no nanddump option and a few questions

jesusballer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im using the wii u tiramisu guide and im at the backup nand step so i went to the wii u browser to run the exploit but once i did i was met with a menu with the title environment loader and two options that said installer and tiramisu but no nanddumper or default option so i cant backup the files and i dont wanna install anything without doing a backup in case something goes wrong for whatever reason

my other question is if i can download wii u and wii games and then put them into my 64gb sd card or do i need a hdd hard drive to play them i heard you can also use a usb drive but is 8gb enough or do i need more space for the games? i cant afford a hdd drive now so thats why im asking this

thanks in advance

jesusballer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Make sure Nanddumper is checked when downloading from https://tiramisu.foryour.cafe
2) You can't use the SD card and 8 GB won't be enough (there are games up to around 20 GB + updates and stuff).
i do have nanddumper but i cannot choose it in the menu as the only two options are tiramisu and installer
i have USB card reader + 64GB SD card will that be enough i can delete games too i dont care about keeping them once i complete them the issue is that once i put the SD card on my laptop it says that i need to format it again and once i do it the wii u asks to format the device again leading to a never ending cycle

Last edited by jesusballer,

jesusballer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you restart when it told you to?
no i cant get past the installer and tiramisu menu unless i install tiramisu but i dont wanna install anything without backing up my wii u files i can actually show a picture of the menu i see now that my gamepad is charged

jesusballer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to restart probably. it can't boot into nand dumper while you're using an environment.
i will actually do the whole process again then see if it happens the same thing and show a picture of the menu
isnt it supposed to say that i need to choose a payload and then press nanddumper then all the files showup? well im not seeing any of that for now

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe, I don't know. I had the same problem, but I did it on the day tiramisu was released. I had neglected to restart at the times it says, because I didn't think I needed to. you do, at each time it says, if it still says it.

jesusballer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe, I don't know. I had the same problem, but I did it on the day tiramisu was released. I had neglected to restart at the times it says, because I didn't think I needed to. you do, at each time it says, if it still says it.
yeah i heard only people nowadays have this problem but like i said i can show you the menu i see if you want
im actually doing the steps right now so i will take the picture in a minute

Last edited by jesusballer,
Reactions: godreborn

jesusballer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hold b and then this menu pops up no nanddumper option at all

Attachments

• 20220714_192615.jpg
    20220714_192615.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 86

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i do have nanddumper but i cannot choose it in the menu as the only two options are tiramisu and installer
Summoing @Maschell and/or @GaryOderNichts for this one.

Flash momery (esp cheap SD cards) will die out pretty fast when used as USB storage. Nintendo itself discourages the usage of Flash based storage solutions. Also did you read what I said b4? One single game might need more than 20 GB... With updates and stuff more than 40 GB… So no, this won't be enough: I don't trust you saying a single game is enough. Even if this would count for you what if you get a partner in life? What if your partner and you get kids? What if you loose your partner and get an depressed phase where a lot of games at your fingertips would help you out?
IMO external storage should be at least 256 GB for a light gamer like you seem to be. For casual or even hard gamers (or familys with mutiple members playing on the same console) you want more like 1-2 TB.

Last edited by V10lator,

jesusballer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Summoing @Maschell and/or @GaryOderNichts for this one.

Flash momery (esp cheap SD cards) will die out pretty fast when used as USB storage. Nintendo itself discourages the usage of Flash based storage solutions. Also did you read what I said b4? One single game might need more than 20 GB... With updates and stuff more than 40 GB… So no, this won't be enough: I don't trust you saying a single game is enough. Even if this would count for you what if you get a partner in life? What if your partner and you get kids?
IMO external storage should be at least 256 GB for a light gamer like you seem to be. For casual or even hard gamers (or familys with mutiple members playing on the same console) you want more like 1-2 TB.
thing is, no one wants to play on the console which is why im modding it so i can use it until i get bored then sell it or gift it to someone that actually needs or wants to play with it i will not be using the console as much as i used to, my gf doesnt care about videogames at all and i dont play as much games as before as i have more important things to focus on and i get bored pretty quick of them as well, and for now she doesnt want kids so thats a discarded possibility as well, i wish i could buy a hdd drive but i just cant afford it for now and my family dont allow me to work until i finish my studies so i cant win money with a part time job or something

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1) Things can and will always go other than planned. For example: She doesn't want kids but what if this happens by accident? And what if she notice it after an abotion is illegal? You see this as impossinble? I saw exactly this a lot of times happening in (thanks god not my) life.
2) HDDs are more cheap than flash based memory. I don't know (and also don't want to know!) your financial situation but sparing like $5 to $15 for a few months should give you the money needed

jesusballer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Things can and will always go other than planned. For example: She doesn't want kids but what if this happens by accident? And what if she notice it after an abotion is illegal? You see this as impossinble? I saw exactly this a lot of times happening in (thanks god not my) life.
2) HDDs are more cheap than flash based memory. I don't know (and also don't want to know!) your financial situation but sparing like $5 to $15 for a few months should give you the money needed
hdds cost more than $15 or $20 here anyway even if i buy one im still stuck in the installer screen without being able to backup so what can i do

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sure they cost more than $15... Re-read what I wrote: Saving $5 to $15 for a few months will give you the money needed.

//EDIT: And for the NAND dumper question wait for my summoings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: Jetpack joyride. Whats that about? Sounds like fun