jdwo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ether2802 said:
jdwo said:
I know this is a super noob question, but how do I install wads of different types? I got some old games I d/l'ed as part of a pack with a bunch of game wads. (Original Zelda N#S.) Can I just use wad manager to install these, or is there another safe process to use?

Also, when I install them, do they then come up on the wii menu as channels, or how do I go about playing them? I just thought I'd ask to make sure that wad games are common, and not just some internet crap I d/l'ed. Thank you for any advice ahead of time.
smile.gif

Use Wad Manager 1.3 to install this files, they will install as channels in your main menu, make sure they are region free or your same region and you have a back door to fix the Wii if they are corrupted and brick your console, preloader is the most recomendable..!!
smile.gif

I have the twilight hack done, and starfall installed. Is that sufficient enough for a back door, or should I add preloader also? Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated!

steam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh..can i create Mii's?...channel that comes with the wii? wanna make sure no probs with using Miis in games..thanks.

i have 3.4u, hbc 1.01, bl gamma002fix.

iResilient

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JJBro1 said:
what does waninkoko's cIOS36 rev 8 do? What do i need it for?
I think the main addition is that it allows double layer discs (e.g. Brawl) to be played as backups.
Loading times for backups may be smoother as well. (Unsure about this)

richy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this has been answered before but I've look all over and can't find the answer, just solutions to the problem:

What does ERROR #001 and ERROR #002 actually mean?

Does it mean IOS files are missing, the disc has some sort of extra copy protection or....? The gamma loader with 002 fix solves the problem but I'm just curious what the actual "problem" is. Cheers
smile.gif

WizardOfOdd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

Not so much a noob here, just a little out of date. I'm currently using the 0.3 Gamma channel to play Wii Backups on my soft modded 3.2E Wii. I have seen some talk about now being able to play Gamecube backups? Is this possible now? And also is there a newer version of the backup channel or am I up to date? I saw something about a 002 fix? Is there a channel for this too or is it only available through the HMC?

Thanks!

richy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WizardOfOdd said:
Hi guys,

Not so much a noob here, just a little out of date. I'm currently using the 0.3 Gamma channel to play Wii Backups on my soft modded 3.2E Wii. I have seen some talk about now being able to play Gamecube backups? Is this possible now? And also is there a newer version of the backup channel or am I up to date? I saw something about a 002 fix? Is there a channel for this too or is it only available through the HMC?

Thanks!

OK, I can answer these (I think!)

GameCube Backup Launcher 0.1 Xi for Wii by WiiGator is what you want
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4928

And, there is a newer 0.3 gamma +002 fix that you can grab as a .dol file or a channel (there are several on here) OR you can install the newer cIOS36_rev8 which fixes this anyway so you won't need to install a newer backup channel

rauthelegendary

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm much too lazy to skim through 84 pages.

Is there any way to install custom menu systems (by that I mean the skin) without softmodding the Wii? I already have a modchip so I don't need any softmods on it and as far as I know SoftMii is the only way to get custom skins?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sajiko said:
If I want to mod a PAL Wii but I have an NTSC Zelda can I still do it with SoftMii?
If you don't have a modchip or the HBC then NO
The twilight hack must be done with a twilight princess Original (or backup with modchip) of your region

Posts merged

QUOTE(rauthelegendary @ Mar 17 2009, 05:42 PM) Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm much too lazy to skim through 84 pages.

Is there any way to install custom menu systems (by that I mean the skin) without softmodding the Wii? I already have a modchip so I don't need any softmods on it and as far as I know SoftMii is the only way to get custom skins?
you only need the softmii tweaks program, but it needs to be run from the Homebrew Channel (HBC) / twilight hack / preloader

WizardOfOdd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
richy said:
WizardOfOdd said:
Hi guys,

Thanks!

OK, I can answer these (I think!)

GameCube Backup Launcher 0.1 Xi for Wii by WiiGator is what you want
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4928

And, there is a newer 0.3 gamma +002 fix that you can grab as a .dol file or a channel (there are several on here) OR you can install the newer cIOS36_rev8 which fixes this anyway so you won't need to install a newer backup channel

Wicked, thanks man
smile.gif

Scathraax

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I finally got a copy of TP, and got the HBC installed today.

But, while following the Twilight/Downgrade/Gamma Tut., after I installed IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad with Wad Manager, the HBC won't read my SD card.

All I get is bubbles on screen, and the globe icon on the bottom right flashes.
[edit] The globe stops flashing after a minute or so, if that changed anything.

What does this mean?

[Edit 2]
My Wii is now setup to use my Nintendo WiFi adapter (I had it sitting around, figured I'd get it set up while I wait for a response here).
Upon entering the HBC, the globe icon is now white, or "on" it would seem.

Still not sure what this means, but my SD card still isn't being read from/recognized.

Ignore this post!
It was just my MicroSD to SD adapter. I used another I had lying around, and it works no problem.
grog.gif

joenels

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Hi…I have failed trying to dongrade/install gamma loader.I have fw 3.4u and installed HBC fine,went to wad manager and installed IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad with no errors and rebooted,went to custom WM and ran cios_fix.wad with no errors and rebooted.when I go to IOS DOWNGRADER V1.1,I press load and it goes to black screen and locks up.I also now get the black screen lockup on wad manager.I am able to run custom wad manager but uninstalls of anything give me a error 1017 although reinstalls of cios fix and ios16 run fine with no errors.I have attempted to use anytitle deleter to delete ios249 but i get an error on startup of anytitle deleter also 1017.games still play fine on thewii but I cant go forward or back on the downgrade.any ideas?

Try re-formating your SD and eject it properly so no corruption is involved, try using the cIOS downgrader first instead of the IOS downgrader, and try installing the cIOS249_r.wad instead of the cIOS_fix, try starting over cause at some point you did something you shouldn't...!!
smile.gif

I fail.all applications in HBC other than custom wad manager or anytitle give me black screen lockup including cios uninstaller.not sure where I went wrong but have no idea how to start over if it wont let me run any homebrew apps.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
jdwo said:
ether2802 said:
Use Wad Manager 1.3 to install this files, they will install as channels in your main menu, make sure they are region free or your same region and you have a back door to fix the Wii if they are corrupted and brick your console, preloader is the most recomendable..!!
smile.gif

I have the twilight hack done, and starfall installed. Is that sufficient enough for a back door, or should I add preloader also? Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated!

Yes if you have the "Press Y to recovery menu" option enabled then you're good to go..!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
@ether2802

thanks ether but wont updating the firmware remove the twilight hack
Yeah the hack will be erased if you update to 3.4, but not the HBC or any cIOS (except for patchmii) be deleted, so if you already have HBC and the cIOS for the gamma launcher, then you can update and downgrade back to 3.2 with cIOS and IOS Downgraders..!!
smile.gif

QUOTEWhat is the difference between Wad manager 1.31 and wad installer 2.1? Is 2.1 jus a newer version.

Thanks,
1biggdog

Wad Installer only installs .wad files
Wad Manager can install and uninstall and it can hang on a custom IOS in 249 slot to be able to install .wad files even if you're in FW 3.4..!!
smile.gif

oh..can i create Mii's?...channel that comes with the wii? wanna make sure no probs with using Miis in games..thanks.
i have 3.4u, hbc 1.01, bl gamma002fix.

That's the porpouse or the channel, if you mean that gettin' any kind of troubles for having a softmoded Wii, then no, the softmod and the Mii Channel have nothing to do with each other, so, don't worry you can keep using ALL YOUR CHANNELS AS NORMAL..!!
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
richy said:
Sorry if this has been answered before but I've look all over and can't find the answer, just solutions to the problem:

What does ERROR #001 and ERROR #002 actually mean?

Does it mean IOS files are missing, the disc has some sort of extra copy protection or....? The gamma loader with 002 fix solves the problem but I'm just curious what the actual "problem" is. Cheers
smile.gif

Error 001 is when the game detects there is a ModChip inside the Wii, solved using a patch, wich now is obsolete because the new FW updates in the ModChip's and the new ModChip's

Error 002 is when the game detects is not been readen by his own IOS, Eg. Mad World uses IOS53 to be readen, if the game detects it is been readen by IOS249, then it will display that error, solved by a patch, a 002fix launcher and the new cIOS36_r8 by waninkoko for softmodders, for ModChip users it is just necesary to install the IOS (53 in the case of MadWorld) the game is asking for...!!
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
JJBro1 said:
how do you rip your own retail wii game to an iso?

There is the waninkoko DVD_Dumper but only works if you have the Wii connected in the same router/modem as your PC, and of you don't have a network and want to use your SD instead the use this DVD 2 SD ripper and you'll be fine...!!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work