1. SummonerArthur

Newcomer

Brazil
    I bought a modded wii, but I dont know if it has any protection like bootmii... How do I know if it has any kind of protection?

2. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBAtemp Member...I guess...

Austria
    Hello.:)

You can press and hold "RESET" on your Wii and power it on.If you got an "well" modded Wii you get into Priiloader, a Brickprotection and "Emergency Boot" Tool.:)

There is the Option "BootMii IOS" if all is ok.

SummonerArthur likes this.
  3. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    One thought I have is to copy the contents of the other sd card that works to this one that isnt behaving how you want it.

Another thought is to make sure the SD card isn't in read only mode, many have a lock switch. I'm not sure how the emulators work, I know they can save config and states so may need write access to unlock all functions. I'd be a bit surprised to learn that you can't even load a rom without write access, but you never know.

Another thought is that depending on what loader you set up or configuration you told modmii you want, you may have a custom usbloader config file directing to loader to look at a particular drive.

And what's really funny about this situation is that most ppl want it to work without an SD, not without a hdd, lol.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Even if it does you would want to make a nand backup. So you just resoftmod your wii as if it were a virgin and it would overwrite and outdated mods as well as guide you to make a nand backup with optimal wii configurations

Last edited by XFlak, Jun 8, 2019
    Simba1 and alexander1970 like this.
  4. kucouyf

kucouyf Newbie
    Newcomer

Norway
    Thanks! I'll try this!

5. Ryccardo

Ryccardo watching Thames TV from London

Italy
    Yeah, you have AHBPROT enabled for WiiMC, but...
    That's a D3v2 :/

alexander1970 likes this.
  6. Simba1

Simba1 Member
    Newcomer

Ireland

First, again tnx for all help you providing.
    I used same card on other console works without problem, I used other card card on this console and again have same problems, I even used same card like Flash (via USB Card reader) on this console and everything works,
    so it definitely console thing, probably some custom wad configs that ModMii made for me and I install (yes, I choose usbloader to include with in ModMii).
    Now only question is how to fix that to work it only with SD card without need for USB flash in same time?
    I even try to use again ModMii and preparing install files like I am softmoding Wii for first time, but nothing changed.

I want to use 128GB SD card and I dont want that IS sticking out from Wii.

Tnx in advance.

Last edited by Simba1, Jun 9, 2019
  7. greator

greator GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    So that is the replacement drive that can't play any backup DVD right?

8. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    Run syscheck on both consoles and compare the results

Simba1 likes this.
  9. Ryccardo

Ryccardo watching Thames TV from London

Italy
    "Replacement" doesn't mean much - regardless of whether it was factory-fitted or substituted later, D3v2 (laser flat cable at 45 degree angle, like previous models - you can "downgrade" it by buying an older drive board instead of having to buy the whole drive) and D4 (smaller board with the exposed part of the laser cable straight, made in Wii and WiiMini variants) do not support anything that's not a Wii or Gamecube* original disc

* many newer Wii drives, as in the mechanical part (I don't know if they only came with D4 or also D3v2 electronics) actually lack the parts used to load miniDVDs

10. Simba1

Simba1 Member
    Newcomer

Ireland
    It seems that problem was with card reader that didnt work, evrething works now like it should. :)

11. Erxkum

Erxkum Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Portugal
    Is there a way to make a PAL wii output NTSC? Because I have all my WADS NTSC-U VC/Wiiware incompatibility.

12. banjo2

banjo2 gamer

United States
    USB loaders like WiiFlow and USB Loader GX can force video modes on channels in the per-game settings. I haven't tested either of them though, all of my channels correspond to my region.

13. webyugioh

webyugioh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Is there any HDD restrictions for the USB Loader? Like can I use 2TB External HDDs? USB 2.0 vs 3.0?

14. ca032769

ca032769 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I've had no problem with USB 2.0 or 3.0, they've both worked for me. Most of my drives have been Western Digital MyBooks or Passports.

As long as the drive is MBR (not GPT) it'll work. You can easily convert it from GPT to MBR as long as it's 2TB or less. Then format it to FAT32 with 32k clusters for best compatibility.

Over 2TB it gets a little more tricky but it can be done, there's a link in my signature telling you how. I'm currently using a 256GB SDXC card with a 10TB Western Digital USB 3.0 MyBook. A little overkill, but I'm like that...

15. webyugioh

webyugioh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

I have no idea what MBR/GPT are when it comes to External HDDs. 2TB should be all I need. How do I check what type it is before I buy?

16. zxr750j

zxr750j GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Just buy the cheapest one u can find. I prefer 2.5” because they dont need external power.

17. ca032769

ca032769 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You can probably find it by checking with your device manager settings and look at the drives or download the free version of EaseUS and look at the attached picture to see where it tells you GPT or MBR.

Link: https://www.easeus.com/partition-manager/epm-free.html

2.jpg

18. BooWasTaken

BooWasTaken Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    i installed homebrew on my wii in 2017, didnt touch on it for 2 years and now i lost my wii usb but homebrew still works, do i need to mod it again?

19. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBAtemp Member...I guess...

Austria
    Hello.:)

In most of the cases all of your Homebrew Applications are located on your SD Card.The USB device is mostely used only for the Games.

The best way to find it out is to plug in and power up your Wii (with your SD Card).
    Then you will see if all is ok.:)

Re-Modding is not inevitably necessary.Maybe one or the other Application needs to be updated (USBLoaderGX for example if you use it).

And one important thing:
    Please power on your Wii while holding "RESET".You should get into "PRIILOADER" a simple brick-protection and First-Aid Toool.:)

Thank you.:)

BooWasTaken likes this.
  20. ResetButton64

ResetButton64 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey, just a question about equipment.
    I have backed up all my Wii games in .iso form and want to run them through usbloadergx off an external hard drive.
    I'll need about 50 gigs of space for all my games.
    Which hard drive should i buy?
    Are any specifically known for working well with Wiis?
    Every single one I've seen on amazon is 50 bucks plus, i'd like to spend less than that if possible.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - PARADISE,