Hacking No more Acekard 2 on Dealextreme!!

ShAdOwFuRi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
On a recent browse through dealextreme I realised that the Acekard 2, which has always been in the top row of Nintendo DS accessories is now missing!! I cannot seem to find it anywhere else on the site either, so I've come to the conclusion that the Acekard 2 really has stopped production... The compact edition is on back order, much like the normal edition was before it was eliminated, so I'm guessing it is only a matter of time before the same happens to the compact edition. Can anyone else confirm this for me?

I find it a real shame, seeing as though obviously not everyone will get a DSi and those opting to buy an Acekard will be forced to purchase the more expensive Acekard 2i. This would in turn cause many customers to switch to the alternative budget cart, the EDGE... It really doesn't make sense to me... If anything the halting of the Acekard 2 production lines is reducing their business if you ask me.

owmyballs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just do a search on their site for Acekard. It looks like they are just sold out. My order that I placed on 12/25 shows that it will be shipped 01/02.

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It dropped off the front page and the top of the DS listings when it sold out just before christmas.
It stayed listed at first, saying back ordered with an ETA, then it dropped off and had a status of temporarily unavailable.

It came back in a few days ago, and sold out again pretty quick.

Looks like the same thing again, after a few days of back order status it can only be found by search.
I'd be pretty confident it will be back; last time it was back on the day the gave in the ETA.

SpikeyBryan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol Acekard2i isn't that bad
dry.gif

owmyballs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW, Can anyone confirm that the Acekards sold by DealExtreme are official and not clones?

Just curious, DealExtreme is not listed on Acekard's site as a reseller. Also the included reader shown on Acekard's site is different than the one shown at DealExtreme. The included reader shown on the DealExtreme site is the same one they include with the Edge, M3, R4-III and N5.

SpikeyBryan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DealExtreme.com wouldn't sink so low D: They're just slow, and what you said is probably just because of some weird bundle thing. I'm pretty sure they aren't clones, because I haven't heard of any problems with DealExtreme and AK2 Clones =P

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
owmyballs said:
BTW, Can anyone confirm that the Acekards sold by DealExtreme are official and not clones?

Just curious, DealExtreme is not listed on Acekard's site as a reseller. Also the included reader shown on Acekard's site is different than the one shown at DealExtreme. The included reader shown on the DealExtreme site is the same one they include with the Edge, M3, R4-III and N5.
Yeah they're real. Most people on this forum get them from there (including myself) so no worries there.

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People have received fake cards of other brands from DX, likely due to DX's suppliers shipping them fakes. But I've never read of fake Acekard's being found.

Kusiga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woo I am happy my AK2 is shipping finally after ordering it 20 days ago and having to contact them 3 times. For now been playing with my MicroSD SDHC card and seeing it not work with my card reader but happy it can be read fine when put into my mp3 player though the computer.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phew, I thought this was a bigger issue, they were just out of stock. I just ordered 2 a couple days ago. Good to see they'll be shipped out soon
smile.gif

powerpuff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They were definitely VERY back-ordered. Took about a month to get mine, but I have in my hands a genuine AceKard2. It was really really cheap too. If the EDGE is a "budget" card, what does that mean? $5?

CoconutCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just placed my AK2 order like 2 days ago and it was out of stock, and today my order status says:

Sweet. :-)

Now I wonder how long the free airmail will take to get to me in the USA?

ShAdOwFuRi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
lvt06 said:
focalprice.com seems to have them on stock. Can anyone confirm?

I checked out that site just then and it doesn't seem bad at all... anybody else had any experience with them?

ShAdOwFuRi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmmm, well their website layout is VERY similar to Dealextreme, as well as their prices and products... and seeing as though Dealextreme has alot of the products I want on backorder, I though I might purchase from focalprice. I live in Australia, which generally has a much shorter postage time from Hong Kong than America, (average 5 working days from my experience).

I just spoke to them on live help and they were not all that friendly either... sure they gave me the information I wanted, but I do suspect poor customer service. Pharaoh, upon waiting 3 months for your product did you by any change notify them? and if so what kind of response did u get?

maybeamac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Focalprice does not have any in stock they informed me but they said generally after placing your order they can have it within 2 days. It took them a week to confirm that is the 2.1 version because they didn't have a clue. Try live help they are very helpful and friendly hehehe they just chatted casually for a while with me when they had no customers mind you only 1 person answers all the live helps. Haven't ordered off them though. I got a pending order

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto