Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

tortuga7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys i am literally about to break my wii I have the new version the one with no gamecube ports USA version ive install the homebrew channel and bootmii as IOS using letterbomb (it was the only option i had) then i downloaded a hack pack so i can install WADS and other apps but whem i load up bootmii wiimote lost sync and power reset and eject buttons would power off reset or eject instead of moving sideways and selecting like before i'm a professional NOOB its my first wii can anyone help.
WTF is a hack pack.. you talking about those bull shit torrents. or following some jack asses youtube video? go to mod mii thread or read hack any wii an download it an hack your wii the proper way.
your right your a professional noob. cause only they are the ones that would do some thing so damn stupid.
Dude the fuck is your problem i ask a goddamn question because i don't know their is no reason to be ignorant and self centered next time if you don't have anything to say that would help i seriously suggest you shut the fuck up seriously

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys i am literally about to break my wii I have the new version the one with no gamecube ports USA version ive install the homebrew channel and bootmii as IOS using letterbomb (it was the only option i had) then i downloaded a hack pack so i can install WADS and other apps but whem i load up bootmii wiimote lost sync and power reset and eject buttons would power off reset or eject instead of moving sideways and selecting like before i'm a professional NOOB its my first wii can anyone help.
WTF is a hack pack.. you talking about those bull shit torrents. or following some jack asses youtube video? go to mod mii thread or read hack any wii an download it an hack your wii the proper way.
your right your a professional noob. cause only they are the ones that would do some thing so damn stupid.
Dude the fuck is your problem i ask a goddamn question because i don't know their is no reason to be ignorant and self centered next time if you don't have anything to say that would help i seriously suggest you shut the fuck up seriously
it's not being "ignorant" as you so said. it's me being me. an one of the ones that's tiered of answering these types of questions. if you don't read, or you follow some ass who makes a youtube an tells you to "download" a pack of bull shit. an you do. then that's on you. for one you'll need to redo the whole system,"hack" but with out knowing what the hell you did, there's hardly no help. sounds like you borked the wii pretty bad. if the wii mote will not sync.( an it's worse on the no gc wii's cause you can't use those controllers to help.) also sounds like there might have been a wad in this so called pack, to change your menu(?). an you being a pro noob. probably didn't look to see what it was. (your 4.3u menu, could have been that or any of the menus, 3.x- 4.3). now IF the only thing you have on is bootmii/ homebrew. i would be glad to help.(putting my hand out, up to you if you want the help).smack it away you'r on your own. don't download shit thats a "hack pack" we have an excellent tool on here that's been tested over an over. an works great. mod mii go to hacking section an read an follow the directions.

7urismo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I install the USBLoader GX?
I have IOS58 on my Wii, and used the Modify ANY Wii 4.3 & below post to hack my Wii.
Now, how do I check my cIOS version, and how do I install the USBLoader GX?

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I install the USBLoader GX?
I have IOS58 on my Wii, and used the Modify ANY Wii 4.3 & below post to hack my Wii.
Now, how do I check my cIOS version, and how do I install the USBLoader GX?
download it and put it in /apps on your sd card..actually I think I have a link in my sig, click that

tortuga7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one more question i use modmii to install homebrew and boot mii i install IOS206 WHEN I TRY TO INSTALL PRIILOADER my wiimote turned off any suggestion what im doing wrong ive followed all of modmii guide thorough its just that part even when i try to install WADS via MMM still the same problem wiimote turned off I have the new wii no gamecube ports with wii motion plus remote

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one more question i use modmii to install homebrew and boot mii i install IOS206 WHEN I TRY TO INSTALL PRIILOADER my wiimote turned off any suggestion what im doing wrong ive followed all of modmii guide thorough its just that part even when i try to install WADS via MMM still the same problem wiimote turned off I have the new wii no gamecube ports with wii motion plus remote

206? there is no 206 in the wii ios's.. priiloader uses 236.. do you have a priiloader folder in the apps on the sd card? thats were you add priiloader to the wii from.. not a wad. an go back an open yawmm, grab that app. put it on sd card an use that. an see were it gets you..

