Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

spamking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
What exactly do you want to do..? there is a sticky with several guides about Wii hacking and HBC

I've checked several guides on several sites and it looks like the files noobwarrior created are my best bet.

I've got a 3.4 Wii and I'd like to use those files to successfully copy over wads and whatnot . . . I got the HBC installed, and can see items in my apps folder, but get errors upon trying to copy them over.

Make sense?

A50SNAKE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HI, this is a really noob question i think, sorry already but...terms, or acronyms what does this one mean?

BGM

I have seen it a few times and i think its maybe

Back
Ground
Menu (Music even maybe)

I just saw someone else asked about ARC, thanks that one was buggin me too, but i get it now.

thanks so much.

jnk2469

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using Wiigator's Backup loader 0.3 gamma w/ 002 fix to load my backups. I am running cIOS249, r6 as when I try to install r 7 I get an error. I have an NTSC Wii, 3.2U. I've obviously run the twilight hack and installed the homebrew channel. I DO NOT have regionfrii, brick blocker, or any of those other things installed.

Question #1

Mortal Kombat Armageddon (NTSC), Brunswick Pro Bowling (PAL), and Madden NFL '09 All-Play (PAL) start to load for me, but only to the initial white screen where it tells to to make sure you have the cover on the remote and that you have enough room around you......

Then, the screen goes black and my wiimote turns off.

The PAL games I have set to Force NTSC.

I've burned and played over 40 iso's successfully. These three games (downloaded from several different sources, several different times) are the only ones I have had issues with, other than with Need For Speed Undercover.

I burn at 4x (and have tried slower on these three games) using ImageBurner, and only on DVD-R's.

What could be the reason for this? All three games do the same thing.

Could someone please help me figure out what the heck the problem is? And if this is something to do with the rebooter options, please explain what exactly I do, as I have never had to do anything with that.

Question #2

As mentioned above, I also have an issue with Need for Speed Undercover. I have the new "fixed" backup loader, but I'm curious as the game still won't load, and no, it doesn't say error 002.... It just loads past the backup loader, and then I get nothing. The game is NTSC. Do I need a new cIOS? As mentioned above, I have IOS249. I would assume that if there is a new cIOS to work with v 0.3, I would have heard of it, but I haven't. I'm just checking. Any ideas?

Questions #3 & #4

Now I KNOW these are quick noob questions. I've pretty much scanned the noob stickies, and haven't found answers though.

How do I make the backup loader v 0.3 a channel, so I can free up my SD Card?

How do I get DVD's to play on the Wii? I've installed DVDx, but it doesn't load the dvd. NO dvd's will load in the disk channel. Just kinda stumped there.

Does anyone else have an issue with James Bond Quantum of Solace being, for lack of a better word, skippy? The sound and video kind of stutter somewhat. Sounds more than video. It's an NTSC game.

I would really appreciate any answers for this. Thanks in advance!

Tranquil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know after I install all the hax I can still installed fixed shop/nintendo channels, but what about features? How can I get those installed? Like I heard 3.4 had something which fixed the laser or could read discs faster.

GizmoGC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GizmoGC said:
WiiPower said:
GizmoGC said:
Do I have to update the modchip? Can't I just stay with softmodding?

With update i mean, update the software of the modchip. Softmodding should work for you, but updated firmware in your modchip would grant you a higher comfort as you can load every game from the disc channel.

My problem is I'm pretty sure the Wiinja chip does not allow software updates (its v2 IIRC). I did not install it - someone else did. Its been fine for 2 years now but there are several games I'd like to play. I toyed with installing my own chip...but I'm not sure how easy it is to do because I'm not sure what kind of job the guy did. I seem to recall him saying it put it on a "pad" so it was easy to pop on and off. Maybe I'll crack the case open and post a picture here.

Any idea guys?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jnk2469 said:
[...]
Mortal Kombat Armageddon (NTSC), Brunswick Pro Bowling (PAL), and Madden NFL '09 All-Play (PAL) start to load for me, but only to the initial white screen where it tells to to make sure you have the cover on the remote and that you have enough room around you......
[...]
look here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123307

QUOTE(jnk2469 @ Jan 30 2009, 03:17 PM) [...]
As mentioned above, I also have an issue with Need for Speed Undercover. I have the new "fixed" backup loader, but I'm curious as the game still won't load, and no, it doesn't say error 002.... It just loads past the backup loader, and then I get nothing. The game is NTSC. Do I need a new cIOS? As mentioned above, I have IOS249. I would assume that if there is a new cIOS to work with v 0.3, I would have heard of it, but I haven't. I'm just checking. Any ideas?
[...]
1. Need for Speed Undercover has really high media requirements, even with original discs at 6x speed, a lot of people are reporting problems. Here are some tipps:
- if your burner is older than 3 years, get a new one, in most cases even one for 30 bucks will be better than your old one
- update the firmware of your burner
- use good media, taiyo yuden, verbatim or sony
- get dvdinfopro or the Nero CD-DVD disc speed tool to check the quality of your burns
- burn at different speeds and test which results in the best quality rating

And even if you do all this, the game might have bad loading while driving!

2. If the game does not work with force NTSC, it's either not NTSC or it's a japanese game. Some japanese games require that you force japanese language

RallyDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii is 3.2U
I was on 3.4U but I've done the Oct23rd FIX and used the cIOS and IOS Downgraders
I installed the cIOS36_r7 installer from Waninkoko thru the Wi-Fi method.
I am also running Starfall all options
WiiGator Gamma loader
HBC of course

1. Ok here is my issue Original Super Smash Brothers Brawl disk from normal disk channel starts up and soon after entering the arena I get "Error Occurred. Press the Eject button and remove the disc" How can I use my original disk?

My other games and there respective backups are working fine

2. I dumped SSBB last night via wifi DL-Wii disk setting and plan on burning it today to see what happens. I have backed up most of my library no problem but this is my first DL tho. Other than setting the Sectors in L0 to 2084960 is there anything else I am going to need to do?

Thank you in advance.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
RallyDude said:
My Wii is 3.2U
I was on 3.4U but I've done the Oct23rd FIX and used the cIOS and IOS Downgraders
I installed the cIOS36_r7 installer from Waninkoko thru the Wi-Fi method.
I am also running Starfall all options
WiiGator Gamma loader
HBC of course

1. Ok here is my issue Original Super Smash Brothers Brawl disk from normal disk channel starts up and soon after entering the arena I get "Error Occurred. Press the Eject button and remove the disc" How can I use my original disk?

My other games and there respective backups are working fine

2. I dumped SSBB last night via wifi DL-Wii disk setting and plan on burning it today to see what happens. I have backed up most of my library no problem but this is my first DL tho. Other than setting the Sectors in L0 to 2084960 is there anything else I am going to need to do?

Thank you in advance.

Only 2 things you have done could mess up the original disc loading in the disc channel. 1. Did you try with all starfall options disabled except update blocking? 2. the IOS downgrader might have installed a old version of the IOS used by the game. Install the one from the disc, i hope this help you to do that:

QUOTE(WiiPower @ Jan 29 2009, 04:37 PM) How install the IOS from a game manually:
0. Get to know which IOS you need
1. Get the IOS
2. Install it with the WAD Manager

about 0:
The IOS you need is specified in a file called tmd on the game disc. To get the info which IOS is requested by the game, you can either open the .iso with Waninkoko's IOS Version patcher and look what it says or you can get the info from SoftChip if no .iso is available. If you start a game with SotChip, it writes this info into its log. So you need to enable logging in SoftChip and after launching the game with any IOS(36 for originals/modchip users, 249 for softmodders), you only need to look at the logfile in /SoftChip/ on your sd card.

about 1:
If you have the origial game or a modchip, get wufe and use it:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WUFE
or
If you have the .iso:
Open the .iso with Trucha Signer or WiiScrubber and copy the wad directly

about 2:
I hope i don't need to explain this

jnk2469

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
jnk2469 said:
[...]
[...]
look here:

QUOTE(jnk2469 @ Jan 30 2009, 03:17 PM) [...]
[...]
1. Need for Speed Undercover has really high media requirements, even with original discs at 6x speed, a lot of people are reporting problems. Here are some tipps:
- if your burner is older than 3 years, get a new one, in most cases even one for 30 bucks will be better than your old one
- update the firmware of your burner
- use good media, taiyo yuden, verbatim or sony
- get dvdinfopro or the Nero CD-DVD disc speed tool to check the quality of your burns
- burn at different speeds and test which results in the best quality rating

And even if you do all this, the game might have bad loading while driving!

2. If the game does not work with force NTSC, it's either not NTSC or it's a japanese game. Some japanese games require that you force japanese language

Thanks, must of had a brain fart because I could NOT find that download link for the patcher anywhere, noob moment....

and for the N4SU, I have done all that already but it will NOT load up. My burner is in my pc, 1 year old w/updated firmware...... I use Verbatim DVD-R, and I verify with IMGBurn and I have tried burning from 1x all the way to max.....

but I appreciate the help

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
MBond42 said:
In that case, I don't assume it's possible to find the specific WAD that is responsible for how the Wii reads SD cards and install that on top of an older system menu?

No unfortunately is not possible cause that little piece of code is inserted inside of some.app file........inside the SysMenu.wad of 3.4, so you may want to think either using 3.4 and your backups thru a launcher, or launch your backps from the Disc Channel and forget about the SD transfer speed...!!!
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
spamking said:
I've checked several guides on several sites and it looks like the files noobwarrior created are my best bet.

