PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It just freezes, as mentioned before it sometimes wont boot after it

Not gonna buy a new one and im probably not gonna send it out for repairs.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If i installed boot9strap and an emunand do you think that would make any difference?
Try this: Power on the 3ds and twist it a bit with your both hands and see if it freezes. (Don't break it tho lol)

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Um what? ok lol

the top and bottom screens right?

didnt freeze tho

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Um what? ok lol

the top and bottom screens right?

didnt freeze tho
No, I mean, grab the console as if you were playing normally, then twist your right hand away from you and your left hand towards you (like if you were unwrapping a candy). If there is a bad connection between the motherboard and the Soc, it will freeze/corrupt the screen.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

If i installed boot9strap and an emunand do you think that would make any difference?
You're out of luck then, those are your only 2 choices or be stuck with a half broken 3ds. no homebrew or cfw can ever fix a hardware problem if it's defective so i would stop trying.

have_full

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nope, nothing

if your 3ds haven't installed CFW yet,
just bring/send it to nintendo service center (dont send it to store).
based on your user profile, u live in UK right? i believe there's nintendo service center in UK.
like in AU, there are 2 nintendo service centers here.

I sent my o3ds to nintendo service center for being repaired (before I CFWed my 3ds).
They have proper inspection procedures to determine and fix your problem.
Also u will get detail report later when your 3ds fixed.

in my case, my 3ds analog was broken, I came to nintendo service center.
they were not only replace my analog but also all rubber pads on my 3ds (Dpad, LR, ABXY).
also they were checking for dead pixel on my both screens, battery, mother board.
and it's free.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's hardware-related; you can either send it to Ninty for repairs, send it to someone on GBATemp for repairs, or buy a new one...

SonicMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well it kind of depends on what's broke.

if the blocks on your nand are starting to go bad, but not everywhere (firm partitions are per say on an unaffected part of the nand) Then yes a emunand could technically work as most reading and writing would be on a SD card once it is setup,

The problem is creating a clean emunand on the sd card to boot from: creating the emunand from your original nand, would be copying a corrupt nand to sd card won't make it any less corrupt... I have not used emunands ever so I'm not sure how you would go about creating a clean working one from perhaps a ctrnand or another nand source???

If it's a different hardware issues than boot9 and a emunand will make zero difference.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well it kind of depends on what's broke.

if the blocks on your nand are starting to go bad, but not everywhere (firm partitions are per say on an unaffected part of the nand) Then yes a emunand could technically work as most reading and writing would be on a SD card once it is setup,

The problem is creating a clean emunand on the sd card to boot from: creating the emunand from your original nand, would be copying a corrupt nand to sd card won't make it any less corrupt... I have not used emunands ever so I'm not sure how you would go about creating a clean working one from perhaps a ctrnand or another nand source???

If it's a different hardware issues than boot9 and a emunand will make zero difference.
I have another N3DS and it has a fully working emunand so would I be able to use that on this 3ds?

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
also, since the switch is out now im not gonna bother buying another 3ds. Also its warranty wouldve expired by now wouldnt it? I got this 3ds the christmas after n3ds's came out

Just wait for MagnetHax to release.
ok :D

I have another question which is kinda offtopic but if I do fix/get a new 3ds and wanted to install boot9strap, i have 2 of the dsiware titles on this broken 3ds but not on my hacked one and was wondering if i could move the game(s) over to my hacked 3ds.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
also, since the switch is out now im not gonna bother buying another 3ds. Also its warranty wouldve expired by now wouldnt it? I got this 3ds the christmas after n3ds's came out

I have another question which is kinda offtopic but if I do fix/get a new 3ds and wanted to install boot9strap, i have 2 of the dsiware titles on this broken 3ds but not on my hacked one and was wondering if i could move the game(s) over to my hacked 3ds.
I think the MagnetHax will also let you install CFW without the need to DSi transfer or hardmod, so it might be best to just wait. I'm not even trolling you, I'm dead serious.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

So you got it in christmas of 2015?
Then you still have time. EU law requires at least 2 years warranty as a minimum I believe, but it could be even longer in UK.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok. I was hoping to get it fixed by tomorrow cause im going on holiday but i doubt that will happen now. Thanks for all the replies!

So you got it in christmas of 2015?
Then you still have time. EU law requires at least 2 years warranty as a minimum I believe, but it could be even longer in UK.
doesnt the nintendo website say 12 month warranty?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Hopalongtom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU