GBAtemp Syko!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi i was wondering if anyone could help me find any Japanese games that require minimal knowledge of the language that haven't been released in the US/or never will be.I'm looking to load up my card with a bunch of games.Any genre is OK just no shovel ware,pokemon or naruto please.Thanks in advance.

daniel709

Majesty Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
so far i dont think there is a japenese game that is 16mb the least size is 64mb.
here are some Jap game that i know of : Code geass , naruto shippuuden shinobi retsuden 3, katekyoo hitman reborn Flame Rumble X the mores but i only play this jap game

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
daniel709 said:
so far i dont think there is a japenese game that is 16mb the least size is 64mb.
here are some Jap game that i know of : Code geass , naruto shippuuden shinobi retsuden 3, katekyoo hitman reborn Flame Rumble X the mores but i only play this jap game

I've gone through the release list and seen a ton of Japanese games that are 16MB or smaller the problem is i cant find any reviews or screen shots on most of the games

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FlameTakuya said:
Er, Zelda, Phantom Hourglass?

Heard it's not a bad game to learn Japanese (assuming that's what you're doing), they even show the Furigana when you tap on the Kanji in the text.

Well i have that game in English already my goal Isn't to learn Japanese I'm just looking for new games to play since i already have over 200 English games.

Posts merged

QUOTE(KingdomBlade @ Sep 7 2009, 08:53 PM) Err, you do know that most games have Japanese versions, right? So taking a peek at the releases won't hurt.

I'm not looking for Japanese versions of games I'm looking for games that are Japanese only.Most Likely if a game has a US release i already have it.I'm just looking for games that don't require you to know Japanese to play it.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
irpacynot said:
It's probably time for an "essentials" thread for recommended Japanese games.

Yes i agree with you no matter what websites i look on majority of the time if anyone has rated the game there is no review of the game and no screen shots.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think your biggest obstacle is going to be limiting your search to 16MB-size games. There are obviously quite a few, really good Japanese games that are playable without knowledge of the language, but many of the ones I'd recommend are sizable files.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
irpacynot said:
I think your biggest obstacle is going to be limiting your search to 16MB-size games. There are obviously quite a few, really good Japanese games that are playable without knowledge of the language, but many of the ones I'd recommend are sizable files.

They don't actually HAVE to be 16MB i was just trying to get as many as i could on my memory card i have a 16GB card but i only have a little over 1GB left and wanted to get a lot of games crammed on to it

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do you trim your roms? I ask because I have 120+ DS roms (+ 3 emulators and 400ish roms for them) on an 8GB card, and still have over 1GB free. If not, I suggest doing so, because it will definitely save a considerable amount of space with that number of games.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
Do you trim your roms? I ask because I have 120+ DS roms (+ 3 emulators and 400ish roms for them) on an 8GB card, and still have over 1GB free. If not, I suggest doing so, because it will definitely save a considerable amount of space with that number of games.

Yes all of my roms are trimmed i have 240 DS games 47 NES games 15 SNES games and 12 GB games and i have around 1.1GB left

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Picross DS & Picross 3D cross my mind, but I forgot the file size
tongue.gif
For screenshots & reviews you can check at gamefaqs.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ShinRyouma said:
Picross DS & Picross 3D cross my mind, but I forgot the file size
tongue.gif
For screenshots & reviews you can check at gamefaqs.

I already have Picross in english but thanks for Picross 3D its 32MB in size but that's still small enough
grog.gif

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jump! Ultimate Stars? Might eat a bit of size but it's worth it. There's also a translation patch, which does make it a little bit easier to know what to do, but if you read the Gamefaqs translation that was enough for me until I delved a bit deeper and discovered the patch.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Private|Parts said:
Jump! Ultimate Stars? Might eat a bit of size but it's worth it. There's also a translation patch, which does make it a little bit easier to know what to do, but if you read the Gamefaqs translation that was enough for me until I delved a bit deeper and discovered the patch.

i already have Jump! Ultimate Stars but thanks for the reply.I'm actually looking for games that don't really require an English patch something i can just pick up and play without knowing any Japanese.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/eFb28u5GPsU?si=35a7C58FgPbaxIMm