we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
setasan11 said:
Hey Guys...please...help me again...
I have a problem with the SoftMii, but i resolved it...and my wii now look like original...
BUT now i can´t play the Backups games, it only gets a black screen...and i can´t use the channels like Snesmul 9.x, and the others channel an VC games ...
It look likes it take the upgrade...but it shows 3.2 U version...=/
What should happened? What i can do to fix it again?The homebrew Channel is the only homebrew that´s still working...

I really can't say what you did to fix it, so I don't know what you did to your Wii, but you can upgrade to 3.4 and then go back to 3.2, then start the softmii installation again, don't use the tweak tool this time if you don't want to change your Wii's graphics

QUOTE said:
I want to update my Wii from 3.2E with Starfall, so I can play the newer WiiWare games like Onslaught, but without losing the ability to install WADs, and I also want to be able to still launch fakesigned (trucha-signed) games. Is there any way to accomplish this?
Ask wich IOS uses them and then install those with WAD Manager...!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
How can i make pikmin (PAL) work in a ntsc wii, my tv doen't suport pal and is a normal tv (without HDTV) (NTSC)
Note:The game works in black and white if i don't force anything and i get a green screen if i tri to force ntsc, wipower toys don't help me with this problem (green Screen), what shoud i do?

You need to patch before burn if you want to use it thru the disc channel, the launchers should work without patch, well at least my copy works with launchers, try extracting the main.dol with WP's toy and then use the GWP1.2 to patch the video, put back the main.dol in the SD and run WP's toy again..!!
smile.gif

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster...
Anyways, I thought the other day I had read something about the ability to change a modded disc to use a new save slot, but I can't seem to find it now. In lamens terms a program that, say would allow for multiple Guitar Hero custom discs to all have a different save game.
Any help would be appreciated, I wasn't really sure what to search for.

You need to use the tools included in the latest WiiScrubber 1.40, one of those can change the Game ID so you can have several GH customs

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
adr990 said:
adr990 said:
Hey all,

Can someone can give me a download link the the GameCube tools (Not Wii Tools) of:
Scrubber and Multi Game maker... (For Gamecube)(Not Wii)

Thanks,
Adr990
How those are named?
And witch are the newest/bestest versions?

There is no scrubber that I know, but if you want to shrink your GC .iso's then use GCMUtility.exe and then GCOS_MultiGame_V4F+ to make the multigame.iso they are both in the Downloads of GBATemp...!!
smile.gif

brink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've been installing some WADs and I ran out of memory on the Wii (didn't really watch myself here) so a WAD might have halfway-installed.

I noticed a blank channel in between some of the other WADs I've installed and figured I'd try to remove it, so I used the AnyTitle Deleter mod to do so. Now I've got 2 blank channels for some reason.

Ok, so here are the questions:

- Can I remove the blank channels? It really looks bad.
- Is there a chance I'm using up additional system memory from a partial WAD install?
- If so, How can I reclaim that space?

setasan11

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
osenhordospasteis.zip.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Ether2802:

I did in this order:

Wii with modchip working fine with homebrew channel, and other channels hackeds...

So i installed the SoftMii, them i formated my Wii, so i fucked my Wii...XD...and finally i install the SoftMii again...but i have no channels, then i upgrade my Wii with Metroid Prime 3, and got channels...then i instaled de Wii System Menu WAD again...and the original IOS, And now i cant play my backups by the DISC CHANNEL, only using the gamma uploader...and all the homebrews (except HBC) don´t work...

Its shows 3.2U version...but i think it have upgrade...and doesn´t show...XD

Sorry for my English...=/

SomeGuy2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I kinda found out the hard way that being a NOOB at the whole Wii modding thing tends to frustrate the mods and other community helps. I guess I will ask my questions in this thread until I get a better understanding on what I am doing and post them in the correct place.
smile.gif

After reading the SoftMod 2.0.1 I was able to get my brewed up stuff to work (for the most part).

Below is a little break down of my setup.

Bought brandnew wii a few weeks ago. installed twilight hack and hbc as well as a few misc things from home brew browser such as media players for divx ect.. It was running System Menu 3.4u (per oficial nintendo update) but since I install SoftMii I think its now at 3.2 something.

my wii now boots right into PreLoader 0.28 and all it good there.

I have a few questions thought.

1.) Can I have any of the downloaded channels that apear inside my hbc apear in the main System Menu or at least a text entry inside the PreLoader boot menu? Currently I have Game Loader Gamma (boot.dol) in the root of my 2GB SD card so I can quickly boot into it without having to bo into 5 different menus and or channels just to start a game up.

2.) Is there any way to customize the order that the channels appear in the main System Menu right now the HBC is on the next page to the right (on system menu) and there are empty spaces on the first page that I would like it to be on? I have already deleted stale/un-needed channels from the Wii Data Managment screen from system menu.

3.) Is there any way I can get access to the contents of my SD Card from my laptop across my lan without having to start FTPii on the Wii and then sending 1 file at a time to it?

4.) If I have ISO images (games) on my network in a Samba/Windows Share can I boot them on my wii without having to burn them to DVD?

5.) Since I have modded the holy heck out of this thing is there any way I can actualy brick the wii? I mean I understand now that Preloader starts before the system menu and can act as a recovery env. (by holding reset after power-on) which is way cool. I dont want to get too cariied away and screw it up.

6.) Can Nintendo detect that I have modded my wii and block me from using it or anything. (I have WiiConnect24 turned on and I dont plan on updating my System Menu from 3.2 something unless I read that the HB stuff will still work.

7.) I searched and it doesnt look like there are any web browsers for the Wii beside the build in Internet Channel that uses Opera. And since a lot of the websites

8.) Is there any way I can Play Backup Games via the Disc Channel in the main System Menu?

I end up at on the Wii require Flash 8,9 or some even 10. I am limited. Is anyone working on a Firefox port? I would like to visit websites that require flash 9+ if I can.

Im getting all geeky over this its kinda cool stuff. this is my first game console in the last 15years I have bought and the wii is making good progress in the brewing market.

Thanks for any help and or insite others can provide for me as I am still a NOOB at this whole thing. But I pick up very very very fast. As I have made it this far in the last 3 days and my Wii still works. (allthough it locks up or gives an exception code from time to time.

Many Thanks,

SomeGuy

thatcoolguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have a real quick question. i have two games burned onto DVD+R DL and they work perfectly although i'm afraid i might be screwing up the lens in the optical drive since some discs appear to reduce the life of the laser or so i read. they can fit just fine on one of these verbatim DVD-Rs i bought the other day is it worth reburning the game? is there any harm DVD+R DL can do?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
various discs do not damage your lens as far as i know. it was just a rumor to scare people from using pirated copies of games so i'd just stick with the one you're using now
smile.gif
just burn with -r in the future because they are more reliable!

@someguy

1. yes, if you can find the appropriate .WAD file then you can use wad manager through the homebrew channel to install it. you can then just use it from the system menu. so long as you have the preloader installed then you're safe
smile.gif

2. hover over the channel that you want to move then on your wii remote hold A+B at the same time, then you can place it where you want. if you want it on the next page just scroll to that side of the page (over the arrow i think)

3. i think you have to use FTPII, not sure on that one though.

4. nope, no one has found a way of doing that yet.

5. nope i dont think you can. if you installed the starfall hacks too, then you should be able to load the recovery menu (press Y on gc controller upon boot) to run the recovery disc and fix it again if you do end up with a major brick.

6. No one has been stopped yet so i dont see why you should be
smile.gif

7. i dont think there are.

8. if you have softmii installed and have CIOScorp and cios rev7 then your wii should already launch backups from the disc channel. in fact, if you're using 2.0.1 then you should be able to launch backup gamecube games from the disc channel also!

hope that helps
smile.gif
if i'm wrong anywhere someone correct!

hudson44

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to run the "Wiikey 2 Update/Config Combined Disc v1.2 - 'Asgard Core'" disc on my modded console (wiikey 2) but it wont run. What format do i need to burn it in? Do i leave it as a BZ2 file and burn it as data to a DVD or do i burn it as an ISO? I'm assuming that you select the disc channel to use it. Any help would be great as i have googled and burnt it several times but to no avail.

MicShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hudson44 said:
I'm trying to run the "Wiikey 2 Update/Config Combined Disc v1.2 - 'Asgard Core'" disc on my modded console (wiikey 2) but it wont run. What format do i need to burn it in? Do i leave it as a BZ2 file and burn it as data to a DVD or do i burn it as an ISO? I'm assuming that you select the disc channel to use it. Any help would be great as i have googled and burnt it several times but to no avail.

