Homebrew NO$GBA problems with 999

bloodhonor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
999 is the ds game nine hours, nine persons, nine doors

Whenever I play the opening song, it's really incomprehensible and the sound cracks a lot. I also see a lot of dips in frame if there's a cut-scene such as the part when the water shatters the glass of the window.

I want to know if others have been experiencing this and if they know how to fix this (maybe change of settings). THANKS!!!

ninjaapple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
I know the game you are talking about and I think that is how the game itself is.
Check Youtube for gameplay to see if others are experiencing this.

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nah, i know this stuff. It is cuz its an emulator, and cant handle:

a) the note pitches, therefore it cracks (can be sound card)
b) because its a video file renderd to ds quality that is aboslutley diffrent then the windows codecs.

SO techincally, it is your computer, no worries, everyone has this (i guess)

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Playing 999 on no$GBA, it worked perfectly. I did have frame rate issues about halfway through, but I know that's just my computer acting like the pile of crap that it is. To make sure it runs well, try playing with the extras and see if you can get it working well. That should at least help with the visuals, but I can't say for the sound.

When I played it, I used:
no$GBA with no$Zoomer (I don't have the exact versions, but very recent)
I ran the game through BIOS.
I did not encrypt 999.
I think I had all the extras off, I can't be sure at this point, as I've had to tweak the settings otherwise for other games since I played 999.

Don't forget to make sure your video and sound drivers are completely up to date. Old drivers can cause issues if they aren't up to the task. If problems persist, I just don't see you being able to play it really. You could try DeSmuME, but I'm not a big fan of how well that emulator moves when it comes to frame rate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...