No savedate after updating red gateway card!?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ProGTO, Nov 1, 2014.

1. ProGTO
    OP

ProGTO Newbie

Newcomer
    May 31, 2013
    United States
    I was on emunand and was playing MH4G. The 3DS ran out of power so I had to do the regular process again. However, when I tried going into gateway mode, it asked me to update the 3ds gateway card so I did. Afterward, it was a black screen, I turned the power off and did the process again and got into the game successfully. However, there is no game save!? Does updating wipe game saves or what?! Can someone please help me, I got 50+hrs of game time already! There was no warning before updating that it will wipe game saves!

2. Nurio

Nurio That Kirby fan

Mar 31, 2009
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    In order for your save to actually write, you need to properly exit the game. Then the save gets written to the SD card. If you've never properly exited the game and the 3DS loses power, there is no save on the SD card for the game to load.
    That's why it's important to always close the game every once in a while just so that the save gets written to the SD card so that you won't lose too much progress in the event of a crash or the battery dying.

3. TinyRick

TinyRick Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Remove the micro sd card and put it in the computer and see if your save data is still there. If not, you could try data recovery, but otherwise you might be out of luck.

Edit: Oh I didn't read that you lost power, yeah that would do it if you didn't exit properly. Sorry.

4. ProGTO
    OP

ProGTO Newbie

Newcomer
    May 31, 2013
    United States

Thanks for the fast reply! Well, I'm fucked...Been playing since the rom was released and now this happens...

5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    had you never exited out, as it shouldnt of deleted the whole save, just any progress since you last exited the game to the homescreen