Non-profit Viral Fundraiser

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by GhostToast, Nov 23, 2010.

Nov 23, 2010
  1. GhostToast
    OP

Member GhostToast GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey guys, I launched my first zero-budget campaign today for the non-profit I work for. It's a pretty funny video (in my opinion), and there's an option to donate at the end. Even if you don't wish to donate, if you would help me spread the word, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1W2S9UwP7Y

2. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    I think this *might* be against the rules... the "please visit my website and share"... But I hope it's not [​IMG]
    To be sure, ask a mod if it's okay [​IMG] (hey, it's for a good cause)

3. GhostToast
    OP

United States
    well i could just be posting a video. err.
    but yes it is for a good cause. i apologize in advance if this is deemed inappropriate or against the rules. but in case it isnt! please share! =)

4. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    Just watched it, it was quite funny [​IMG]
    I have a tip though: Some shots were shot with heavy back light... making the faces all dark. (like when eric was stanging in front of the window while his co-worker ate his lunch). It would've looked a bit better if you used a strong front light on him [​IMG] (just some constructive critique).

EDIT: quoting the rules, and highlighting the most important parts... (so, contact a mod, and I'm sure it'll be sorted out just fine [​IMG] ) :

5. GhostToast
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the feedback and info about the rules.

In response to the feedback - ya that part was a bit dark. I was not operating the camera, and that was one of the first shots of the day. I think I lost a bit of quality in the codec chosen - it didn't look as bad on the monitor when we were filming. I think our cameraman wanted to have some "outside" in the shot. The sequence between Eric and the older gentleman was well-enough lit... Anyway. Was a great learning experience all-in-all. I'm really thrilled that it's already generated as much $ as it has so far, and hope I get to do fun projects like this again sometime.

As for the rules. I don't know any of the staff on any kind of level. I suppose I'll PM a moderator and just point out this thread.

6. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    I'll keep this thread open, though somewhat hesitantly. We're not really wishing to be a vehicle for fundraising activities apart from those deemed relevant to our site and it's members, and/or gaming related stuff, which is more up our alley. In this case, I think the feedback on the vid brings it into the category of "relevant to our members" as I think you might actually get some good feedback. As for the non-profit itself, good luck with that, and feel free to add a link in your sig, but in the future let's limit it to that instead of creating threads solely for the promotion of.. well, you read the rules.

In the meantime, here's the Better Business Bureau's report on your organization. So if someone were to want to donate, they'd be a little more informed about the org by an unbiased party.

7. GhostToast
    OP

United States
    Yea the BBB is a pain to deal with. Now that we have a new Executive Director I can probably actually stuff like our 990 public, since my old boss was terrified of that.

Anyway, thanks.