1. Zaybokk

Zaybokk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    then how to connect to network side of it?.. can't seem to get that to work either??.. i have the right ip address and stuff pretty sure?..

2. DSSP

DSSP Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what is the offset used for?

3. wiitendo84

OP wiitendo84 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The official thread should explain how to set it up. I use it over wifi to do my searches. Here's the link

https://gbatemp.net/threads/noexs-remote-debugger.512668/

Not dumb.
    Its essentially just saying that the address I want to write to is this far from another address that points to it.

4. DSSP

DSSP Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So do you just try different offsets when you do a pointer search?

5. Zaybokk

Zaybokk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    would u mind sharing on how u set it up on through wifi then? .. assuming u also use windows 10???.. that's what i need help with
    i finally got it managed to get it to pop up and all on PC side of it.. just not actually connecting to it switch, tried connecting it through . wifi..??
    but connecting through wifi** there's alot to that.. meaning on how to and or which way to connect through wifi???, like example Shared network, routers wifi . and through third party , or nxlink?? or something ..

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  6. wiitendo84

United States
    I mean it's just that. You need to make sure you have configured your hekate file properly. Make sure you have the kip file in the right folder. You're using java 10. No other java works. Then all you do is make sure both your computer and switch are on the same network. Type your switch ip address in bottom of noexs. Click connect. Click refresh pids. Go to last pid and click attach to process.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Generally for pointers a max offset of 0000F000 is usually the most you would have to do but sometimes you may have to go to a higher one.

DSSP likes this.
  7. DSSP

DSSP Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for the answer and this tutorial

8. RisingHopperZeroOne

RisingHopperZeroOne Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    I was able to get the output from the pointer search but I'm not sure what to do with it to turn it into a cheat code, could I get some help?

9. wiitendo84

United States
    Use sx os code builder. Just search the forums and it will pull up.

10. RisingHopperZeroOne

Newcomer

Australia
    I got it downloaded, am I meant to use memory write or load register with value? Sorry for asking, first time using the software.

11. RisingHopperZeroOne

Newcomer

Australia
    I for the life of me can't figure this out. Is it possible to make your code incrementally increase with each button press? For example I start with 100 Gold, everytime I push L and A I get an extra 100 gold instead of just resetting back to 100?

Code:
    [Money (Up + A)]
    58000000 03C7FB30
    78000000 00000E9C
    64000000 00000000 00000064
    This is my code so far but I'm not sure how to get it to increase by 100 each time I input the button combination.

12. wiitendo84

United States
    Just saw this, sorry for the late reply. I dont know of a way to do it if there is. I personally would like to know as well.

13. ReclaimerShawn

ReclaimerShawn GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks to this guide, I just made my first unique pointer code for the Switch tonight! It ended up being a HEAP Pointer in the end as MAIN never had common pointers between two dumps, no matter how high I took the Offset and the Depth (At some point, had Depth 2 and Offset 0x000F0000. Also went as far as Depth 1 and Offset 0x0F000000.) Should know how to do everything from here. Thanks!

14. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    There needs to be a way to compare Memory Dumps. Was looking at a few Games, and when I went for the Pointer Search, I am getting 30+, or for 1 Game, well over 100+ possible Results. JNoexs only works with 1 Memory Dump. If it could support 2 Dumps, then Users can find more Accurate Results. Also should list the Pointers in Order somehow.
    I went to Search for 2 or 3 Depth Search, and it had 3 of the 1 Depth Results included, but I had already looked at those which did nothing. Not to mention, the Offset Limit was at the lowest possible, but I was still getting 100+ Results (hence why I Posted a cpl Memory Dumps in the Downloads Section for Reference).

15. wiitendo84

United States
    I agree. This would be helpful. It doesnt need to be a amazing one just a very basic one.

Smoker1 likes this.
  16. ReclaimerShawn

ReclaimerShawn GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have a question. I have a game that has a value that resides in BASE. I've tried every pointer offset and depth in HEAP and MAIN I could without crashing Noexs (0xF0000000 for MAIN and HEAP, 0xF0000 for both Pointer Depth 2). Nothing ever works as pointers are not shared between RAM Dumps. Could using Min on the first MAIN CODE_STATIC all the way to the last CODE_MUTABLE produce results (like what was done for HEAP)?

17. tides

tides GBAtemp Regular

United States
    can anyone tell me how to install and use this?

i have downloaded this and put noexs.kip1 into the root of my sd card, edited my hekate_ipl.ini and added the lines in the github

then i installed java 13 cus u cant download java 10 anymore...

then tried to run the jar file but nothing happens...im on windows

18. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Which Windows are you on? If on Windows 10, create a new .txt File in the same directory as the .jar File, making sure to label it the same as the .jar File, JNoexsClient . In the .txt File, type this.....

java -jar JNoexsClient.jar

Then Save it. Then, Right Click on it, rename, and instead of having as a .txt File, rename it as a .bat File. Should work now. If on Windows 7, no luck. I can not get it to work either. Windows 8, I do not know.

19. tides

tides GBAtemp Regular

United States
    windows 10

doesnt work. the bat file just opens a cmd prompt and then closes itself

is there an updated fork or something i should be using?

20. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Right-Click, Open With..., then look for the Java.exe in
    c:/Program Files/Java/jdk- "Latest Version Here"/bin/java.exe

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Hacking, Noexs, Guide