Need to burn the ISO. There should be instructions on how to use the update disc on the Wiikey site. I think the original was an autoboot disc. So maybe this one is too

OblivionGFX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No matter what I do I cant get gamma error 002 fix to work. I downgraded to 3.2U I installed the cIOS and still nothing when I try to play Donkey Kong jungle beat I still get the blue screen with error 002, I cant see any other reason why it wont work?

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
OblivionGFX said:
No matter what I do I cant get gamma error 002 fix to work. I downgraded to 3.2U I installed the cIOS and still nothing when I try to play Donkey Kong jungle beat I still get the blue screen with error 002, I cant see any other reason why it wont work?
Don't know why it doesn't work but I'm 100% sure it'll work if you try this fix.

araan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hello
i've a little problem....
i can't find a way to use gc backup on my wii.....
i've tried with wiigator gc launcher .... (v4, v5(with the four files inside the 000001..../v5),v8(same thing 00001..../v8)...but when i start the gc launcher it freeeze to the charging screen...(the one with black screen , green gc logo and"gc laucher" wriote on white)
i've tried with waninkoko cmios,,,,but the result is the same.... i can't play gc backup...
----> i've put in the root of my sd the wad file extracted by animal crossing
---->i've put in apps the cmios installer .... tried with rev1 and rev3...
---->i've start the installer, using "wad installation" and after "network installation".
all work without errors.... but when i try to load some backup ....if i use gc launcher i get the same proble...using gamm 0.3 freeze when i press A to load a backup.... and rebooting withb b.. cause a freeze when i use channel disk....
please help me out.....i'm becaming crazy.....

i've firmware 3.1E
cIOS 36 rev7 .... ##also if when i press "home" at the hb channel i see on the right corner rev4.18 ##
i've internet connection for the wii
i use backup launcher gamma 0.3 (perfect)
games burned with imageburn at 1x , tried with 2,4x and 4x....
i use verbatin dvd -r
backup uset to test ::
s.mario sunshine PAL & NTSC
zelda 4 swords NTSC
zelda WW PAL
ff cc NTSC
all that games have the same results......
please help me
frown.gif

noobwithboobs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HERE'S a noob question..lol

I have firmware 2.0u,i see all the tutorial talkin bout firmware 3.3 and 3.4,will any of these methods work for me,or do i need to upgrade my firmware?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
noobwithboobs said:

I have firmware 2.0u,i see all the tutorial talkin bout firmware 3.3 and 3.4,will any of these methods work for me,or do i need to upgrade my firmware?

The best would be to use AnyRegionChanger to update to 3.2*. Check that you choose the correct region! And then you should install starfall or preloader for disc update prevention, this way you will have as less as possible trouble with everything homebrew and backup launching(if you want it) related.

*You need internet connection on your Wii for this, without it's a lot more comlicated.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
ether2802 said:
adr990 said:
adr990 said:
Hey all,

Can someone can give me a download link the the GameCube tools (Not Wii Tools) of:
Scrubber and Multi Game maker... (For Gamecube)(Not Wii)

Thanks,
Adr990
How those are named?
And witch are the newest/bestest versions?

There is no scrubber that I know, but if you want to shrink your GC .iso's then use GCMUtility.exe and then GCOS_MultiGame_V4F+ to make the multigame.iso they are both in the Downloads of GBATemp...!!
smile.gif
Ahh, thanks! I remember those again
yaynds.gif

And yes, Shrink.. English isn't my first language
tongue.gif

What it does mean with this:
*Do not use Shrunk Audio streaming games (they may crash!)

All games have Audio...
wacko.gif
(So No shrinking at all? 0_o )

noobwithboobs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
noobwithboobs said:

The best would be to use AnyRegionChanger to update to 3.2*. Check that you choose the correct region! And then you should install starfall or preloader for disc update prevention, this way you will have as less as possible trouble with everything homebrew and backup launching(if you want it) related.

*You need internet connection on your Wii for this, without it's a lot more comlicated.

ok so i should run anyregionchanger before following the tutorial to install the twilight hack / homebrew channel or after?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol