Nomura Teasing Final Fantasy VII Remake?

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tetsuyanomura2010projec.jpg

Looks like we have two games to look forward.

QUOTE said:
In the latest issue of Japanese magazine Gamega, Final Fantasy Versus XIII director Tetsuya Nomura teases his next project to be revealed in 2010.

While Nomura couldn’t name his new project, he did drop rather interesting hints on it. Apparently, it’s a yet-to-be-announced game, one that fans have been asking for and many are anticipating; he’s even received personal requests about it. Nomura says there will be a huge reaction to the the game’s announcement.

Sounds a lot like Final Fantasy VII to me.

2010 is going to be a big year for Nomura. Final Fantasy Versus XIII reveal, new project and who knows what else is coming down the line.

News Source: SFX

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People seem to always jump to that "Square Enix fan request = FFVII". I know FFVII is quite popular, but there's a lot of Square games that have needed remakes or sequels.

I'll go with Chrono Cross sequel for $500, Alex.

Oh yeah, and if I called it right there, you bitches owe me $500!

tommyt

Trophies
XP
Country
If it is a remake its obviously going to be on the PS3.
I wonder how much a remake would sell?
unsure.gif

Weren't xenogears owned by namco now

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
People seem to always jump to that "Square Enix fan request = FFVII". I know FFVII is quite popular, but there's a lot of Square games that have needed remakes or sequels.

I agree with this. Only problem is, Nomura has nothing to do with the Chrono Chross. Whereas he contributed to Chrono Trigger. But you may be onto something.

I also think its a possibility that it may be It's A Wonderful World (The World Ends With You) sequel since the ending of the first game hinted at a sequel and it did get many sales.

QUOTE(tommyt @ Dec 27 2009, 09:14 PM) Weren't xenogears owned by namco now
I think you are talking about Xenosaga.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rock Raiyu said:
Guild McCommunist said:

I agree with this. Only problem is, Nomura has nothing to do with the Chrono Chross. Whereas he contributed to Chrono Trigger. But you may be onto something.

I also think its a possibility that it may be It's A Wonderful World (The World Ends With You) sequel since the ending of the first game hinted at a sequel and it did get many sales.

I doubt a TWEWY sequel at the moment. Sure, it was quite popular, but it's just not a so-called "legend". Fans would want FFVII or Chrono Cross more than a TWEWY sequel.

And he could just be picking up after Chrono Cross. He didn't work on it, but it's still in line with the Chrono series. Think of it like Call of Duty; the developers (Infinity Ward and Treyarch) switch off every other game. Maybe they'll start doing that for Chrono.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
made be

a new Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Kingdom Hearts III
Final Fantasy V DS remake
Final Fantasy VI DS remake
a new Musashi game
FFVII remake
FFVIII remake

i thinking one of the game is KHIII

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a new Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars: Definitely not. There's been a lot of licensing limbo with SMRPG. I mean c'mon, the last Square Enx and Nintendo collaboration was fucking Mario Hoops.
Kingdom Hearts III: It was already teased at. This is a different project, odds are. Well, now that you think about it, I don't think he'd stretch himself over two huge games...
Final Fantasy V DS remake: It's not a "big" FF title
Final Fantasy VI DS remake: ups
a new Musashi game: Meh, Musashi isn't a big franchise.
FFVII remake: Probably in the Top 2 of guesses
FFVIII remake: FFVIII was the oddball of the Final Fantasy PSX crop. It was drastically less popular than VII or IX

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That does not hint FFVII to me at all... and anyway, Square-Enix is gonna hold that card for as long as they possibly can. They will only release it when the freaking studio is about to close and they need a miraculous influx of money.

Capitalism, they call it.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
a new Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars: Definitely not. There's been a lot of licensing limbo with SMRPG. I mean c'mon, the last Square Enx and Nintendo collaboration was fucking Mario Hoops.
Kingdom Hearts III: It was already teased at. This is a different project, odds are. Well, now that you think about it, I don't think he'd stretch himself over two huge games...
a new Musashi game: Meh, Musashi isn't a big franchise.
FFVII remake: Probably in the Top 2 of guesses
FFVIII remake: FFVIII was the oddball of the Final Fantasy PSX crop. It was drastically less popular than VII or IX
This.

Remember, he expects a "huge reaction" meaning that it's probably something people want but a lot of controversy over if it's really true or not, or was always believed to be false.
FFVII fits best.

If it is FFVII, I personally think SE should just focus their budget on a new/different game rather than remaking VII.
VII is fine as is. They've milked it enough. >.>

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i dont get how people go from a "yet to be announced game" and jump straight onto its a remake?

my guess would be another extension to the chrono series.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ZeroTm said:
Jeez FF VII is probably the most overrated game ever. Am I the only person who didn't like at all??

I agree that it's heavily over hyped. I wouldn't say I hate it, I just don't see anything special about it. I kinda preferred Final Fantasy VI more.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Edhel said:
ZeroTm said:
Jeez FF VII is probably the most overrated game ever. Am I the only person who didn't like at all??

I agree that it's heavily over hyped. I wouldn't say I hate it, I just don't see anything special about it. I kinda preferred Final Fantasy VI more.
I never played much of VI, so I can't say much for it, but VII's story is pretty good. Nice and dark.

It is definitely over hyped though.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:

lolwut

edit: oh and ff7 is overrated shit, but hopefully it gets remade just so all the goddamn fanboys who haven't actually played it will finally play it and realise how shit it is. Plus, even if it has a graphical overhaul, none of it has really aged well.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is coming for SURE to PS3, the FF7 remake. When it gets announced, i will quote this post i made and tell you guys I TOLD YOU SO. I have a buddy who is a insider who has clued me in and everything he has told me has come true 100%, including Yakuza 3 and many others.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: