Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

kof91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
ddp127 said:
just make sure you change the chip region first, and then the console region...

edit: i just read that you dont know what chip you have, you can try opening your wii, but if you dont want or you cant, can you ask the shop, just give them the serial number from your wii, and they can probably tell...

looks like I will have to open up the wii bcoz the shop I buy from do not know which modchip is used because their units comes pre-modded from a bigger supplier..

thesaint08

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi,

Can anyone help.
I used the "Twighlight Hack" to my Wii a few months ago. I was on 3.4, and tt is working fine.

I did a system update just now so that I got 4.0 on my console, and I expected the Gamma Channel and Homebrew channel not to be there. The Gamma channel still works with my back up discs. Do I need to do anything else, or do I have the same functionality as before?

I want to do the system update on my friends console as well, but he is on 3.2. Do I follow the same procedure?

I used the bannerbomb method to do a console yesterday that was on 4.0 without previously having the channels on, so I was updating mine, and was going to use this method to get the channels back again, but it seems like I don't need to.

Sorry if I am not making much sense, but I hope you get the idea of what I mean.

Maverick69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,

can someone tell me if I have to install cios rev 8 and 9 if I have already installed rev 10?
I have installed rev 10 and my usb hard disk is not recognized by the Wii.
Do I have to install something else or not?

I have a 3.2E Wii + wiikey + starfall + bootmii + HBC 1.02 + different USB Loaders on my SD card.

ddp127

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
thesaint08 said:
Hi,

Can anyone help.
I used the "Twighlight Hack" to my Wii a few months ago. I was on 3.4, and tt is working fine.

I did a system update just now so that I got 4.0 on my console, and I expected the Gamma Channel and Homebrew channel not to be there. The Gamma channel still works with my back up discs. Do I need to do anything else, or do I have the same functionality as before?

I want to do the system update on my friends console as well, but he is on 3.2. Do I follow the same procedure?

I used the bannerbomb method to do a console yesterday that was on 4.0 without previously having the channels on, so I was updating mine, and was going to use this method to get the channels back again, but it seems like I don't need to.

Sorry if I am not making much sense, but I hope you get the idea of what I mean.

there are a couple of guides for updating to 4.0, if you use one of those, you will keep the same functionality as with >3.4

QUOTE(Maverick69 @ May 16 2009, 06:17 PM) Hi,

can someone tell me if I have to install cios rev 8 and 9 if I have already installed rev 10?

I have a 3.2E Wii + wiikey + starfall + bootmii + HBC 1.02 + different USB Loaders on my SD card.

if you already have rev10, you dont need to install rev8 or 9, cause that would overwrite rev10
tongue.gif

take a look at the wiki page, is you hdd supported?
if not, there are a couple of tricks on that page to, and if it still doesn't work, you will have to wait for a update...

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
the black knight said:
is there an way to get hc on sm 4.0?

I assume you mean hbc (HomeBrew Channel) ?
And the answer to that would be: use the hackmii installer (http://www.bootmii.org/) and run that through bannerbomb (http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/)

TheOtherMii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have Bootmii installed, and I've backed up my system to a dedicated SD card. So really my only question is this....
Can I now totally mess with my system and no matter what happens, I can restore to the exact state it was in when I backed it up?

I don't have preloader installed right now. I'm going to do it to get the advantage of some of the hacks. So if I just restore from my SD card, this will wipe preloader out and put me back where I was? Same thing for channels, IOS's, cIOS's, custom system menu's? Can I try out CIOSCORP and if I don't like it, just revert to my old system?

If so this is great. Let's us try out some of the more risky things, without it being permanent, or involving a PITA uninstall process.

Maverick69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Maverick69 said:
Hi,

I have tested and the answer is:
Yes.
It seems weird but without installing 8 and 9 the HD was not recognized. Now it works with every USB Loader.

Maverick69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmmm, I realize that I have a problem with the network now.

I get the message "Exception(DSI) occurred!" when I try to download a cover.
What is possible to do?

Edit:

The problem comes from the USB Ethernet adaptor. It will be fixed in Cios Rev 11.
found that with Google:

QUOTE said:
Ok now i know the reason for that. As you said you are using an USB Device. Right now
you cant use USB Devices like Keyboards/Mouse/Ethernet with the newest cIOS Rev10.
This is a know Issue and Waninkoko already announced that he is going to fix that in
his Rev11. So we cant do anything about it. Just be patient for Waninkoko to release it.

Madatsubomi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well.. I haven't been following for some time and was wondering.

Skimming about, are we able to upgrade our firmware without disrupting Homebrew Channel and the backup loader programs?

csin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
hey, guys..

i hav some noob question

i have a softmod wii 3.2U, i wish to install IOS 55..

but i afraid i wil brick my wii...

anyone here can enlighten me...

btw, what is IOS?? i found out that my wii hav IOS35 to 45, then skip to 249, juz wonder
unsure.gif

thx!!

TheOtherMii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Madatsubomi: yes but not through nintendo... use wani's updater

csin: why do you want to install ios 55? to play a certain game? ios are sets of instructions. Various programs and games use them. And many hackers make custom ios (cIOS) that enable you to do special things. Normal IOS range from the single digits up to 60 but there is not one for each number.. they skip a lot, and some of the ios you have installed (249) are actually cIOS

knuj_on

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
** EDIT 17 May 2009 **

Post deleted and re-added in "Wii - Backup Loaders" section.

Good job on re-organising the forumns buy the way
smile.gif

thesaint08

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ddp127 said:
thesaint08 said:
Hi,

Can anyone help.

there are a couple of guides for updating to 4.0, if you use one of those, you will keep the same functionality as with >3.4

Thanks for the reply, but what functionality have I lost, and what guide would you advise to use?

Could I just use the bannerbomb method, as I used that on another console as explained, and I am reasonably sure I can do it again on my console. I find the other guides I read very noob unfriendly.

liteon11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
hi, I have a problem, after CIOS update my usb loader doesn't work(he loads but the games doesn't loads).
I downloaded the cIOS36_rev10-Installer.zip and made a network instalation, the whole instalation was made without any problems, then I checked in HBC v1.0.1 what a version of ios i now have and it show that it's IOS35 v4.16.
can someone help?

kof91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
ddp127 said:
just make sure you change the chip region first, and then the console region...

edit: i just read that you dont know what chip you have, you can try opening your wii, but if you dont want or you cant, can you ask the shop, just give them the serial number from your wii, and they can probably tell...

thanks again ddp127..

unfortunately the shop that I buy from wont know which modchip.. all their unit comes pre-modded by their supplier
frown.gif

Just a thought. Since my wii is already modded to 3.1U form a jap wii. can I upgrade directly from 3.1U to 3.2U without using region changer and messing with modchip region? assuming that current modchip/wii region should be set to ntsc-U for my wii to be able to run 3.1U right?

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is Ultimate USB Loader 7.4 better than the official USB Loader 1.5 and is it the best out of them all? Or is USB Loader by Brisma the best?

EddyWally

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Can my wii brick if I install WAD's from trusted sites like this one?
I mean, if it works with other people, is there a chance to brick my wii?
I don't want to brick my wii, but I like the SNES channel.

Thank You!

Eddy Wallyfish

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 3.1U Wii with Homebrew channel installed. I can only install/play DLC games because I do not have a modchip.

Some games will install but they will not play. Other games install and they play just fine. So to troubleshoot I should:
1) Upgrade to 3.2U (will that help)?
2) Install Starfall (will that help)?

Random Newb Question:
What does term XXX mean? What does program XXX do and why should I install it on my Wii?
My specific questions are:
What is IOS16? What is IOS? What is cIOS?

EDIT: Found answer to my own question.
THE PROBLEM IS CAUSED BY THE FACT THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE IOS37.
Will someone please add this information to a troubleshooting guide somewhere? I found the info in this thread (in the troubleshooting section)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol