Hacking No System Updates From Nintendo In A While?

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also untrue, did you even read my post? The only thing they could possibly do is a hardware revision, which I'd assume would revoke Nintendo's signature and sign everything with a new one. But they aren't going to do that so late in the consoles lifespan.
My god you are stupid.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know what you're getting at: cutting off the head of the snake. No need to be rude >:|
Then why did you point-blank ignore what I was getting at and call it "untrue"?
I know that once we have our code running, Ninty can't do shit, I just said they can block the installation.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then why did you point-blank ignore what I was getting at and call it "untrue"?
I know that once we have our code running, Ninty can't do shit, I just said they can block the installation.
Misinterpretation of what you meant by blocking the installation: I didn't address the cutting off the head of the snake part.

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
If you really think about the whole stability thing, They are actually achieving that. Preventing the 3ds from crashing is increased stability.
I remember crashing my New 3DS while exploiting glitches in The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past VC release. Fun stuff.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo could also cut the cord on that as well if they wanted to.
this would require revisions to the hardware and it's kind of too late to do that. they can't stop hardmodding. nor can they really stop downgrades to 9.2 forever without a bootrom revision. and once you're on 9.2, anything is possible.

Reactions: DarthDub and Seriel

Bros.Life

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Who the hell knows how Nintendo operates or maybe they are desperate for Wii U sales they are allowing the exploit to live.

I'm wondering what the game developers companies would think about that. I think maybe they could be the most hurt in the situation. With these hacks people are allowed to play games without paying which means no profit.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering what the game developers companies would think about that. I think maybe they could be the most hurt in the situation. With these hacks people are allowed to play games without paying which means no profit.
Yeah piracy is definitely frowned upon but from past experiences it seems like Nintendo looks out for #1 while gladly fucking over everyone else.

Despite Ocarina of Time and Pokemon being used for hacks, Nintendo will gladly take down other 3rd party games used for hacks.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the Wii U itself hasnt had an update since January despite the kernel exploit being leaked back in May, two months later and no update.
The Wii-U is Nintendo's "red headed stepchild", the same way the Vita is to Sony. In other words, Nintendo gives no fucks about the Wii-U and does not want to waste any money to pay their Chinese tech support to update the Wii-U.

The only reason they're even releasing the new Zelda for the Wii-U is so people don't bitch on the internet and boycott the NX. I'm still kinda curious if they'll leave region lock in.

But hey, this is all speculation, as is this thread. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o