No Padding WiiKey Update

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by webjedi, Nov 2, 2007.

Nov 2, 2007

No Padding WiiKey Update by webjedi at 1:10 PM (1,361 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. webjedi
    OP

Member webjedi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've seen this question asked a dozen or so times. Please stop asking!!!

Just burn the update as a normal ISO DVD burn!!! What the heck is the obsession some of you have with padding?!?! [​IMG]

2. klyick

Newcomer klyick Advanced Member

United States
    Indeed. Also, if you need to burn games at a lower speed to work, you might try a different media, or burner. I used crappy staples DVD's and never had a problem burning them at 16x

-Klyick

3. din75

Newcomer din75 Member

United Kingdom
    Some posts say that the iso burnt should finish as a 1.4gb (which includes the pad files).
    burning normally leaves me with a 40mb disk with no pad files
    I've burnt this as a normal iso to a dvdr using differnt programs imgburn, clone cd, nero (even changing cd to dvd on nero & using high compatibility mode-which says mimimum size would be 1gb on disk, but it still ends up at 40mb on the dvd.

Also followed numerous tips & still I can't get the pad files on the disk as ive read that you need pad files on the disk in order for it to run properly.

It seems that it depends on the burner you are using so thats why its straightforward for some peeps & not so for others.

Ive asked many times what size is the 1.9g update supposed to be once burnt onto disk but have had no replies.

4. no1r

Newcomer no1r Member

United States
  5. iSynic

Newcomer iSynic Newbie

United States
    Well some posts are wrong. You burn it as a 40mb disk, because that's what it is. No padding, there's no point. How do you not understand a flat out 'don't pad your disk'? It means, don't pad your disk. And if you don't pad your disk, common sense tells you the DVD you burn should be the same size as the iso on your hard drive (~40 MB).

Is that clear enough? Don't pad it. Burn it as a 40mb dvd. If it's not working, lower your burn speed.

6. falcon212

Newcomer falcon212 Member

Singapore
    imgburn.com is the best ! u guys wrong if there's any other ! [​IMG]

7. Lazycus

Member Lazycus Rotten

United States
    You are making the assumption that your way will work for everyone, no matter how different their setup. It is necessary for SOME people to pad their file to the correct gamecube image size (1,459,978,240) before burning. It depends on several factors such as burning software, current Wii firmware version, media, etc. Don't make a blanket statement that just isn't true for everyone.

I go the the other extreme and pad the files to the proper gamecube image size and burn them on Ritek G04 mini DVD-Rs. I've never had one not recognized on my Gamecube or Wii.

8. phantoccine

Newcomer phantoccine Newbie

United States
    the problem I have is, when I try to burn the iso - it was update.us.iso or something like that - 40mb - it tells me that I need to insert a CD-R and it wont burn onto a DVD. also, does my wii need to have the latest system update from nintendo? last one I got was with metroid prime 3 I think.

9. Hogmeister

Member Hogmeister GBAtemp Regular

United States
    if you're using nero like myself, i had that exact same problem. in the screen you press "burn" on (Burn Compilation)... go to the top left, there will be a dropdown saying CD and DVD ... select DVD, from there it should burn to a dvd no problem. i had to do it, give it a shot.