No USB device detected

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by sdmilne, Jul 2, 2009.

1. sdmilne
    OP

sdmilne Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2009
    I'm having a big problem with USB Loader GX. I have tried two versions now, including the latest one and with both, I keep getting the "No USB Device Detected" message. In addition, I'm presented with the choice of CIOS249 and CIOS222. Clicking on 222 gives me a blank screen and 249 initiates the 30 second countdown in which to attach a device.

I am using a WD 6400AAK hard drive which according to the compatibility list works perfectly and I have a primary partition formatted as WBFS with latest the latest version of WBFS manager. Also my Wii is on firmware 3.4E

Basically, I have no real idea what is causing the problem or how to correct it and any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. kwirky

kwirky Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    There is a bug in the cios249 or the loader. Try the uloader 2.4 developed by hermes. It works for me every time.

3. lajd

lajd GBAtemp Regular

Apr 3, 2008
    United States
    do other loaders work?

if you're on cios 13, i've found that it is very quirky (at least for me and a few others around the forum) that it wouldn't detect the hdd most of the time.

then again, for others, connecting the hdd to another usb port solved the issue.