OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi there,

Recently, I have came across No$GBA as an alternative method of playing NDS Rom's whilst on my PC doing other things, And so far, It's worked great with ROM's such as Pokemon platinum and Digimon World DS.

However trying to run games like 5433 - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1, and 5473 - Kingdom Hearts: Re-Coded just give me a white screen and won't load.

I tried running both roms through eNDryptS Advanced 1.2, and it patched succesfully, but when attempting to load the rom I get the following pop-up.

errorql.png

I've heard some talk about maybe needing a "Clean" ROM, but don't really understand the difference between a "Clean" ROM and the ones I currently already have. Because i get them all from the same place and as i said, some work, others won't.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

Dale

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@windwakr,

you are not helping him. If he have a problem and give it up then DeSmuME will be one he should try to use but for now he is asking for no$gba problem to be resolve first. SMILE!
smile.gif

@vamorex3000

What no$gba version do you have ? You dont need any patch at all! The version no$gba 2.5 and 2.6 can run the roms without a patch.

vamorex3000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RockmanForte said:
@windwakr,

you are not helping him. If he have a problem and give it up then DeSmuME will be one he should try to use but for now he is asking for no$gba problem to be resolve first. SMILE!
smile.gif

@vamorex3000

What no$gba version do you have ? You dont need any patch at all! The version no$gba 2.5 and 2.6 can run the roms without a patch.

I'm currently running 2.6a - No luck with most of the "new" roms.

Maybe DeSmuMe is the better option all around?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As the message clearly says, you need the ARM7/ARM9 .ROM files.
They cannot be linked here as they are copyrighted.

If you want to check if your files are clean or not, look them up on the AdvanScene Database.
Find the CRC32 for the dump and compare it to the CRC32 of your copy.
I suggest using HashCheck to find the CRCs of your files. It sits in the Right Click -> Properties -> Checksum tab, is very small and works flawlessly on Windows XP/Vista/7 including 64bit.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vamorex3000 said:
RockmanForte said:
@windwakr,

smile.gif

@vamorex3000

I'm currently running 2.6a - No luck with most of the "new" roms.

Maybe DeSmuMe is the better option all around?

Uh-oh. You need NDS bios which is a copyright. Google is your friend.

Which new games ? The most new games run just fine on no@gba with bios.

Be warn that DeSmuMe might not run the newer games such as new pokemon released.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
also i recommend getting the no$zoomer. fixes most games.
with kh re:coded - Start from gba bios(nintendo logo), resetting isn't enough. you'll get a rom-image crashed error. you need save the settings, close zoomer and open again. you'll need firmware though.

this doesn't only work on re:coded but in most games too.

vamorex3000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I promised i'd respond so here i am.

I found for the most part DesMume works MUCH better on all the games i want to play. A bit different from No$GBA but hey, can't complain.

Thanks to all for helping me out, I'll note down all that information for future reference if I ever need it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)