TTom

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TTom said:
My Wii is 3.3E
I am using backup launcher 0.3 gamma IOS249.

I 'bought' COD:WAW today (NTSC version) however at seemingly random points whilst I am playing i get the black screen disc could not be read message, is there any way of fixing this?

Thanks
smileipb2.png

Is there really no solution to this? I have searched for and it seems other people have had the same problem but nowhere does it say how I can fix it.

I have burned at x2 speed I am using Verbatim -R DVD's, never had a problem with any game before using the exact same method..
frown.gif

cactusjack901

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK

1) If I downgrade to 3.2u and install cIOS and Starfall and all that fun stuff, can I still play my Legit Mario Kart online with my family with NO issues

2) If I block updates with Starfall or remove them from the ISO or whatever, will that have any impact on if I can play a game

3) If I play a copied game that has an online mode (like Brawl for example), will I be able to safely play it online

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
cactusjack901 said:
OK

1) If I downgrade to 3.2u and install cIOS and Starfall and all that fun stuff, can I still play my Legit Mario Kart online with my family with NO issues
yes
2) If I block updates with Starfall or remove them from the ISO or whatever, will that have any impact on if I can play a game
No inpact on any game
3) If I play a copied game that has an online mode (like Brawl for example), will I be able to safely play it online
yes

cactusjack901

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
cactusjack901 said:
OK

yes
No inpact on any game
yes

Holy shit that was fast, and you rock, well... I guess I have a project today..OH, and this wouldn't happen to affect any of my legitimate Virtual Console or Wiiware stuff, would it?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
cactusjack901 said:
tj_cool said:
cactusjack901 said:
OK

yes
No inpact on any game
yes

Holy shit that was fast, and you rock, well... I guess I have a project today..OH, and this wouldn't happen to affect any of my legitimate Virtual Console or Wiiware stuff, would it?
I'm a fast guy
tongue.gif

No doesn't affect wiiware and VC

Ha, even faster as the guy below me

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cactusjack901 said:
tj_cool said:
cactusjack901 said:
OK

yes
No inpact on any game
yes

I dont think it would... Worst case scenario, I think you could just re-download it from the shop if its gets deleted

cactusjack901

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
cactusjack901 said:
tj_cool said:
cactusjack901 said:
OK

yes
No inpact on any game
yes

I'm a fast guy
tongue.gif

No doesn't affect wiiware and VC

Ha, even faster as the guy below me

that's what she said

thanks a lot man

heidi2986

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Since posting earlier this morning, I have tried many various things but my system really is having none of it!!

I have tried using "any title deleter" and it wont let me delete anything!! (Tried deleting IOS254)
So I have tried "cIOS Downgrader" and this wont even load up, I go to it in Homebrew and it just reloads and goes back to the Wii main menu.
So I have just tried "Any region Changer" and chose the 3.2 system downgrade, it then went through everything ok, said installation was complete, but said it returned -1 and failed to find a "ticket", pressed any key to continue and it came up with pretty much the same thing again then went back to where I started. Went to system info and it was still 3.4E.

Am I just destined to have a crap machine that will not let me do anything?!?!
All I wanted was Backup Launcher to work!!!!

Bisness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

New to all this and looking for some help.

Tried to follow guides best I could. I am trying to play Island Sports Party : Summer Sports 2

Wii reboots and it finds the game in the wii menu and loads proper display screen.
When I hit start, game starts. Then freezes at the Nintendo wrist strap/ warning message. I then have to unlug it and/or turn off system.

Game was burnt at 4x with Nero,
DVD-R = PhillipsWII = Ver 3.2U

I am using Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma IOS249
I have force NTSC - YES

If I am missing any info let me know.

Any help would be greatly Appreciated .

Thanks.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Bisness said:
Hey guys,

Tried to follow guides best I could. I am trying to play Island Sports Party : Summer Sports 2

Wii reboots and it finds the game in the wii menu and loads proper display screen.
When I hit start, game starts. Then freezes at the Nintendo wrist strap/ warning message. I then have to unlug it and/or turn off system.

DVD-R = Phillips

Isn't this the 1st link for softmodder noobs;
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123...p;#entry1639626
?

heidi2986

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bisness said:
Hey guys,

DVD-R = Phillips
In my experience, it would be your disc type, quote me if im wrong but DVD+R seems to work better with the Wii.