I've got a 3.4 Wii and I'd like to use those files to successfully copy over wads and whatnot . . . I got the HBC installed, and can see items in my apps folder, but get errors upon trying to copy them over.

Make sense?

I don't think I really get you, do you want to copy files to your SD, or do you want to install wads in your Wii, it is something like that, but it is not specified, I need to know exactly what are you trying to do, copying files to your Wii it isn't possible, you can install/uninstall, or copy files to your SD only, and I need to know the exact error (1017, 1, 1035, etc...) and wich aplications is the one giving you this error

QUOTE(A50SNAKE @ Jan 30 2009, 07:37 AM) HI, this is a really noob question i think, sorry already but...terms, or acronyms what does this one mean?

BGM

I have seen it a few times and i think its maybe

Back
Ground
Menu (Music even maybe)

I just saw someone else asked about ARC, thanks that one was buggin me too, but i get it now.

thanks so much.

Back Ground Music is the one...!!!
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
GizmoGC said:
GizmoGC said:
WiiPower said:
GizmoGC said:
Do I have to update the modchip? Can't I just stay with softmodding?

With update i mean, update the software of the modchip. Softmodding should work for you, but updated firmware in your modchip would grant you a higher comfort as you can load every game from the disc channel.

My problem is I'm pretty sure the Wiinja chip does not allow software updates (its v2 IIRC). I did not install it - someone else did. Its been fine for 2 years now but there are several games I'd like to play. I toyed with installing my own chip...but I'm not sure how easy it is to do because I'm not sure what kind of job the guy did. I seem to recall him saying it put it on a "pad" so it was easy to pop on and off. Maybe I'll crack the case open and post a picture here.

Any idea guys?

well the clip is not really that old, so by pad I think he only installed a switch to turn it ON/OFF, nothing else, but you can still use softmodding in your Wii anyway, and the best to know what kind of job is in your Wii, is either doing it yourself or oppening the Wii...!!
biggrin.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Tranquil said:
I know after I install all the hax I can still installed fixed shop/nintendo channels, but what about features? How can I get those installed? Like I heard 3.4 had something which fixed the laser or could read discs faster.

Don't quite get you, but you can use most of the wii homebrew in 3.4, even launchers for backups, so if you want to stay in 3.4 you can, nothing bad with that, but it is kind of risky cause IF you brick your Wii installing wads, you can't recover easily as in 3.2...!!!
smile.gif

QUOTE(BadAssDoom @ Jan 30 2009, 09:12 AM) Extremely noobish question , after down grading and soft modding my wii can I still use the forecast channel?

Yes absolutely, and if you come from 3.4 to 3.2 you don't even have to do the WiiShop/IOS51 installer cause you already have those...!!!
biggrin.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Question #2

I think you need to try the cIOS249_r7.wad, the r6 still have some issues in loading and the speed of doing it

How do I make the backup loader v 0.3 a channel, so I can free up my SD Card?
If you want a channel, there is a thread named 002fix channels, or wads, or in the "002 fix here", at the end I posted some links to those threads

How do I get DVD's to play on the Wii? I've installed DVDx, but it doesn't load the dvd. NO dvd's will load in the disk channel.
You need the Media Player capable of read DVD's, if you have Homewbrew Browser, you'll find it right away

Does anyone else have an issue with James Bond Quantum of Solace being, for lack of a better word, skippy? The sound and video kind of stutter somewhat. Sounds more than video. It's an NTSC game.
This is a pretty heavy game, just the first episode is playable, this one really needs to be the legit copy (or have a ModChip)
laugh.gif

Tranquil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thanks. Last question: Can someone please tell me the LATEST ways I can load backups that will require the least amount of modification to my system? I'm currently running 3.3 and I already have homebrew channel installed.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tranquil said:
Okay thanks. Last question: Can someone please tell me the LATEST ways I can load backups that will require the least amount of modification to my system? I'm currently running 3.3 and I already have homebrew channel installed.

Install either WiiGator's cIOS36rev7(the Gamma cIOS) or Waninkoko's cIOS36rev7. Done. To play the games run either Gamma or SoftChip from the HBC, look here before burning for compatibility:

PS: The latest loader would be my toy R4 with video mode patches, and yes you can run it from HBC too and don't need to install anything (except the cIOS) for it

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
'RallyDude'

The Disc Channel has nothing to do with the launchers or the cIOS for them, this may be a problem of the disc itself, maybe a little scrach or something

The cIOS249_r7 (the one for Gamma Launcher) doesn't support DL disc, so you need to convert it to DVD5, there is a tutorial on "how to" here in GBATemp, but some people have report they DVD9 is runing like the original, so you will need to find that out for yourself...!!!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.