Tutorial NOOB friendly guide to Downgrading your 3DS (From FW <10.7!!)

Didja downgrade successfully from 10.4/10.5/10.6 ?

• O3ds yes

Votes: 137 41.6%
  • O3ds no

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • New 3DS yes

Votes: 128 38.9%
  • New 3DS no

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • I'll wait until yls8/smea releases an entrypoint for me

Votes: 73 22.2%

• Total voters

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
Maybe I'll buy a Japanese OOT Cart but how much will the Powersave cost?
And also will I also need specific save file for 10.6J and where will I get those..i tried searching but some files are for 10.2U or E..thanks IMo m

I'm also looking into buying a sky3ds+ as my last option.. Do you advise using Sky3ds with Cubic Ninja to downgrade my firmware from 10.6 to 9.2 and then install CFW.. Or just use the sky3ds+ as it is without modifying my device.. Thanks
If you dont wat the hassle of installing stuff, you could just use Sky3DS+ with a rom of Cubic Ninja to downgrade. And no,
since i have a NAND backup of my New 3DS XL, shouldn't i be able to just downgrade 11.0 to (whatever firmware was on the NAND.bin i have) with a hardmod?
yes u can downgrade with a hardmod. Follow this, then come back to this guide/just follow the one there.

soratheultima

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yes u can downgrade with a hardmod. Follow this, then come back to this guide/just follow the one there.

That didn't answer my question though. Better yet, let me rephrase my question. WHY do i need to follow that tutorial if i can just take my NAND backup and completely overwrite my NAND with a previous NAND.bin file that i have created 7 months ago?
is the NATIVE_FIRM stuck on 11.0 while doing that?

Or is that guide, including the one from here, for people who don't have a NAND backup?:mellow:

(EDIT)
Thanks! :lol: I will proceed and create the hard mod (preferably with usb so it is easier to do in the future).

Last edited by soratheultima,

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
that didn't answer my question though. Better yet, let me rephrase my question. WHY do i need to follow that tutorial
if i can just take my NAND backup and completely overwrite my NAND with a previous NAND.bin file that i have created 7 months ago?
is the NATIVE_FIRM stuck on 11.0 while doing that?

or is that guide including the one from here for people who don't have a NAND backup?:mellow:
If you have a hardmod, yeah just flash that NAND backup to your NAND, and done! But that cannot be done without a hardmod.

Reactions: soratheultima

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
I'll check their listed resellers on their website..may I know which sky3ds is the best to buy..
I plan to load sky3ds with cubic ninja to downgrade my firmware from 10.6 to 9.2 so I could freely do anything
i have basic knowledge with nihongo so I could manage to use the interface..but I could not enjoy playing
Japanese games yet so I hope I could load/play US/EUR roms afterwards
I don't really know which Sky3DS is the best, I'm not into flashcards that much. You may ask about that in Flashcarts and CFW Section

nbeyond

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hi there, downgraded my n3Ds - but at the end i´ve got the "somethings wrong - blablabla" screen =/
after restart nothing happend - stays at a black screen - took my micro sd out and it boots just fine! (can someone tell me why?! :D)
in system settings it says i´m on 9.2 E but im not capable of booting into gateway mode (from homebrew) after selecting gateway the screen stays black (holding L)
so may i´ve got an partial downgrade?! -_- what should i do?! just try again?!

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
hi there, downgraded my n3Ds - but at the end i´ve got the "somethings wrong - blablabla" screen =/
after restart nothing happend - stays at a black screen - took my micro sd out and it boots just fine! (can someone tell me why?! :D)
in system settings it says i´m on 9.2 E but im not capable of booting into gateway mode (from homebrew) after selecting gateway the screen stays black (holding L)
so may i´ve got an partial downgrade?! -_- what should i do?! just try again?!
It's a partial downgrade. Use sysUpdater again, and you shall be fine.
But my friend tell i up to 10.3 and then downgrade it? it is needed? (sorry about my english)
Downgrades are supported on firmwares upto 10.7. (and 11.0 if you have a hardmod)

GiovyX96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, i have the "an error has accured" screen after the downgrade (without any errors) but this only without the microsd.
With the microSD, i have black screen (no text) BUT pressing the power button, i can see the classic "sleep mode screen". If i press the home button, appear the "HOME written" (with sound) and nothing else.
If it can help, with the microSD BUT without the "000002ce" and "00000098" folders in the "exdata", i have the "an error has accured" screen at boot.
In this link https://3dbrew.org/wiki/Extdata, says that there are home menu files in this 2 folders...
It's an old3ds and i didn't do a system format.
Can I do anything (except update at fw11 with the recovery) ? Thanks

mcpat

Trophies
XP
Country
worked for me on n3ds, but first try was a softbrick (recovery mode back to 10.7 - was the latest fw on my downgrade... now it is 11.0 so a recovery could be problem...) because I didn't format the 3ds. So first format 3ds!

engrjayze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
~

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-11 at 11.36.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-11 at 11.36.16 PM.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 145
  • Screen Shot 2016-06-11 at 11.36.28 PM.png