Homebrew No otherapp/ropbin for my 3DS' firmware

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I suggest you buy a cartridge with an entrypoint like freakyhax. I got one for 10€ recently and it's working fine. Cubic ninja is always overpriced.

But in long term you should send your 3DS to repair the wifi anyway. Not only for installing CFW but you lose most of the fun by not playing online.

Last edited by windhazard,
Reactions: BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know how to fix it, but the last time I had to stop it and put the DS back together. So, I don't know how, but, either the screwdriver or the screws are damaged, and I can't get the back cover to open anymore.
Get yourself one of these #000 screwdrivers(minus the rust lol)
IMG_20170110_125145.jpg
I stripped 4 or 5 motherboard screws and this still gripped them perfectly(multiple times) and was able to get them. I had originally bought a pack like this
IMG_20170110_130240.jpg
from Walgreens and the #000 screwdriver was crap. I stripped 2 screws, filed down the tip as the point kept it from fully seating the screwhead, still stripped 2 but then got one so tried another and it stripped. Then I found the small metal one in my old toolbox and got all the stripped ones out and never stripped another one. Now the stripped screws weren't rounded out so as long as you didn't strip them THAT bad the small metal screwdriver should be able to grip them enough to remove. Just thought I'd share that with you. =]

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,
Reactions: Deleted User

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The site itself says you can use one with a browser version higher than yours but not lower. If you're on 10.3 you can use "10.3.0-7E" and it should work just fine. The Ropbin only needs to be the current firmware, not necessarily browser (hence the 77/178/999 options).

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The site itself says you can use one with a browser version higher than yours but not lower. If you're on 10.3 you can use "10.3.0-7E" and it should work just fine. The Ropbin only needs to be the current firmware, not necessarily browser (hence the 77/178/999 options).
Otherapp/ropbin payloads

Some exploits (not ninjhax, ironhax or tubehax) might allow you to run the homebrew launcher and require you to get an "otherapp payload" (or a "ropbin payload") to do so. This payload is a binary file specific to your firmware version. You can download your own payload by selecting your firmware version below(only select NEW if you are running this on a New 3DS (XL); regular 3DS, 3DS XL and 2DS owners should select OLD) :
Also, the OP can't use the browser as the Wi-Fi on their 3DS isn't functioning. Their only options are fixing the Wi-Fi or updating to a firmware via game cartridge so they can get an otherapp payload for that version.

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, the OP can't use the browser as the Wi-Fi on their 3DS isn't functioning. Their only options are fixing the Wi-Fi or updating to a firmware via game cartridge so they can get an otherapp payload for that version.
HAs nothing to do with being able to use the browser or not. The last part of the firmware indicate the browser version. Which gives my statement MORE credibility considering he doesn't have one. Using a Ropbin with the 10.3.0 regardless of the browser version for that ropbin will work. I guess you didn't understand what I was saying.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HAs nothing to do with being able to use the browser or not. The last part of the firmware indicate the browser version. Which gives my statement MORE credibility considering he doesn't have one. Using a Ropbin with the 10.3.0 regardless of the browser version for that ropbin will work. I guess you didn't understand what I was saying.
Oh, I see what you're saying now. I'm pretty sure they tried a different version otherapp payload for 10.3.0.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because Soundhax doesn't work on 10.3..........

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

He needs a compatible entry point with his firmware. If he wants to use SoundHax he needs to update to 11.X period.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL! Then why is the guide for 9.0.0-11.2.0? I'm confused.
No you're right. It supposed to work for 9.0- 11.2. Still there is no reason another ropbin for his firmware shouldn't work. Else version strings such as 128/999 wouldn't exist. He should simply be able to rename "10.3.0-7E" to "10.3.0-4E" and it should work just fine. If it doesn't seems like there is another problem entirely. Just trying to help.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you're right. It supposed to work for 9.0- 11.2. Still there is no reason another ropbin for his firmware shouldn't work. Else version strings such as 128/999 wouldn't exist. He should simply be able to rename "10.3.0-7E" to "10.3.0-4E" and it should work just fine. If it doesn't seems like there is another problem entirely. Just trying to help.
I'm sorry if I came off harsh, it wasn't intended. I'm glad to see another person trying to help the OP,

You're already renaming it from "POST5_U_XXXXX_xxx_XXXX" to "otherapp.bin". Unless the OP didn't rename it.

HerrForehead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm sorry if I came off harsh, it wasn't intended. I'm glad to see another person trying to help the OP,

You're already renaming it from "POST5_U_XXXXX_xxx_XXXX" to "otherapp.bin". Unless the OP didn't rename it.
I already tried using multiple otherapp.bins and made sure to rename them to otherapp.bin

HerrForehead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There are people who reports soundhax working after 50+ tries. Depends on the consoles i think.
Well, I tried it a real couple of times, and it still keeps crashing me back to the home menu.
Here's a little secret: the last number is completely meaningless for hax 2.x.

It can be 4 or 34 and it won't change the actual downloaded file you get. Try it.
I didn't know that. But it seems like they all don't work.

TherealDarknes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know how to fix it, but the last time I had to stop it and put the DS back together. So, I don't know how, but, either the screwdriver or the screws are damaged, and I can't get the back cover to open anymore.
i have a simple solution get a pen cap and melt it into the screw it should work fine for how little you should have to use it when repairing the wifi

HerrForehead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i have a simple solution get a pen cap and melt it into the screw it should work fine for how little you should have to use it when repairing the wifi
I actually just tried using this rapid glue stuff to use on the screwdriver, and then getting it stuck on the screw, to easily screw it out. But that didn't work. I only managed to glue paper to my hands. lol
maybe also go to 10.3 and not 4
I know, I just accidentally took this screenshot when it was on 4, instead of 3.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually just tried using this rapid glue stuff to use on the screwdriver, and then getting it stuck on the screw, to easily screw it out. But that didn't work. I only managed to glue paper to my hands. lol

I know, I just accidentally took this screenshot when it was on 4, instead of 3.
Go up towards the top of the page, I gave you advice on how to get the stripped screws out. I had this issue with the motherboard screws and I got them out with the little metal screwdriver I posted above(in the spoiler).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-