tortuga7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's not being "ignorant" as you so said. it's me being me. an one of the ones that's tiered of answering these types of questions. if you don't read, or you follow some ass who makes a youtube an tells you to "download" a pack of bull shit. an you do. then that's on you. for one you'll need to redo the whole system,"hack" but with out knowing what the hell you did, there's hardly no help. sounds like you borked the wii pretty bad. if the wii mote will not sync.( an it's worse on the no gc wii's cause you can't use those controllers to help.) also sounds like there might have been a wad in this so called pack, to change your menu(?). an you being a pro noob. probably didn't look to see what it was. (your 4.3u menu, could have been that or any of the menus, 3.x- 4.3). now IF the only thing you have on is bootmii/ homebrew. i would be glad to help.(putting my hand out, up to you if you want the help).smack it away you'r on your own. don't download shit thats a "hack pack" we have an excellent tool on here that's been tested over an over. an works great. mod mii go to hacking section an read an follow the directions.
iight kool ok i followed the modmii guide this time installed ios 236 now when i try to install WADS using MMM 13.4 wiimote shuts off same with priiloader 236 MOD u being a pro at this any suggestion on what im doing wrong ? i borked my wii stupid comment

VLinh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a Seagate 1 TB HDD and I want to use it to play backups on the Wii. So my question: is there a tutorial explaining the process of Preping a HDD and a program which converts ISO's into WBFS format for HDD? And the most appropriate Loader to use with HDD game loaders has me tangled as well.

Thank you so much! =D

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
iight kool ok i followed the modmii guide this time installed ios 236 now when i try to install WADS using MMM 13.4 wiimote shuts off same with priiloader 236 MOD u being a pro at this any suggestion on what im doing wrong ? i borked my wii stupid comment
are you using one of the new wiimotes? If so, that's your problem, use one of the classic wiimotes and all will work fine.
Good point, I think he did say he has a NO-GAMECUBE wii so he probably has the new wiimotes ... any suggestion how he could go about getting his hands on a old one?
I would suggest borrowing one from a friend ... or maybe a no-name brand one ... any other suggestions?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I have a Seagate 1 TB HDD and I want to use it to play backups on the Wii. So my question: is there a tutorial explaining the process of Preping a HDD and a program which converts ISO's into WBFS format for HDD? And the most appropriate Loader to use with HDD game loaders has me tangled as well.

Thank you so much! =D
Here's my favorite program: http://gbatemp.net/t...er-for-windows/
There are a bunch of different loaders. There are little feature differences but mostly the difference is just the interface. My personal favorite is WiiFlow. There are two main versions, WiiFlow-Advanced you can get here: http://wiiflowiki.com (The site also has some nice guides on it as far as prepping.) and WiiFlow-mod at http://code.google.com/p/open-wiiflow-mod/
There's also Postloader : http://gbatemp.net/topic/299384-postloader3/
and other loaders have their threads stickied at the top of the list here: http://gbatemp.net/forum/190-wii-backup-loaders/

sketchyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A while ago, I followed a standard guide to mod my Wii to play games off a external hard drive. Today I forgot that the official updates can mess with homebrew, so I updated today to 4.3U. This made my usb loader freeze at its title screen. To get it to work again, should I just follow a new guide to mod a version 4.3 Wii, or is there some way to undo an accidental update like this? The reason I ask is that I have modded my Wii before, so I don't know if messing with already modded system files would cause any trouble.

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A while ago, I followed a standard guide to mod my Wii to play games off a external hard drive. Today I forgot that the official updates can mess with homebrew, so I updated today to 4.3U. This made my usb loader freeze at its title screen. To get it to work again, should I just follow a new guide to mod a version 4.3 Wii, or is there some way to undo an accidental update like this? The reason I ask is that I have modded my Wii before, so I don't know if messing with already modded system files would cause any trouble.

Forget the guides. ModMii is the answer you seek. Link here.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
And, no, there's no trouble re-modding ... 4.3U almost converted it back into an UN-modded wii anyhow.
Get Priiloader and BLOCK future updates (that way you won't forget again and have to do all the work again) :)

Mike768

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I was trying to install the snes9x gx channel and got this error: unable to obtain nand access! installer cannot continue. It says this when I am trying to install FCE Ultra GX and Visual Boy Advance GX as well. Please if anyone knows why this is happening I would appreciate it if you could help me

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Hi I was trying to install the snes9x gx channel and got this error: unable to obtain nand access! installer cannot continue. It says this when I am trying to install FCE Ultra GX and Visual Boy Advance GX as well. Please if anyone knows why this is happening I would appreciate it if you could help me
Looks like you got this answered on another thread so sorry in being so slow to answer but I remember getting the same error when installing mine the first time and just like you I had darkcorp installed (I bought my wii used so I didn't know it.) After reinstalling a few ios's I got it to work. Glad you got it fixed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...