Hacking noob needs help with wii backups and homebrew not playing

anthonyi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone hope i can get some help here, I installed letterbomb on my wii 4.3e, installed bootmii and HBC ok, then installed IOS236 then installed neogamma and then i was told i needed to install cIOS 249 so i installed waninkoko's cIOS249, after doing all this i thought things would be good to go, but when i read more forums it turns out because i have got a black wii i can not load backups from dvd, tried using neogamma to load buckup from a 8gb usb stick ive got and it counts down the retrys left then freezes on 24, tried loading backup from sd card but have same problem, begins counting down retrys then freezes and the wii remote also turns itself off, when i just try loading homebrew using HBC it just loads a black screen and again remote turns itself off, spoken to a friend and i have basically done everythin he has done but he has a white wii and his loads fine (hes loading backups from dvd though) would be really greatful if someone can tell me what im doing wrong, first time i have attempted doing all this. should i just leave well alone as its starting to all confuse me.
blink.gif

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd suggest rehacking your wii with modmii.

Note: The program seems to have been reported as a virus. Your anti-virus program may bring up false positives while you use modmii. The program is completely safe there are no virus' just ignore the warnings or disable your anti virus while you use modmii.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Is there any special reason for u to have to play the game through DVD instead of HDD?
Well, i say use a HDD and use the backup loader Configureable USB Loader

anthonyi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a risk of bricking my wii if i rehack it with modmii? is it just a case of following instructions from modmii to rehack it? or do i have to uninstall the previous hacking ive done? sorry for sounding confusing but im genuinely confused myself, tried the backup loader idea but when i run it and click to load backup from usb it tells me its unable to find any backups, tried doing the same with sd card and says the same, no games found. think im about to give up as dont wanna end up bricking my wii.

anthonyi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a friends told me i need to open letterbomb and turn Boot 2 on, i tried but get this message when letterbomb starts> "boot1 version prevents a boot2 version being installed"..... have i made a mistake??, seen on another forum someone said> "boot1 version prevents a boot2 version being installed You can't install it as boot2. Period. If you want to install it as boot2, you'll need to sell your wii and buy a used one from before mid-2008.... i only got my wii christmas last year. I have considered rehacking with modmii but want to make sure thats the only option available as everything with the setup seemed to go so well so far and maybe theres just something really small that im doing wrong?. thanks in advance everyone for all your advice.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
First of all. IF you have HBC installed, then you pretty much hacked your wii to the point that u can almost do anything you want with it. Make sure your games is inside a folder named wbfs. Make sure ur usb/hdd is formatted in FAT32. Or you can go my style and format it so that the disk has 2 seperate disk where one is FAT32 and have all your backuploader files while the other one is NTSC(So you can transfer files larger than the FAT32 limit) where you have your games. The Wii can't read NTSC, but the loader can and thats why you can do that way. Don't even think of touching letterbomb/bannerbomb/indianasomething when you have HBC installed. The main reason to use them is to get HBC installed.

iggloovortex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well instead of that try uloader lol. i know i had the same retry problem from his first post with anything that wasnt uloader.

Also, did you install Hermes' Cios? the one with 222 in the name, because you need that to run backups

Skitty22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DarkStriker said:
First of all. IF you have HBC installed, then you pretty much hacked your wii to the point that u can almost do anything you want with it. Make sure your games is inside a folder named wbfs. Make sure ur usb/hdd is formatted in FAT32. Or you can go my style and format it so that the disk has 2 seperate disk where one is FAT32 and have all your backuploader files while the other one is NTSC(So you can transfer files larger than the FAT32 limit) where you have your games. The Wii can't read NTSC, but the loader can and thats why you can do that way. Don't even think of touching letterbomb/bannerbomb/indianasomething when you have HBC installed. The main reason to use them is to get HBC installed.

Dont take it the wrong way its not NTSC it is NTFS - which really became big in Windows 2000 it works in a different way to FAT32. I would use NTFS on everything if only manufacturers would make there products support it to be honest everyone of us is using NTFS on pc especially if your on windows xp , vista or win7

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Skitty22 said:
DarkStriker said:

Dont take it the wrong way its not NTSC it is NTFS - which really became big in Windows 2000 it works in a different way to FAT32. I would use NTFS on everything if only manufacturers would make there products support it to be honest everyone of us is using NTFS on pc especially if your on windows xp , vista or win7
Typo typo xD Sorry.. Fully aware what NTSC is and NTFS. Well lets just say PAL and NTSC and you understand xD

anthonyi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the help everyone turned out alls i needed to do was install cIOSX_REV21 an also had to download wii backup manager to convert my iso game backup to WFPS to be able to play usin a usb stick, now it all works great, thanks again everyone
yaywii.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to