Bisness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the quick reply!

Will try both methods.

The different disk and the other method said about in the other topic.

Thanks!

timishu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I am currently using this guide:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118446

to downgrade my Wii.

But before looking at this guide, I used this guide:

http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112945

to change my Wii's IOS.

Because I have the downgraded IOS, what do I have to downgrade my Wii to 3.2? The main reason I'm posting here is because no seems to respond to that thread anymore. (Preemptive apologizes to afif95, I am still stuck)

Here are my Conflicts:

I have already installed both IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad and cIOS_fix.wad.

I have already ran the IOS downgrader.

I have already ran Shop Install IOS51.

I have an original copy of Animal Crossing City Folk, but I do not know what I need to do to play it.

Which apps do I run in what order?

heidi2986

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
heidi2986 said:
Since posting earlier this morning, I have tried many various things but my system really is having none of it!!

I have tried using "any title deleter" and it wont let me delete anything!! (Tried deleting IOS254)
So I have tried "cIOS Downgrader" and this wont even load up, I go to it in Homebrew and it just reloads and goes back to the Wii main menu.
So I have just tried "Any region Changer" and chose the 3.2 system downgrade, it then went through everything ok, said installation was complete, but said it returned -1 and failed to find a "ticket", pressed any key to continue and it came up with pretty much the same thing again then went back to where I started. Went to system info and it was still 3.4E.

Am I just destined to have a crap machine that will not let me do anything?!?!
All I wanted was Backup Launcher to work!!!!
Could there possibly be something that is stopping me from amending anything to do with the IOSs, as it seems I cannot add or remove any of them!!

cactusjack901

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so, now I'm on 3.2U, I installed the Custom MIOS for backed up Gamecube games, and couldn't play any of my legit Gamecube games, so I uninstalled it, and still can't play any of them, my wii just stops outputting a video or audio signal. I used the MIOS v5, anybody have any ideas?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
cactusjack901 said:
Ok, so, now I'm on 3.2U, I installed the Custom MIOS for backed up Gamecube games, and couldn't play any of my legit Gamecube games, so I uninstalled it, and still can't play any of them, my wii just stops outputting a video or audio signal. I used the MIOS v5, anybody have any ideas?
Since your the guy from before, you probably installed a lot more than the MIOS
Starfall for exemple has a region free gc games hack that prevents gc games from working.
Check that first

cactusjack901

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
cactusjack901 said:
Starfall for exemple has a region free gc games hack that prevents gc games from working.
Check that first

That did it, I had no idea that Starfall feature was broken, and final question, I swear, I heard that the OOT VC Wad bricks my wii, is this true, and are there any others for me to look out for

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
cactusjack901 said:
tj_cool said:
cactusjack901 said:
Check that first

That did it, I had no idea that Starfall feature was broken, and final question, I swear, I heard that the OOT VC Wad bricks my wii, is this true, and are there any others for me to look out for
Any bad wad can banner brick your wii
As long as you has starfall installed and tp hack on your system, you don't have to worry, cause you can unbrick

heidi2986

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
timishu said:
Ok, so I am currently using this guide:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118446

to downgrade my Wii.

But before looking at this guide, I used this guide:

http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112945

to change my Wii's IOS.

Because I have the downgraded IOS, what do I have to downgrade my Wii to 3.2? The main reason I'm posting here is because no seems to respond to that thread anymore. (Preemptive apologizes to afif95, I am still stuck)

Here are my Conflicts:

I have already installed both IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad and cIOS_fix.wad.

I have already ran the IOS downgrader.

I have already ran Shop Install IOS51.

I have an original copy of Animal Crossing City Folk, but I do not know what I need to do to play it.

Which apps do I run in what order?
Hi there,
Thank you so much for the info you provided here, I have managed to get my Wii Backup Launcher working, it has installed the correct IOS files to allow cIOS installer to do its work.
But just wanted to ask, if you have an original copy of a game, this should work on your Wii unless its for a different region. Is it? or do you mean it is a copy of an original? (backup)

Anyway I cant thank you more for providing the links you did, as I have spent days trying to get my Wii to work as I wanted it to!!!!

If it is a Backup you are trying to play, just let me know and I will point you in the right direction to get the files and instuctions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Lonely here