deathking

OP
Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
I had a look but could not find any hunting games like dear hunter or anything like cabelas hunting on the ds.
did i miss any games or is there some coming out in the near future ???

misterCraig

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd love to know why people actually enjoy these games. I played a couple of the PSP games and I just don't see the fun in shooting animals. Real or not.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
misterCraig said:
I'd love to know why people actually enjoy these games. I played a couple of the PSP games and I just don't see the fun in shooting animals. Real or not.

Yet FPS's are okay?

Would you rather kill an animal or a human?

If you answered 'neither', than these games are not for you.

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
misterCraig said:
I seriously hope this post has nothing to do with animal rights

animals behave differently than humans, so I can see people having interest in hunting games
plus some people like hunting, so they have a predisposition towards them

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Generally killing humans/creatures/robots which are attacking you is part of warfare (hopefully not one you started). Not really a good excuse but that's how it is. Kill or be killed.

Hunting and killing animals for nothing but sport - not survival or helping someone... Why? Where is the thrill? It's like playing games with all the cheats on so that there is no danger - where is the thrill...?

misterCraig

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
_Chaz_ said:
misterCraig said:

Yet FPS's are okay?

How many shooters see you killing innocent humans? There's a difference, you know.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
misterCraig said:
_Chaz_ said:
misterCraig said:

Yet FPS's are okay?

How many shooters see you killing innocent humans? There's a difference, you know.

Quite a few, actually.
And is there really? What makes it okay in your mind to kill a human over an animal?
Animals kill each other all the time, it's called life. Without death, nothing could live.

misterCraig

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gore said:
[I seriously hope this post has nothing to do with animal rights

animals behave differently than humans, so I can see people having interest in hunting games

So because animals behave differently, killing them for "sport" is ok?

And no, it had nothing to do with animal rights. I was just saying I find no entertainment value in hunting games, and don't understand why anyone else would.

QUOTE(_Chaz_ @ Feb 11 2010, 10:31 PM) Quite a few, actually.
And is there really? What makes it okay in your mind to kill a human over an animal?
Animals kill each other all the time, it's called life. Without death, nothing could live.

I'm not counting games that allow you to kill innocent people. I'm talking about games in which the main objective is to do so, and honestly, I don't care for games like that. Have I killed innocent people in games? Of course I have. I've even killed animals in games. Hell, who hasn't spent time hitting the chickens in a Zelda game? Doesn't mean I have to like hunting games. Something about shooting a defenceless deer from 100 feet away just doesn't sit right with me.

There's nothing right about killing a human. I'm not suggesting there is.

deathking

OP
Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
how about gta tons of innocent people died in that.

theres a thrill to hunting games . you set up look for tracks , stalk your prey use scents etc etc

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not worried about the subject matter. We (at least most of us) eat meat and we kill animals to get it. cool.

I always find that the games are very poorly made... its better to get out and do in the wild.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
misterCraig said:
Gore said:
[I seriously hope this post has nothing to do with animal rights

So because animals behave differently, killing them for "sport" is ok?

And no, it had nothing to do with animal rights. I was just saying I find no entertainment value in hunting games, and don't understand why anyone else would.

QUOTE(_Chaz_ @ Feb 11 2010, 10:31 PM) Quite a few, actually.

I'm not counting games that allow you to kill innocent people. I'm talking about games in which the main objective is to do so, and honestly, I don't care for games like that. Have I killed innocent people in games? Of course I have. I've even killed animals in games. Hell, who hasn't spent time hitting the chickens in a Zelda game? Doesn't mean I have to like hunting games. Something about shooting a defenceless deer from 100 feet away just doesn't sit right with me.

There's nothing right about killing a human. I'm not suggesting there is.

If you've done those things and are okay with it, I really don't see why were having this conversation.
I would imagine that someone like you would be in favor of these games as they are an alternative to the real thing.
I don't think I could bring myself to do the thing in real life either, but this is just a game; they're polygons, not living things.

As for the topic (which we should be getting back to), I can't seem to dig up any hunting games other than fishing and I can't imagine that's what you meant.

Shinryuji

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Might mean something like monster hunter, and in that case go PSP. The DS has no game like that, as far as I know.

@__Chaz__ I agree with you, they are just polygons, and no matter what psychologists say, there is no definite proof linking playing games and doing that action in the real world. And in the world of science, no definite proof is the same thing as no proof at all. However, as stated earlier, the world is kill or be killed. Sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do, so for that reason I have no qualms with killing animals, as long as they are put to good use afterwards OR they are endangering something/someone.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see the "charm" or enjyability in hunting games. They're boring, always poorly made, rather stupid, and just...stupid. I find killing animals for sport to be rather cruel, and not because of animal rights. The only right they have is to be tasty when cooked. But really. Do we hunt humans for sport? No, we don't. That said, to the person who said "Yet FPS's are okay? Would you rather kill an animal or a human?", humans fight back. Humans can use actual weapons and pose a true threat in games. Animals, however, cannot.

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there was one hunting game (expanson maybe? been a long time) where you could hunt bears, and if you weren't careful they'd get all up in your face. Was scary as shit back in the day.

But back to the topic, it'd be an interesting concept to see on the DS, if it was done right. Don't think I've heard of any, though.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yuyuyup said:
I am very disappointed with the lack of great FPS on DS (please nobody mention the incredibly awful "Moon") but I still think DS is the finest platform of all time
Who cares about shooters. thats why im so fond of my DS. Cause is has games i wanna play.

I got my hands on a 360 lately and frankly there is almost nothing that i want to play at all.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
deathking said:
I had a look but could not find any hunting games like dear hunter or anything like cabelas hunting on the ds.
did i miss any games or is there some coming out in the near future ???

Not that I know of, and praise the gods for it. *spits*...makes me sick

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...