no sound on desmume

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by tomatojuice708, Sep 24, 2010.

Sep 24, 2010

no sound on desmume by tomatojuice708 at 4:18 AM (9,845 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. tomatojuice708
    OP

Newcomer tomatojuice708 Newbie

Japan
    Hi, I'm a new member at this site, so sorry if I get things wrong or if I don't understand you're reply.

I have been using Desmume for almost 3 years, and I update it to 0.9.6 last year. I downloaded the Mac version and played some recent games on it, but since it has a MAJOR lag (you have to press the control keys several times until it takes it), I switched to desmume windows version.

I open this through crossover, so it works totally fine.
    HOWEVER.
    I am trying to play pokemon white on this desmume, but even though the game works fine, there is NO sound at all. I configured the sound settings, but nothing worked. I also tried configuring the crossover application through winecfg audio, but that didn't work either. My friend told me since it's a mac, it doesn't have the sound card needed for playing sound on a windows app, but I've played several games before and it worked fine.

I guess I'm just being stupid for trying to play it on desmume, when I'm going to go back to Japan at the end of December... but I can't wait!!! Are there any suggestions or ways to solve this?

2. tomatojuice708
    OP

Japan
    ok now I don't care if I don't have sound. I actually have another problem.

I'm at the 1st gym in Sanyou city right now. and I'm ready to fight the 1st gymleader, Dento.
    But the thing is, it always freezes when the screens backs out and gets ready to start the battle.
    Is it maybe because of the rom? I got one that is already patched for the experience bug.

3. Kwigg

Member Kwigg GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I don't know if this will help, but try a different rom.
    Post your results [​IMG]

4. tomatojuice708
    OP

Japan

Thank you for your reply and opinon! [​IMG]
    I tried another rom that I downloaded a few hours ago, but the same thing happened... still stops right before the first gym battle [​IMG]
    So what I'm doing right now is downloading another different rom off a different website...
    If this doesn't work, I'll just give up on playing it on desmume and hope that there's a fix that I can stumble upon somewhere on the internet.
    OR I'll just wait for 3 months until I go back to Japan and I can go buy it officially I guess [​IMG]
    Thank you though!

5. Kwigg

Member Kwigg GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Or how about try a different DS emulator?

6. tomatojuice708
    OP

Japan

Hi guys! Thanks again for the replies!

I actually downloaded a 4th rom and now this one works! I was able to go past the 1st gym and onward. So happy! [​IMG]
    I've only tried out DeSmuMe and nogba, as well as iDeas. I heard that those are the top three emulators for DS roms.

Now I'll go on with my pokemon white! Thank you~ [​IMG]