GhostToast

OP
Trophies
Website
whatthephoto.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I launched my first zero-budget campaign today for the non-profit I work for. It's a pretty funny video (in my opinion), and there's an option to donate at the end. Even if you don't wish to donate, if you would help me spread the word, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1W2S9UwP7Y

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I think this *might* be against the rules... the "please visit my website and share"... But I hope it's not
smile.gif

To be sure, ask a mod if it's okay
smile.gif
(hey, it's for a good cause)

GhostToast

OP
Trophies
Website
whatthephoto.com
XP
Country
United States
well i could just be posting a video. err.
but yes it is for a good cause. i apologize in advance if this is deemed inappropriate or against the rules. but in case it isnt! please share! =)

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Just watched it, it was quite funny
smile.gif

I have a tip though: Some shots were shot with heavy back light... making the faces all dark. (like when eric was stanging in front of the window while his co-worker ate his lunch). It would've looked a bit better if you used a strong front light on him
smile.gif
(just some constructive critique).

EDIT: quoting the rules, and highlighting the most important parts... (so, contact a mod, and I'm sure it'll be sorted out just fine
smile.gif
) :
QUOTE said:
Members are not allowed to create topics or posts intended only to promote or advertise their own or any website(s) without staff permission. If permission is given members are required to provide the name of the staff member who allowed the advert in their post.

As long as the advert is non-obtrusive and does not contain links to warez of any kind, members may link to their own website, forum, or venture in their signature and profile ONLY.

Begging in the forums for anything is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to: asking users to visit a website for the member to gain points/etc, begging to become a staff member, torrent invite, translation, and dump requests, and especially pyramid schemes; where you are asking members to help you out by registering places, visiting certain websites, etc.

GhostToast

OP
Trophies
Website
whatthephoto.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the feedback and info about the rules.

In response to the feedback - ya that part was a bit dark. I was not operating the camera, and that was one of the first shots of the day. I think I lost a bit of quality in the codec chosen - it didn't look as bad on the monitor when we were filming. I think our cameraman wanted to have some "outside" in the shot. The sequence between Eric and the older gentleman was well-enough lit... Anyway. Was a great learning experience all-in-all. I'm really thrilled that it's already generated as much $ as it has so far, and hope I get to do fun projects like this again sometime.

As for the rules. I don't know any of the staff on any kind of level. I suppose I'll PM a moderator and just point out this thread.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I'll keep this thread open, though somewhat hesitantly. We're not really wishing to be a vehicle for fundraising activities apart from those deemed relevant to our site and it's members, and/or gaming related stuff, which is more up our alley. In this case, I think the feedback on the vid brings it into the category of "relevant to our members" as I think you might actually get some good feedback. As for the non-profit itself, good luck with that, and feel free to add a link in your sig, but in the future let's limit it to that instead of creating threads solely for the promotion of.. well, you read the rules.

In the meantime, here's the Better Business Bureau's report on your organization. So if someone were to want to donate, they'd be a little more informed about the org by an unbiased party.

GhostToast

OP
Trophies
Website
whatthephoto.com
XP
Country
United States
Yea the BBB is a pain to deal with. Now that we have a new Executive Director I can probably actually stuff like our 990 public, since my old boss was terrified of that.

Anyway, thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, yes