dol in this folder and rename it "boot.dol". Run it and follow the instructions.

Worked flawlessly. Thank you!

philipcooper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi all

I have not burnt a Iso in about 12 months so obviously alot of things have happened I am guessing with the Wii. Yesterday I burnt a game at 4 x with Imgburn and tried to load it in my Wii console but it failed. I then updated my Wii just in case this was the problem but still no avail. Before I try burning more Iso to see if works is there anything different you have to do now t o get Iso to work.
Any help much appreciated.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
philipcooper said:
Hi all

I have not burnt a Iso in about 12 months so obviously alot of things have happened I am guessing with the Wii. Yesterday I burnt a game at 4 x with Imgburn and tried to load it in my Wii console but it failed. I then updated my Wii just in case this was the problem but still no avail. Before I try burning more Iso to see if works is there anything different you have to do now t o get Iso to work.
Any help much appreciated.
Maybe it helps if you tell us what game it is
also check this

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?